• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Why would he sell Townsend?

The only possible way i can see him go is if we bring in 2 players to replace Bale should he go (an inside forward and creative central player) which would mean Chadli and lennon would be our back up options. I wouldn't sell or loan him out though but that's the only way i can see us doing it.

why did he sell Caulker.....fcuk knows what AVB/Baldini are planning in terms of the squad

If you believe the ITK's Caulker was told that he would be used sparingly/rotation. Caulker felt as if he was ready for first team football and with a World Cup looming decided to move somewhere he could get that.

Meh.

Clearly the team didn't give a fudge about that match - they played like it was a Europa fixture.

Clearly AVB couldn't be arsed either, hence the team selection.

Silly team selection voids getting anything meaningful from this game as it was a mismatch. But still you expect something from a group of squad players that expresses their desire to be a 1st teamer. Utterly devoid of flair on our side though which is so unSpurs but perhaps in reality is the new Spurs after Bale goes. I just hope we dont become a poor mans chelsea where we out power/muscle teams but dont have any invention or flair that is perhaps our core belief.

Not even fussed about the result..Kane and Townsend have a future for Spurs.

We have so many mixed race and Moroccan guys with similar physiques and hair styles that you needed the comm to tell you who was who. He didn't, long periods of silence and getting the names wrong did not help my following of the game.

I assume Fryers did better than Jake?

Meh.

Clearly the team didn't give a fudge about that match - they played like it was a Europa fixture.

Clearly AVB couldn't be arsed either, hence the team selection.

Agree totally, but we are not far off the beginning of the season, you have to question our preparation here as we have really wasted 90mins of game time here and in reality learned fudge all about us as a team. Is all our energy focused on Bale and its repercussions?

Not even fussed about the result..Kane and Townsend have a future for Spurs.

We have so many mixed race and Moroccan guys with similar physiques and hair styles that you needed the comm to tell you who was who. He didn't, long periods of silence and getting the names wrong did not help my following of the game.

I assume Fryers did better than Jake?

Its hard to judge in fairness, against some top class players in a miss mash defence, how can you tell? They easily could have got at least 2 more but we wont ever start with this line up. At least, Monaco will never come after Loris!!

ah, nice to see some doom mongering, whats a spurs board without it

pre seasons are like weddings, great pre season brick regular season, and the other way round remember when we beat roma 5-0 capping an unbeaten pre season

and this match was like a training exercise, not many broke sweat today

I'm starting to think this. I think Townsend would have a positive effect on more games this season than Lennon.

The pundit used to play with him at Leeds and he said he ain't gonna improve.

I am happy with him but I think we can do better.

Its hard to judge in fairness, against some top class players in a miss mash defence, how can you tell? They easily could have got at least 2 more but we wont ever start with this line up. At least, Monaco will never come after Loris!!

Ouch! Hugo will not sleep well tonight and his mistake started it all. I thought we were in control until then.

I'm starting to think this. I think Townsend would have a positive effect on more games this season than Lennon.

Lennon is one of these players like Jenas where you are waiting for him to explode on to the scene and realise their potential finally. But reality is, they wont. Even Capello mentioned this about Lennon, he doesnt have that arrogance or belief that he can be one of the greats so instead just makes up the numbers. You have to question his hunger and desire...

Back