• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

it's just a list highlighting the players that didn't make the trip that we don't have available, a couple of players thrown in to dress it up as an eleven - doesn't change the fact that this game in Monaco see's us well below full strength and far away from what we'll see as a starting XI for the majority of premiership games

I think games like these are interesting. Theyre not games to take seriously (I couldnt care less and they are pressure free) but theyre interesting because it really does tell you a great deal about the squad players. Todays performance I think highlighted that (and I have been saying it for a while now) that our squad is not upto scratch. Now I understand that one or two of those players may be able to do a job if the other 10 are first teamers and there is a case that you cant just lump all 11 sus together and expect a resolute performance but there is an evident lack of quality.

Our first 11-14 players are awesome and hopefully AVB can get them to gel etc but beyond that I think a) we overrate players and b) we need to improve on those players and work is required on those 'back ups'. This is particularly important if we are going for the EL.

long term issues? you mean Gomes, BAE , Ade and Bale possibly being sold? i would say that's pretty long term.

Anyway my post was in relation to the start of the season and not the season as a whole.

Well Gomes is third choice so no, no isses.

Ade is out for personal issues, so no issue.

Bae? If we sell him we'll bring someone in, no issue.

Bale? Nobody knows what is going on.

Rather where we are now then a season ending injury that our CB's have had over the past two seasons.

Well Gomes is third choice so no, no isses.

Ade is out for personal issues, so no issue.

Bae? If we sell him we'll bring someone in, no issue.

Bale? Nobody knows what is going on.

Rather where we are now then a season ending injury that our CB's have had over the past two seasons.

but there is issues...ah never mind.

Anyway the best thing that will hopefully come out of this is AVB's post match interview. Hopefully we get info about Bale, Soldado and other possible signings.

I can see at least 7 of those players starting the palace game.

and the rest of the season onward?

injuries/Bale transfer situation are mostly things which are out of our control really - i don't think it's worth panicking at this point if we know what we have to return/what we are missing.

CB's is the major worry now that Caulker has gone and we only have 3 senior players for the squad in that position

injuries/Bale transfer situation are mostly things which are out of our control really - i don't think it's worth panicking at this point if we know what we have to return/what we are missing.

CB's is the major worry now that Caulker has gone and we only have 3 senior players for the squad in that position

but my original post was highlighting just the start of the season, i mean i said that. OK I'm backing off because we're going around in circles.

Exactly.

Back