• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Yup.

And an election to follow.

As Dodgy said in the mid 90s, this country's not United and the Kingdoms passed away.

Who will be the 2/3rds of MPs who vote for it?

Neither the Brexiteers nor Soubrey/Clarke have enough numbers to reach that if they join Labour and the SNP

A GE will only happen before 2022 if both sides are confident they will win (like 2017)

Johnson has gone too - no confidence vote incoming
May fudges up again. The only way for the resignation to not weaken her would have been for her to announce his replacement within a couple of minutes of his resignation. Not only does it say she's on top of it, but also that she's happy he's gone.

I wonder if she'll give it to Gove in order to shut off the coup from that angle.

Who will be the 2/3rds of MPs who vote for it?

Neither the Brexiteers nor Soubrey/Clarke have enough numbers to reach that if they join Labour and the SNP

A GE will only happen before 2022 if both sides are confident they will win (like 2017)
For a vote to go to parliament there would need to be public appetite.
If there is public appetite parliament wouldn't vote against it. Especially in the current climate.

There are some big marches on parliament on Friday.
If England lose Wednesday public attention will shift.
If we win, no one will give a fudge until it's too late.

May fudges up again. The only way for the resignation to not weaken her would have been for her to announce his replacement within a couple of minutes of his resignation. Not only does it say she's on top of it, but also that she's happy he's gone.

I wonder if she'll give it to Gove in order to shut off the coup from that angle.
@ShipOfGoldblum - you were saying??!

For a vote to go to parliament there would need to be public appetite.
If there is public appetite parliament wouldn't vote against it. Especially in the current climate.

There are some big marches on parliament on Friday.
If England lose Wednesday public attention will shift.
If we win, no one will give a fudge until it's too late.
I've yet to meet a single MP who would wilfully lose their seat in order to give the public what they want. Even less a cabinet minister lose their role.

I think @monkeybarry was suggesting that Gove would be worse that Johnson in the role.

I'd say Gove is brighter and better than Johnson, but less likely to fudge off and leave the grown ups to talk the way Johnson would have.

Oh, yeah, gotcha.

Gove has actually been okay in Environment AFAIK. Can't see him being anything like the disaster that Johnson has in cases where British interests are affected, outside trade.

Back