• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Not sure if the validity of the figure in this image but it’s a lot bigger than a fraction of a percentage.

View attachment 15896
The figure is accurate, the black hole bit isn't. That's the total spend on QUANGOs/ALBs/SAPBs/whatever you want to call them. Much of that is made up of spend from NHS England, HMRC, the AG, etc.

It does raise an interesting point on arm's length spending though. There's a spending review in place but it's the govt performing it. Somebody independent and opposed to spending (the Taxpayer's Alliance would be a good choice) should be reviewing each of them with two questions:
1) Is the existence of the QUANGO absolutely vital to the UK?
2) Is public funding the only possible way this service can be run?

Unless each one can prove a positive answer to both, then it should be disbanded.

On one hand, we have a party that exists to do the right thing but is doing all the wrong things. On the other, we have a party that exists to do all the wrong things on behalf of trades unions and people with an IQ too low to deserve a vote.

IQ is so hard to accurately measure. Surely we should base electoral rights on how much one has in the bank or the property one owns. Much more meaningful and reflective of those who are truly vested in the prosperity of the country.

And also those who have a penis, obviously.

The figure is accurate, the black hole bit isn't. That's the total spend on QUANGOs/ALBs/SAPBs/whatever you want to call them. Much of that is made up of spend from NHS England, HMRC, the AG, etc.

It does raise an interesting point on arm's length spending though. There's a spending review in place but it's the govt performing it. Somebody independent and opposed to spending (the Taxpayer's Alliance would be a good choice) should be reviewing each of them with two questions:
1) Is the existence of the QUANGO absolutely vital to the UK?
2) Is public funding the only possible way this service can be run?

Unless each one can prove a positive answer to both, then it should be disbanded.

Taxpayer's Alliance? Really? A tiny, non-relevant but highly vocal right-wing Tufton Street fruit basket lobby group to assess govt spending?

I could tell you their 'findings' before they even started doing their investigation.

IQ is so hard to accurately measure. Surely we should base electoral rights on how much one has in the bank or the property one owns. Much more meaningful and reflective of those who are truly vested in the prosperity of the country.

Achievement would work rather than money. Plenty of stupid people born into money.

Taxpayer's Alliance? Really? A tiny, non-relevant but highly vocal right-wing Tufton Street fruit basket lobby group to assess govt spending?

I could tell you their 'findings' before they even started doing their investigation.
Or any other body that exists to reduce govt spending. But they have to come from a position that spending is wrong to begin with.

And fudge left handed people. They should not be allowed vote either for obvious reasons.

It a fudging joke. Southern Water are clams.

Have we, the public, slept walked into this?

Services of all types are deteriorating, how high is the apathy threshold in this country?
Are we too distracted or something? Have we been divided? Or lost the ability to collectively come together? Come out from behind our smartphones?

‘A house divided against itself cannot stand’

That’s as succinct as I can put it. That and as a nation being so far indoctrinated by the ‘ruling class’ into following what is essentially a make believe monetary system that relies on infinite growth with finite sources.

The misconception is that the Tories are making a hash of things when in fact this is working fine, as far as they are concerned. The hierarchy is fundamental to right-wing thinking. Those that 'deserve' to be at the top of the triangle and those below. It is working exactly as designed and the masses are perpetually distracted by a media environment owned by those who have a vested interest in preserving their own dominance. To break the cycle you need to start there.

Last edited:

I can’t think of anyone I’d pay less attention to than those clownshoe clams from tufton street with their clown car economics

no they do not. that is what you want as you have money, and i doubt you are some self made entrepreneur either

and the TPA - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/oct/09/taxpayers-alliance-conservative-pressure-group
Entrepreneur, no. Self-made, yes.

Should it be a surprise that the same people who donate to a cause whose aim is to reduce taxation also donate to a party who (when operating correctly) also aim to reduce taxation?

I would have expected that.

Entrepreneur, no. Self-made, yes.

Should it be a surprise that the same people who donate to a cause whose aim is to reduce taxation also donate to a party who (when operating correctly) also aim to reduce taxation?

I would have expected that.

The majority of those people have been born with a silver spoon in their mouth. While you blame peoples IQ for their impoverished situation I do not. This low tax world you dream of does not exist without some people suffering at the bottom. The fact you don't care is your business but it is such an awful way to be.

It a fudging joke. Southern Water are clams.

Have we, the public, slept walked into this?

Services of all types are deteriorating, how high is the apathy threshold in this country?
Are we too distracted or something? Have we been divided? Or lost the ability to collectively come together? Come out from behind our smartphones?

There are reasons why the Tories have been underfunding state education for decades.

The majority of those people have been born with a silver spoon in their mouth. While you blame peoples IQ for their impoverished situation I do not. This low tax world you dream of does not exist without some people suffering at the bottom. The fact you don't care is your business but it is such an awful way to be.
Awful/evolved, potato/potahto.

Back