• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I remember Midland Bank turning up to our school opening accounts for the pupils. You ended up with a bag, lion and a cheque book which was decent for paying for Chinese take ways with bouncy cheques
It was a griffin you philistine. And you celebrate the fact that you stole food from immigrants, bravo! Well done! Jesus Christ.

It was a griffin you philistine. And you celebrate the fact that you stole food from immigrants, bravo! Well done! Jesus Christ.

It was a joke, I can assure you I wasn't holding up Chinese restaurants with bouncy cheques at the age of 15.

Last edited:
Not really.

If you want the shortish version of a longish answer, I not a fan of borders at all. I think goods, services, people, etc should be free to move wherever they like. But you can't have both free movement and a welfare state, one has to give. Assuming the govt aren't going to do anything sensible about spending in the near future, then borders have to exist.

I also think we should do our fair bit with regard to refugees - every comparatively wealthy nation should. But Calais is not a war-torn hell hole full of persecution. It's a brickhole, granted but we owe people in France nothing in terms of protection.
Excellent! These barges are morally repugnant and practically useless, except for propaganda purposes. And that is without mentioning how overpriced they are. Someone is making serious bank off this.

So as the UK takes well below it's fair share at the moment you would be for taking more asylum seekers and refugees I assume. Would you also be for taking the French up on their offer and set up an asylum processing facility in France for those hoping to come to the UK? It seems to me to be a sensible and practical idea, and would solve the small boats/trafficker problem overnight.

Last edited:
Excellent! These barges are morally repugnant and practically useless, except for propaganda purposes. And that is without mentioning how overpriced they are. Someone is making serious bank off this.

So as the UK takes well below it's fair share at the moment you would be for taking more asylum seekers and refugees I assume. Would you also be for taking the French up on their offer and set up an asylum processing facility in France for those hoping to come to the UK? It seems to me to be a sensible and practical idea, and would solve the small boats/trafficker problem overnight.
I'm certainly not in favour of spending that kind of money. Putting them in boats with 5 miles of fuel, 5 miles from the French coast would be my preference.

I would certainly be in favour of taking greater numbers, but not from France, those people are already safe. The better solution is to set up methods for application directly from affected areas.

Imagine still voting for the Tories. Incredible they actually won a by-election, regardless of ULEZ. People still voting for this lot, christ the country really is fudged.
What it shows is the difficulty of getting through environmental measures and legislation. The world is on fire but the 2 main parties are still playing politics with the issue. Shame on both of them.

I'm certainly not in favour of spending that kind of money. Putting them in boats with 5 miles of fuel, 5 miles from the French coast would be my preference.

I would certainly be in favour of taking greater numbers, but not from France, those people are already safe. The better solution is to set up methods for application directly from affected areas.
There he is. I thought you were going soft on me.

What about refugees coming from Spain or Italy, say? OK with those?

You'd be happy if it's about quotas though?

If Italy and Spain have taken their quota, you'd be happy for us to welcome them if we had not reached our maximum yet?
Assuming we were sure that they had already taken what we believe to be a fair quota, yes. But they'd have to apply from those countries first and take second place to anyone applying directly from where they're in danger.

What it shows is the difficulty of getting through environmental measures and legislation. The world is on fire but the 2 main parties are still playing politics with the issue. Shame on both of them.

It shows you need to target environmental measures at the powerful (including corporations and states), not the poor.

Bring forward to ban on new combustion engine sales to now, and/or give free EVs out out to people with old petrol/diesels in the scrappage policy. They are the type of brave decisions needed

It shows you need to target environmental measures at the powerful (including corporations and states), not the poor.

Bring forward to ban on new combustion engine sales to now, and/or give free EVs out out to people with old petrol/diesels in the scrappage policy. They are the type of brave decisions needed
It's not just the poor affected, it's also Mardy middle aged men who don't like being told.

It's not just the poor affected, it's also Mardy middle aged men who don't like being told.
You shouldnt ever really try and restrict people's travel. Thats a really backwards regressive thing to do.

Go hard on making vehicles pollution free through incentives and regulations on manufacturers, but its a mistake to try and price/inconvenience the poor/middle out of being able to travel

You shouldnt ever really try and restrict people's travel. Thats a really backwards regressive thing to do.

Go hard on making vehicles pollution free through incentives and regulations on manufacturers, but its a mistake to try and price/inconvenience the poor/middle out of being able to travel
They aren't priced out of travel in London though or in fact restricted. We have arguably the best and most decently priced public transport system in the country.

What about people who say live in Ruislip and work in Beaconsfield? Its taking away their first hour's salary every day

All I'm saying is that if the state are going to retrospectively outlaw their vehicle, it has a responsibility to provide them with a compliant replacement. State provided EVs for low and middle earners in a fully funded scrapage programme type thing

Farage is loving this, can't see the CEO escaping. You can't be in that position and leak stories to a paper about customers.

he's probably also quite worried, a lot of the money going in and out of that account would have been related to criminal activity

Farage is loving this, can't see the CEO escaping. You can't be in that position and leak stories to a paper about customers.

What was the jist of the leaks? Not as rich as people thought? Potential illegal money? I can't seem to find what was said

Back