• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Talked a good game, lots of headline policies, none ever followed through, all quietly dropped.
She painted herself into a corner with the gra, she cannot admit that there is even a small chance that she might be wrong.
She has basically become mcthatcher, my way or else.

Politics suffers all the time with the lack of humility and acceptance from people that they may be wrong, its why alot of it is so fcuked. She though is one of the hard nosed, never wrong, always right politicians I have seen speak, arrogant beyond arrogant

Who will replace her?

There's two things that have kept her in a job, the almost cult like devotion of her support, her support, not the parties support or independence support.
Most of the party know this and that when she goes they will most likely lose and lose pretty badly.
Secondly that she has strangled any opposition or anyone that has looked like a threat.
Its no coincidence that salmond and cherry have both been ostracised, besmirched and cancelled, the biggest threats.
I'd say kate forbes, but whoever it is is going to be running around putting out a lot fires.
This could be an IDS, corbyn moment for the snp.
This has not been her decision, this has been forced on her and whatever they have on her must pretty bad.
If it gets out, and its 50/50 on that one, all hell will break lose.

10 weeks is the standard they quote on their website.
My husband just got his renewed. It took over a week for them to register receipt of his old passport (even though from tracking they had it in a couple of days) but from that point it took one week to get the confirmation that it was approved and printed. Now just waiting for TNT to deliver it.

This website gives you an indication of how long things are currently taking. It's only as good as people volunteering the information, but it gives you an indication.
https://www.passportwaitingtime.co.uk/

Edit : And it has just arrived. So from submitting the application online to it landing on the doormat was 19 days, including weekends.

New passport received, thanks to @Glenda's Legs for the link which made me pull the trigger. 2 Weeks basically (not the 10 weeks it advises online).

Also submitted the times to https://www.passportwaitingtime.co.uk/

Seems as good a time as any to dust off this old classic

FeeRy-dWYAQIcSV.jpg

Talked a good game, lots of headline policies, none ever followed through, all quietly dropped.
She painted herself into a corner with the gra, she cannot admit that there is even a small chance that she might be wrong.
She has basically become mcthatcher, my way or else.

The agree with me or you’re a bigot line is a sure fire way to alienate people as she did with her views on trans people. It was painful watching her squirm when she was asked about the trans prisoner who identifies as a female and she wouldn’t say if the prisoner was female or not.

So the frontrunner for the SNP leadership (Kate Forbes) is an anti-abortion loon.

With Therese Coffey having briefly been Health Minister, where do they dig up these barbaric relics?

Decisions made for peoples lives for political clout, many suspected it, would have had more respect if they said "we will do it all because we just don't know"
The thing is, no one can argue that lockdowns aren't a terrible choice to have to make. But a 4% fatality rate, given the initial R number, is a huge number of deaths in the population. My family are steeped in the NHS and I will never forget the stories of the numbers of body bags, the feeling of being completely helpless in the face of horrific circumstances. With no vaccines and no treatment, stopping the spread and reducing R was literally the only option to stop death and serious illness. It was a tough decision.

The thing is, no one can argue that lockdowns aren't a terrible choice to have to make. But a 4% fatality rate, given the initial R number, is a huge number of deaths in the population. My family are steeped in the NHS and I will never forget the stories of the numbers of body bags, the feeling of being completely helpless in the face of horrific circumstances. With no vaccines and no treatment, stopping the spread and reducing R was literally the only option to stop death and serious illness. It was a tough decision.

Yeh I get that 100%

The thing is now though, is that yes with the power of hindsight, those numbers were terrible because of the lack of reaction and initial protection of care homes and vulnerable people. Had the government done better there the fatality number here would have come down, absolutely no doubt and had guidelines been tailored to be more fluid and protect those whilst allowing some semblance of life for those not, there is no doubt that things would have been better.

We had no alternative than to lockdown because the initial reactions were so poor IMHO. The news drip feeding out that things were pushed on longer to scare people more because of other bad political decisions, I mean thats lovely too, push people who lost jobs and income into further potential poverty, proper management that.

Anyway its an old subject done to death onwards and upwards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64848101

Headline grabbing lines like this from politicians that should know better just make me sigh. Given the protests outside asylum hotels, the far right groups don't need much ammunition to feel emboldened. Sunak and his mob are dehumanising these people and normalising the hatred towards them .

I get we cannot take everyone that try to come over but we should still treat them with some semblance of humanity. Depressing stuff.

Headline grabbing lines like this from politicians that should know better just make me sigh. Given the protests outside asylum hotels, the far right groups don't need much ammunition to feel emboldened. Sunak and his mob are dehumanising these people and normalising the hatred towards them .

I get we cannot take everyone that try to come over but we should still treat them with some semblance of humanity. Depressing stuff.

They’re desperate to stay in power and will do anything to try to make that happen. Given they completely fudged the country over with Brexit in an attempt to sort out their party squabbles no one should really be surprised.

getting ready for an election, has to appeal to his base

Back