• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Need to renew my passport. Wait time is 10 weeks.

Decide to use urgent option. No appointments in London for the entire slot of available selection (3 week period).

Decide secondary urgent option. Also no appointments in London.

This country really is just collapsing at every possible juncture.
I did mine in June last year at the supposed height of the backlog - 1.5 week turnaround.

I did mine in June last year at the supposed height of the backlog - 1.5 week turnaround.
It's almost like DiamondLights leapt at the chance to say the country is collapsing at every possible juncture... whereupon several posters mentioned how fast and efficient the service is.

It's almost like DiamondLights leapt at the chance to say the country is collapsing at every possible juncture... whereupon several posters mentioned how fast and efficient the service is.

The economy has tanked, the NHS has all but collapsed, the trains don’t work, half of all schools were closed last week, the Bank of England say that Brexit is going to slow growth for at least a decade and millions are reliant on food banks.

Never mind, though - a couple of posters got their passports through on time.

Stagflation around the corner. IMF and Bank of England predicting a difficult economic year for the UK. Brexit won't change anything, it will liberate the economy not harm it. Right. Right??? Wrong.

Reactions: DTA
The economy has tanked, the NHS has all but collapsed, the trains don’t work, half of all schools were closed last week, the Bank of England say that Brexit is going to slow growth for at least a decade and millions are reliant on food banks.

Never mind, though - a couple of posters got their passports through on time.
The BOE is contributing to the demise of the economy with unnecessary interest rake hikes. The rate of inflation is falling and will continue to fall because of maths, and interest rate increases will affect this not a jot. Increases will just hammer an already overstretched class of people. And all the while fossil fuel companies have had their most profitable year in history (fueling inflation..pun intended). It is truly fudging sickening.

Last edited:
Brexit was the worst idea imaginable.

Everyone was right. The city got screwd and became uncompetitive. London will have to follow the EU and their rules to compete.

Oh wait actually the Europeans are how relaxing some of their rules to align with London. No that can't be right, fake news I guess.

Everyone was right. The city got screwd and became uncompetitive. London will have to follow the EU and their rules to compete.

Oh wait actually the Europeans are how relaxing some of their rules to align with London. No that can't be right, fake news I guess.
Is that a net benefit for the UK?
(Both in isolation and in terms of Brexit as a whole)

Is that a net benefit for the UK?
(Both in isolation and in terms of Brexit as a whole)

Its simply the EU making them more competitive so they can take even more jobs and tax revenue away from us. We need to find billions to pay for Brexit. There really is no transparency or appetite to tell it like it is by politicians. Fact is we are poorer and our economy is weakened.

On the upside..,zilch. Literally no benefits.

Last edited:

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Oh you're being serious?

talking about "The City". I can't explain to people who aren't willing to listen, but trust me when I say the entire industry has had to move people and importantly legal entity structures to the EU region post-Brexit. Taxable revenue literally moving out of the UK.

There's literally thousands of people working on shifting things out of the UK. You cannot offer certain Banking services from UK entities to the EU region now, hence these Legal Entity structures being set up across other European nations with staff to match as Banks need to be regulated by European authorities in those countries.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Oh you're being serious?

talking about "The City". I can't explain to people who aren't willing to listen, but trust me when I say the entire industry has had to move people and importantly legal entity structures to the EU region post-Brexit. Taxable revenue literally moving out of the UK.

There's literally thousands of people working on shifting things out of the UK. You cannot offer certain Banking services from UK entities to the EU region now, hence these Legal Entity structures being set up across other European nations with staff to match as Banks need to be regulated by European authorities in those countries.

The school that I work in has , for many years, hired our facilities out for 6 weeks every summer to hundreds of Spanish, French and Italian kids who would come across for week-long language schools/cultural trips. It’s now completely dried up as they are all going to the Republic of Ireland; no red tape, so less hassle and less expensive. It’s happening to schools all over the U.K.

One more Brexit benefit that most people won’t know about - one of thousands of under the radar losses, I’m sure.

The Scottish bitch has gone.

Think someone must have had some dirt on her. Despicable politician, can't think of anyone who has lied as much as her in modern politics.

She was not so much pro Scottish as she was anti English.

Ive always been quite impressed by her - she's often the grown up in a world of toddlers.

I wonder if its the trans stuff that has caused it? She seemed to position herself against the popular view of both her party and country on that. Its been her hill to die on, a bit like Corbyn and anti-semitism

Ive always been quite impressed by her - she's often the grown up in a world of toddlers.

I wonder if its the trans stuff that has caused it? She seemed to position herself against the popular view of both her party and country on that. Its been her hill to die on, a bit like Corbyn and anti-semitism

Talked a good game, lots of headline policies, none ever followed through, all quietly dropped.
She painted herself into a corner with the gra, she cannot admit that there is even a small chance that she might be wrong.
She has basically become mcthatcher, my way or else.

Back