• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I often feel i'm swimming against the tide on the world population thing so i won't disagree there.
However, i had this discussion a couple of weeks ago with a group of friends when they were discussing utopian ideas, there is no such thing as utopia, because everybody has a different idea of what utopia is, how to achieve it and how we should all have the utopia that they want.
There are too many, but there are also way too many telling everyone whats good for them.

Star trek. Think most people would agree a star trek next generation universe (without the wars) would be nice. Jetsons...

Bladerunner, terminator, corporations or killer robots nnot so much.

Anyone who doesn’t know the depth of Russia’s involvement in Tory control by this stage is either stupid or wilfully dumb.

Yeah cause russia has never given money to the labour party.

Not disagreeing with you. Think all donations to parties should be public record with none allowed from businesses.

Anyway come on lula. Really don't understand how the polls are close with him and bolsanaro? Lula was the most popular leader of the 21st century. The fraud arrest was absolute bs. Can't believe brazilians would go against him.

Agreed. Keeping an eye on this, will have massive implications for the region and politics in general.

From memory, Brazil handled covid worse than anyone. America had the most deaths, but that is partly because they have a high proportion of morbidly obese people. Why would Brazilians vote the guy back in who screwed up everything so royally?

So Trevor Noah has been criticised this week because he supposedly said there’s been a backlash in the UK by racists against Sunak becoming prime minister. Have to say, I’ve just watched the clip, that’s not what he said at all. He said “some” people have reacted against Sunak and don’t like him because they are racist. I hope he doesn’t apologise as he’s not said anything wrong.

Star trek. Think most people would agree a star trek next generation universe (without the wars) would be nice. Jetsons...

Bladerunner, terminator, corporations or killer robots nnot so much.

You're only saying that because of marina sirtis and her badgerl tattoo.

So Trevor Noah has been criticised this week because he supposedly said there’s been a backlash in the UK by racists against Sunak becoming prime minister. Have to say, I’ve just watched the clip, that’s not what he said at all. He said “some” people have reacted against Sunak and don’t like him because they are racist. I hope he doesn’t apologise as he’s not said anything wrong.

The guy is a massive tw*t always going on about how brits are so racist, which from a South African (he says he is one enough) living in America seems a bit pot calling the kettle something.

He was at the very least being provocative in the least by saying "some people" because I imagine the amount of people who have a problem with his colour are similar to the amount of anti vaxers. Which in a country of free will, ypu will always have. But they are an insignificant number.

But hey he is an educated blackman who is apparently funny as well so let's not critique him.

The new prime minister give two much money away in covid for my liking and I really hope he does not raise benefits in line with inflation like I think he will. But apparently he is supportive of crypto. So I sort of like him.

This is good news. In fact it is impossible to overstate the importance of this victory for all life on our planet.

FeOO25YUcAAtCqW

Last edited:
The guy is a massive tw*t always going on about how brits are so racist, which from a South African (he says he is one enough) living in America seems a bit pot calling the kettle something.

He was at the very least being provocative in the least by saying "some people" because I imagine the amount of people who have a problem with his colour are similar to the amount of anti vaxers. Which in a country of free will, ypu will always have. But they are an insignificant number.

But hey he is an educated blackman who is apparently funny as well so let's not critique him.

The new prime minister give two much money away in covid for my liking and I really hope he does not raise benefits in line with inflation like I think he will. But apparently he is supportive of crypto. So I sort of like him.

I agree it is grating constantly hearing Brits and non-Brits going on about how racist we are which I don’t think is the case. There will always be racists as you pointed out, but that’s not the vast majority of people in this country. I don’t think that’s what Trevor Noah was saying in that clip tbh.

I didn’t know Sunak was a fan of crypto. That’s worrying. It uses more energy than some entire nations. I read that the mining for one bitcoin transaction uses the same amount of energy as a million visa transactions and the equivalent of 50,000 hours of watching YouTube. And there’s no product behind Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Binance and the rest of them.

Back