• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It's a deeply frustrating video, as most of this was foretold. In short our economy according to the Office of Budgetary Responsibility is 4% worse off a year because of Brexit. That's £100b down each year, which means £40b less tax a year. And guess what the shortfall in public spending is? Yep, about 40b. So we will have to cut and skimp to pay for Brexit.

Last edited:
These are migrants from france. That is where they came from. France isn't war torn, they weren't getting persecuted. They didn't have to or were forced to come here.

There is accomodation in rwanda.

It’s not an invasion, that’s incendiary language used to other them.

Right wing 101, she’s a fudging fascist, appealing to the base, it’s groundwork for the next election, during which the Tories will be despicable.

I feel sick hearing our government talk like this.

The only thing worse than actual ministers of parliament, in the House of Commons, spouting rhetoric like this, is that there are plenty of single-celled, pieces of human brick who will be galvanised to abuse other human beings and/or commit more sinister acts. And feel totally justified in doing so.

These are migrants from france. That is where they came from. France isn't war torn, they weren't getting persecuted. They didn't have to or were forced to come here.

And they are not obliged under the Convention on Refugees to claim asylum in any of those countries. No one is saying people seeking asylum should be housed in 5-star accommodation but they are human and should be treated decently until their claim is assessed. We need to turn claims around much more speedily. And we need to do it here. Not in Rwanda. Money wasted on schemes like Rwanda could be better served being put into the process here. And yes, France is a problem and a better solution is needed. I don't know the answer to that, but slating the French publicly, as is often the case, is not going to help.
Some of the rhetoric in parliament this evening was shameful.

It's a deeply frustrating video, as most of this was foretold. In short our economy according to the Office of Budgetary Responsibility is 4% worse off a year because of Brexit. That's £100b down each year, which means £40b less tax a year. And guess what the shortfall in public spending is? Yep, about 40b. So we will have to cut and skimp to pay for Brexit.

The actual report doesn't mention £100bn a year at all. It also says almost half of that (2/5) has allready happened.

https://obr.uk/forecasts-in-depth/the-economy-forecast/brexit-analysis/#assumptions

6m a day putting up migrants in hotels, when they've come from slums in Calais...you can see the controversy. We're a desirable destination. France isn't. Is that because you get a hotel? Or we speak English? I am sure the reasons are myriad and complex. But there must be better options than the government spending 6m a day of tax payers' money on hotels. Army barracks in a field somewhere for example.

5m a day could fill a lot of food banks.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Didn't mention gdp either.

Read the report it's 1 page.

The new trading relationship between the UK and EU, as set out in the ‘Trade and Cooperation Agreement’ (TCA) that came into effect on 1 January 2021, will reduce long-run productivity by 4 per cent relative to remaining in the EU.

Richard Hughes said the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) had assumed leaving the EU would “reduce our long run GDP by around 4%”

Who is Richard Hughes you might ask? Here you go https://obr.uk/about-the-obr/who-we-are/richard-hughes/

Still backing Brexit?

6m a day putting up migrants in hotels, when they've come from slums in Calais...you can see the controversy. We're a desirable destination. France isn't. Is that because you get a hotel? Or we speak English? I am sure the reasons are myriad and complex. But there must be better options than the government spending 6m a day of tax payers' money on hotels. Army barracks in a field somewhere for example.

5m a day could fill a lot of food banks.

Detention centers are full up. The £7m a day is just hotels (£2.5bn a year). Government and local government are also renting flats and houses. Good luck if you're on a waiting list.

The new trading relationship between the UK and EU, as set out in the ‘Trade and Cooperation Agreement’ (TCA) that came into effect on 1 January 2021, will reduce long-run productivity by 4 per cent relative to remaining in the EU.

Richard Hughes said the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) had assumed leaving the EU would “reduce our long run GDP by around 4%”

Who is Richard Hughes you might ask? Here you go https://obr.uk/about-the-obr/who-we-are/richard-hughes/

Still backing Brexit?

Ok missed that bit.

I do wonder what makes them want to come to the UK rather than claim asylum in other countries they pass through, I mean they risk their lives on the crossing, spend any money they have on it, could have their claim rejected and sadly we're not exactly welcoming to migrants nowadays.

I guess some might have family or speak English but for most I'm not sure of their reasons.

Detention centers are full up. The £7m a day is just hotels (£2.5bn a year). Government and local government are also renting flats and houses. Good luck if you're on a waiting list.

How long does it take for the army to build a hanger in a field? Saving million or billions. There is a lack of invention in government.

We've built them. They are in rwanda. But they've been taken to court.

Rwanda is supposed to work as a deterrent. That is the logic, right? But its costly to taxpayers and the carbon emissions can't be good. No airline wants to be associated with it either.

Idiot. Didn't realise we had the longest maternity leave in the world though. 52 weeks compared to 14 in germany.

Where are you getting that from? I think we're mid to low on maternity leave. Don't Scandi countries give Paternity leave too?

Edit:

960x0.jpg

Back