• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

it’s a recruitment company.

Cut out the middle man.

If you can't find a lorry driver, offer to upgrade a van drivers licence.

If you want a van driver offer to upgrade a mini cab drivers licence.

Pay them accordingly.

Workforce gets better skilled and earns more money. Increases productivity too.

Cut out the middle man.

If you can't find a lorry driver, offer to upgrade a van drivers licence.

If you want a van driver offer to upgrade a mini cab drivers licence.

Pay them accordingly.

Workforce gets better skilled and earns more money. Increases productivity too.

genius bruv I will get right on it. Hahaha

The modern left seems to care more about poor people from other countries, than they do for poor people from this country. Then wonder why poor people in this country don't vote for them.

Rather than trying to understand the reasons. They put it down to racism and stupidity. Nothing to do with trying to find a place to live, or getting a job that pays a wage you can live on. Or a doctors appointment.

Is that an immigrants fault? Should we hate them. Ofcourse not. They just want a better life. But when net immigration was at 300k a year for over a decade, while house building was around 40k a year. With cut backs in services. Competition for jobs. Poor peoples lives got worse.

1. yes there is a lack of understanding from urbanites as to why people voted for Brexit. A bus driver who’s had Poles coming over and keeping the value of his/her work low, has every right to question free immigration. I do think most are slow to appreciate this.

2. Conversely downgrading our economy via Brexit with less trade and tax revenue with jobs going into the EU, means the UK can realise the Tory dream. Where the working class pick fruit, are plumbers and chimney sweeps. There is a lack of understanding from working classes about this too. The reality is, most of the UK population are highly educated and able to do more advanced work. That is not a negative!! Needing immigrants for cleaning jobs and the worst jobs on building sites, that is not something to lament! Why would you want your people doing the worst jobs as though that is somehow progress!?

Also is there no responsibility on the bus driver to invest in their own education and make themselves more employable? It was the EUs fault they didn’t advance?

Last edited:
The modern left seems to care more about poor people from other countries, than they do for poor people from this country. Then wonder why poor people in this country don't vote for them.

Rather than trying to understand the reasons. They put it down to racism and stupidity. Nothing to do with trying to find a place to live, or getting a job that pays a wage you can live on. Or a doctors appointment.

Is that an immigrants fault? Should we hate them. Ofcourse not. They just want a better life. But when net immigration was at 300k a year for over a decade, while house building was around 40k a year. With cut backs in services. Competition for jobs. Poor peoples lives got worse.

I'm hesitant to wade in the this one but caught hook line and sinker by the first line.

You say the "modern left" seems to more about poor people from other countries, if we're making sweeping generalizations that you can say you reckon because of a shock and awe headline or two, then the "modern right" don't seem to care about poor people whether they're foreign or not.

We need to recognise the arbitrary nature of where one is born and see the bigger picture that we are indeed the same species and move onwards - Instead we have incompetent fudgewits in power pandering to the mouth breathers / knuckledraggers by declaring a war on wokeness, if only it were homelessness that worked people up in to such a frenzied state, rather than being exposed to a real life homosexual in a TV show or a mixed race couple on an advert, the horror.

"Poor people's lives has got worse" is about the one thing you've said I agree with, but guess we've gone to that conclusion via a different path, perhaps look at the clams in charge rather than immigrants (of whom many prop up the NHS helping people get those doctors appointment you mentioned).

Don't remember that.
To be fair, they didn't.

They said there was one problem - membership of the EU.
Leaving became the solution to whichever issue would get a vote - some of which were true, some of which were false, most of which were nuanced and fell down when moderate scrutiny was applied.

To be fair, they didn't.

Leaving became the solution to whichever issue would get a vote - some of which were true, some of which were false, most of which were nuanced and fell down when moderate scrutiny was applied.

The world is fudged up in so many ways there's not one person, party or policy that will sort it.
There is no one solution because there is no one problem.

The skills shortage was inevitable, and pointed out by “Project Fear”, those pushing for leaving the EU should have had the common sense to wait for automation to be further advanced.

It is possible for a foreign national to come here and work, but it’s a faff, it used to be easy for an EU national (in both directions, something people in this country have generally been too small minded to appreciate imo, working abroad can be wonderful fun). The main issue I’ve heard from my many EU born friends, is that the message to them from Brexit, was basically fudge off. All of my Irish mates have moved out of the UK in the last 5 years.

To be fair, they didn't.

thats kind of what I meant.

The skills shortage was inevitable, and pointed out by “Project Fear”, those pushing for leaving the EU should have had the common sense to wait for automation to be further advanced.

It is possible for a foreign national to come here and work, but it’s a faff, it used to be easy for an EU national (in both directions, something people in this country have generally been too small minded to appreciate imo, working abroad can be wonderful fun). The main issue I’ve heard from my many EU born friends, is that the message to them from Brexit, was basically fudge off. All of my Irish mates have moved out of the UK in the last 5 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-furloughed-jobs-at-risk-of-automation-report

The world is fudged up in so many ways there's not one person, party or policy that will sort it.
There is no one solution because there is no one problem.

Disagree. One problem = overpopulation. One solution = emancipation of women in most of the second and third world.

Overpopulation is what causes climate change, war, poverty and crime. When overdemand for finite resources stop being a problem, other problems all fade away

Disagree. One problem = overpopulation. One solution = emancipation of women in most of the second and third world.

Overpopulation is what causes climate change, war, poverty and crime. When overdemand for finite resources stop being a problem, other problems all fade away

There will still be problems. Capitalism means that more and more wealth will be held by fewer people. People and companies that pay little tax.

Buy how many generations is that emancipation and education going to take, realistically? Assuming it eventually happens.

Buy how many generations is that emancipation and education going to take, realistically? Assuming it eventually happens.

To get to a negative population growth roughly 60 years going by east asia. The birth rate starts dropping quite quickly though.

Here is koreas.
graph_country.png

Countries like south africa and india, birth rates have fallen. Still seeing population growth though.

There will still be problems. Capitalism means that more and more wealth will be held by fewer people. People and companies that pay little tax.

That's easier to focus on once the chronic ones are out of the way

It happens quickly once i) high infant mortality ends and ii) secularisation happens. Maybe in a generation. As Lilbaz points out - it's already starting to happen in lots of places.

I often feel i'm swimming against the tide on the world population thing so i won't disagree there.
However, i had this discussion a couple of weeks ago with a group of friends when they were discussing utopian ideas, there is no such thing as utopia, because everybody has a different idea of what utopia is, how to achieve it and how we should all have the utopia that they want.
There are too many, but there are also way too many telling everyone whats good for them.

Back