• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Does this mean we currently have an anti-abortion pub landlord loon (Coffey) officially running the country now though?

Actually, isn't Hunt another anti-abortion loon too?

"I came into office at a time of great economic and international instability. Families and businesses were worried about how to pay their bills. So I decided I'd make it worse for all of them by f*cking up the economy."

The whole thing is perfection. The UK must be a laughing stock.
No surprise she's gone after yesterday's fiasco but it's ridiculous that the Tories can just elect yet another PM without going to a general election.
Let's see if they can stop the internal fighting long enough to find the "unifying" candidate.

"I came into office at a time of great economic and international instability. Families and businesses were worried about how to pay their bills. So I decided I'd make it worse for all of them by f*cking up the economy."

The whole thing is my favourite buttplug. The UK must be a laughing stock.
No surprise she's gone after yesterday's fiasco but it's ridiculous that the Tories can just elect yet another PM without going to a general election.
Let's see if they can stop the internal fighting long enough to find the "unifying" candidate.

I just heard that America have a line of succession. They can only have elections on a fixed day, every four years, so if the president dies or is impeached, the vice-president, then the speaker, then the secretary of state etc. take over in turn for the rest of the term.

Though we should definitely not give it to the deputy PM at the moment, it might be a better idea to consider - naming an order of succession in manifestos?

You have to assume they have all secretly chosen the next leader already so we don't have to go through that whole circus again right... right?

I think they've chosen the next leader, will dress it up as a contest and call a GE.

Surely that can't survive anything less reputationally?

Sunak is the only one that has any chance of winning the next election (it’s a small chance). He will say I predicted what would happen and I was right, and I’m the only one that knows how to fix it… and people will buy it… how many people I don’t know.

If they had any sense, their criteria would be – electable to floating/centrist voters. And their shortlist would be Tugendhat, Stewart and Davidson (re the latter two, the PM can also come from the Lords – see Alec Douglas-Home as last example)

If they had any sense, their criteria would be – electable to floating/centrist voters. And their shortlist would be Tugendhat, Stewart and Davidson (re the latter two, the PM can also come from the Lords – see Alec Douglas-Home as last example)

If they had any sense (and they are members of the post-sanity Tory Party, so they don’t) they would select the lettuce out of calculated boaty-mcboatface populism.

Back