• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Bob Stewart is 73 and completely unknown. Would be very very left field - no pun intended.

I assume you mean Dehenna Davidson? A 29 year old as leader would be very bold.
Although she'd be out first Ginger PM. One more than Labour!

In know you mean Ruth Davidson.
Are you talking about Rory Stewart? He's not in the Lord's.

Yes, Rory Stewart. You can put someone in the Lords immediately. Blair did this on about his first day to get Charlie Falconer in his first cabinet.

Honestly, looking around northern England, I would say roughly none. There's huge anger at Tory sleaze and economic insanity, but people here are still positive about Brexit and its potential.

Was speaking to a friend from bognor at the weekend who had been a strong leave voter and now wonders what he was thinking.
But then another strong leaver from Derby has diubled down and thinks it is only going to get better.
No accounting for folk.

Was speaking to a friend from bognor at the weekend who had been a strong leave voter and now wonders what he was thinking.
But then another strong leaver from Derby has diubled down and thinks it is only going to get better.
No accounting for folk.

My view is Brexit has always been left/right neutral. Yes, the loons have been able to exploit the new powers it repatriated. But hopefully it will also be used soon for some healthy anti-capitalist ends instead

My view is Brexit has always been left/right neutral. Yes, the loons have been able to exploit the new powers it repatriated. But hopefully it will also be used soon for some healthy anti-capitalist ends instead

I voted remain because it was the lesser of two evils.
A good opportunity for change was missed by the eu.
Brexit could have been a success, but in all honesty i don't think we have any politicians of any party to make a proper go of it.
As usual the average man in the street will suffer.

Yes, Rory Stewart. You can put someone in the Lords immediately. Blair did this on about his first day to get Charlie Falconer in his first cabinet.
Ah yes, good point!
Not sure it'd go down well currently though. Anything outside the existing system will look undemocratic

I voted remain because it was the lesser of two evils.
A good opportunity for change was missed by the eu.
Brexit could have been a success, but in all honesty i don't think we have any politicians of any party to make a proper go of it.
As usual the average man in the street will suffer.

im really not sure how Brexit could ever have been a success, not from a financial stand point at least.

But what I’m 100% sure of, is that as soon as Boris pushed his ‘oven ready’ hard Brexit deal through, it was always going to fail and fail hard.

Tory MPs have until 2pm on Monday to nominate candidates. They'll need at least 100 nominations from fellow Tory MPs to be in the running.

That means really only three candidates can make the cut.

MPs will get a vote and - if there are more than two still in the mix - Tory members will then get an online vote on the final two.

If only one reaches that threshold then in theory a new leader could just be decided by Monday.

But if not, then that result of a members vote would be wrapped up by 28 October.

im really not sure how Brexit could ever have been a success, not from a financial stand point at least.

But what I’m 100% sure of, is that as soon as Boris pushed his ‘oven ready’ hard Brexit deal through, it was always going to fail and fail hard.

handled properly i don't think it we would have any worse off, a limited success granted, but a success, kind of.

until recently i did think boris was about the worst possible choice for pm, seems not, worst still theres a queue of them that are even worse.

If it can be done in a week why was there so much navel gazing last time?

Because online voting on a slapdash political party’s homebrewed digital platform at a time when we were in open hostilities with Russia and covert ones with China, both of which have a reputation for cyberattacks and disinformation aimed at destabilising and delegitimising other regimes, was seen as such a hideous risk that they needed postal ballots to provide cast-iron assurance.

All that’s probably okay now, I haven’t been watching the news much.

Tory MPs have until 2pm on Monday to nominate candidates. They'll need at least 100 nominations from fellow Tory MPs to be in the running.

MPs will get a vote and - if there are more than two still in the mix - Tory members will then get an online vote on the final two.

If only one reaches that threshold then in theory a new leader could just be decided by Monday.

But if not, then that result of a members vote would be wrapped up by 28 October.
100!?
Must already have that decided.

Mourdant was basically doing PM the other day anyway.

Cutting the members out is huge. The mps voting are at least answerable to their constituents.

It never was. The reason it was leave was because the people on council estates decided to vote.

It's going to be Boris again, isn't it? Just imagine the smug face he'll have when he steps in front of the cameras as Prime Minister, again.

But why the fudge isn't there called for a general election? The Torys have clearly shown, over a number of years, that they are incapable and utterly useless at governing.

Serious question. How many Tory party members can use computers without the assistance of their grandparents? Maybe it's schoolkids who hold the power in this vote, and not actually the Chinese Ministry of State Security.

As tempting as it is to laugh at the Tories, they have an astonishing ability to make things even worse. That would be bringing Boris back. They would be stupid enough to do it and he is that much if a narcissist to want a return. This soap opera is sadly far from over.

Back