• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

For me, the issue with the current bunch of Tories in power and many politicians in fact, is not that they are not intellectually bright or that they are economists (or not) by training, it's that most of them lack any emotional intelligence. In fact most seem to display a lack "real world" experience and cannot distinguish between what is a text book theory and what is appropriate for the moment.

For me, the issue with the current bunch of Tories in power and many politicians in fact, is not that they are not intellectually bright or that they are economists (or not) by training, it's that most of them lack any emotional intelligence. In fact most seem to display a lack "real world" experience and cannot distinguish between what is a text book theory and what is appropriate for the moment.

A lack of empathy seems to be a pre requisite. Prime example was Therese Coffey on the radio earlier in the week being asked about extending free school meals. I mean I in no way expected her to agree but the coldness and lack of even the pretence of an inkling of care in her response surprised even me. Horrible woman.

For me the tories have always been unlikeable at best. Ok let’s stop beating around the bush, they’re assholes. And whilst I’ve never voted for them, they can be effective which is the most important thing. But If they’re going to be ineffective and unlikeable then there’s no point in them. As much as I want them to fail, the economy is reflective of the government, the market has no confidence in them, so for everyone’s sake, they need to turn things around and quickly.

A lack of empathy seems to be a pre requisite. Prime example was Therese Coffey on the radio earlier in the week being asked about extending free school meals. I mean I in no way expected her to agree but the coldness and lack of even the pretence of an inkling of care in her response surprised even me. Horrible woman.
The absence of empathy is a feature, not a bug for right-wing politicians. When your worldview is largely hierachical, the higher you climb the pyramid the more people you've had to climb over on the way to the top. Empathy is nothing more than a hindrance to achieving this.

For me the tories have always been unlikeable at best. Ok let’s stop beating around the bush, they’re assholes. And whilst I’ve never voted for them, they can be effective which is the most important thing. But If they’re going to be ineffective and unlikeable then there’s no point in them. As much as I want them to fail, the economy is reflective of the government, the market has no confidence in them, so for everyone’s sake, they need to turn things around and quickly.
They've long stopped being effective. If taking away things or not spending is effective then the Tories are your party. In the last 12 years of Tory government we've had austerity ( taking away and not spending, an Ill thought out brexit, followed by a bonanza of tax and public money giveaways to their chums. Imho an effective government needs to spend it's tax payers' money efficiently, not under or over spend or waste it.

The last effective government imho was Blair/Brown from 97-2003. They invested in public services, resisted the Unions and improved workers rights while still providing a good environment to grow the economy. Then Blair went mad.

Last edited:
Please, don't let them off the 'intellectually bright' bit.

She has a face that looks like a bull dog that has been stung by a bee.

They've long stopped being effective. If taking away things or not spending is effective then the Tories are your party. In the last 12 years of Tory government we've had austerity ( taking away and not spending, an Ill thought out brexit, followed by a bonanza of tax and public money giveaways to their chums. Imho an effective government needs to spend it's tax payers' money efficiently, not under or over spend or waste it.

The last effective government imho was Blair/Brown from 97-2003. They invested in public services, resisted the Unions and improved workers rights while still providing a good environment to grow the economy. Then Blair went mad.

They had common sense too which seems to be lacking in some of them these day. Tony Blair was interviewed during the pandemic and he said the party lost some common sense which I agreed with.

I hope this ushers in a purging of the Conservative euro nut jobs. Brexit really served to isolate who the freaks and fools were in the party. They were a deluded minority who lived in the past. Bumbling toffs we used to laugh at and not take seriously. How did they take over? The best I can say about the eurosceptic side of the Tory party is they are romantics. Believing in some bygone Britannia long past. The damage they have inflicted on the UK, like one of their sadistic private school teachers now exposed, should drive them to exile in their rural hideaways never to be seen again. But sadly these imibicles will not get their comeuppance and be accountable.

How these former backbench freaks of the Tory party managed to gain power and subject us to their delusions is a story in itself. How influence, Russian money and grandiose delusions combined in the Conservative party to wreck the nation. Coming to channel 4 soon.

Last edited:
I hope so.

I fear they think they can waste another two months with another leadership election though.

I think Sunak will be PM by next weekend. If Mordaunt and Javid row in behind him (Raab, Hunt and Shapps already being there), he'll command the support of 2/3rds of their MPs, including all the notable middling beasts (I wouldn't credit any of them as being big beasts these days).

I hope so.

I fear they think they can waste another two months with another leadership election though.
They cannot waste any more time with that nonsense. The UK is facing multiple converging crises, and it needs to act now before all the individual crises join hands and become a self-perpetuating system-wide clusterfudge.

If you are in too good a mood this evening and need to get back to your normal state of despondency this article might sort out that problem.
https://bylinetimes.com/2022/10/14/britain-is-sleepwalking-into-societal-collapse/

She’s going to definitely be gone by Friday; probably by Wednesday; and quite possibly by the end of tomorrow.

What a shambles.

Who would replace her? It was slim pickings when they replaced Boris. Down to the bare bones now. I feel Labour somehow need to force a general election and capitalise on the momentum they’ve built, partly because the tories have been in self destruct mode since the last election but all the same, people have short memories and will forget all about this in 2 years if they do by some miracle turn it around.

As I have mentioned on here I am a currency trader not been funded on ftmo yet. But my own account is doing OK.

This week should provide so.e really good shorts.

Back