• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I can't believe how incredibly average, and quite often poor, this guy looks. He looks disinterested far too often, can't seem to pass the ball forwards, he seems to be far too clumsy with the ball to be Brazilian. For the people that knew him before he came to us - what's his best position? Where should he play for us? Why does he look like a Stoke player? Why the hell did we spend 13 mill on this guy?

But we're talking about Dembele, and not Paulinho. Plus the fact that we can all see the obvious natural talent that Dembele has and the frustration stemming from his inability, or lack of wanting to do more with it.

Both look limited if you ask me. Capable of playing in a team that might win the EL but if we want to be top 4 regulars then I think you need someone else to partner Sandro in our first choice 11

Well he was brilliant against Stoke, which is more than be said for your lot. LOL.

Paulinho was playing some proper Samba football against Stoke until Charlie Adam went studs first into his ankle. Hopefully Pauli just needs a bit more time to regain confidence again and to stop worrying about thugs trying to end his season every time he beats them with some skill.

MemorableFinishedAlbatross.gif

Last edited:

Yes, he was great against Stoke - but was that just a fluke? He's been nowhere near that performance in other games for us this season.

He like most of our players has shown glimmers of ability. I actually think that he's shying out of tackles more often because of Adam and the fact that the World Cup is coming.

Yes, he was great against Stoke - but was that just a fluke? He's been nowhere near that performance in other games for us this season.

A fluke? I'm guessing you mean a one off? You can't fluke skills like that, you either have them, or you don't. I think it's about getting consistency. Look at Soldado, he's not scoring and yet we all know what he's capable of and so most fans are patient with him. Why not afford Paulinho patience too? We know what he can do, just support him and hopefully given confidence, and the right position, he can express those skills more regularly.

I still think he isn't suited to the 442 system, the guy plays much better off the front man and if there are two of those his game is hampered.

the more i look at him the more i think of him as Attacking midfielder - not a box to box player. and agree with post above he supports the strikers, but he can't operate with wingers that cut in and crowd out his space. technically its an attacking trio of two CFs and one AM. Too bad our wingers can't cross and love to cut in to shoot.

so accomodating him to get the best out of him may require drastic changes in the way others play, good test of tim's ability.

regardless based on Paulinho's play and time occupied up front he should be based on goals/assists. that puts him in the same bracket as soldado - plenty of promise, glimpses of brilliance, but yet to deliver to potential.

Please get this absolute waster out of this club.

I can accept a bad player or a player in bad form but a player that totally neglect his duties and forces his teammate to do two jobs? a player that ducks out of challenges? a player that literally hides? **** off and leave.

I think the one thing I saw him do in Benfica's half was get in the way of Eriksen who was running with the ball.

I missed the legendary mystical Stoke game that people speak of, I have seen a couple of backheel vines which looked pretty snazzy though but I just don't get what this guy brings to the team. It seems like every time he plays we play poorly.

Back when we had Sandro and Modric you could look at the midfield and say "so he's there to tackle, he's there to pass" and it worked. All over the team nowadays it doesn't seem that clear what the players aims are..

I thought he looked so promising at the start of the season. But he has been absolutely shocking since.

I've NEVER seen a player so obviously avoid tackles as him. Not in all my years watching football. He's the one that stands out. Is that likely to change? Nope. Honestly looks to me like he's protecting his legs until the Real bid comes. Ship out.

Ed: I suppose it's fair to mention the Adam challange and say that disgusting piece of work might well scare a player. But come on.

Huge disappointment as when he plays for Brazil he looks absolutely class. I just think he doesn't have the personality/temperament for the Premier League.

Hopefully he's playing with the World Cup in mind, i.e. trying not to get injured, and comes back as a good player after the summer...

Signed: Eternal Optimist.

He's on the plane to Brazil already, or thinks he is. Sherwood has to see this lack of commitment and still picks him!!!Why? Actually I have a nagging feeling he'll be a far better player for us when the WC is over but **** all good that does us now.

I'd bench him now for the rest of the season and play Bentaleb and Dembele, or Eriksen or even ****ing Jenas.

Was yet another poor performance from him and I agree with what the guy who said he missed our midfield when you knew what the players roles were. I understand even attacking players should do some defending and defensive players should be able to string together a pass or two. But we seem to have gone for all round players who are all round average.

From the summer I thought his best position was as the "lampard" role but that is also siggys best position and depending on who you believe also eriksen and lamela. Some do not want to blame the Director of football, some do not want to blame avb, some do not want to blame levy.

Someone is to blame and this lack of accountabilty is what is hurting this club we have no direction, I did not like avb towards the end but we would have been better off signing only the players he wanted. I would prefer to go back to Redknapp with the whole "spurs fans have never had it so good with the football they are seeing" because we had an identity and a direction we lack that now.

Back