• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

In his current position, and based on the season so far, who would people rather have in their side, Gylfi Sigurðsson or Paulinho?

Paulinho.

Yesterday, tome, he looked GENUINELY lost with regards to what he was meant to be doing. I certainly could not figure out his actual position/duties…I think he needs to be played alongside Sandro personally…the two would click. Due to my somewhat (current) irrational impatience with Dembele, I'd drop him and bring Sandro in if fully fit…I think those two would work really well together, sandro as the deep shied who can quickly find Paulino who can quickly mke up the ground ahead of him/attack freely...

Paulinho is playing like a man with one thing on his mind - Brazil 2014.
He wants to run the clock down this season and make it to his home World Cup.
He jumped out of two tackles yesterday, and given we are (were) in a proper scrap for fourth, that is unacceptable.
He promised so much but has failed to deliver over recent months.

On current form he shouldn't be anywhere near the Brazil line up.

Just feels a massive shame that Sandro probably won't play in the World Cup this summer and Paulinho will. Of course two completely different players but Sandro is so flipping good.

On current form he shouldn't be anywhere near the Brazil line up.

I think that apart from the fatigue of playing pretty much non-stop for 18 months he has suffered from being played in multiple positions. Most players thrive on getting their groove in a settled role.

Paulinho.

Yesterday, tome, he looked GENUINELY lost with regards to what he was meant to be doing. I certainly could not figure out his actual position/duties…I think he needs to be played alongside Sandro personally…the two would click. Due to my somewhat (current) irrational impatience with Dembele, I'd drop him and bring Sandro in if fully fit…I think those two would work really well together, sandro as the deep shied who can quickly find Paulino who can quickly mke up the ground ahead of him/attack freely...

Nothing irrational about it mate. Totally justified.

Nothing irrational about it mate. Totally justified.

Dembele is a player that involves himself (good or bad) and is not willing to hide. Paulinho on the other hand is a hider....a man willing to let others do his job. All this and Dembele receives the majority of criticism from spurs fans...go figures.

Dembele is a player that involves himself (good or bad) and is not willing to hide. Paulinho on the other hand is a hider....a man willing to let others do his job. All this and Dembele receives the majority of criticism from spurs fans...go figures.

But we're talking about Dembele, and not Paulinho. Plus the fact that we can all see the obvious natural talent that Dembele has and the frustration stemming from his inability, or lack of wanting to do more with it.

But we're talking about Dembele, and not Paulinho. Plus the fact that we can all see the obvious natural talent that Dembele has and the frustration stemming from his inability, or lack of wanting to do more with it.

Yes we're talking about Dembele...on a Paulinho thread.

As well as being a spectator on the field, Paulinho also holds the title of player most likely to ***** out of a 50/50 challenge.

My comment was simply stating that I held the same opinion of Dembele as Steff. But you're right, in the context of the thread your comments regarding Paulinho are valid, apologies.

As well as being a spectator on the field, Paulinho also holds the title of player most likely to ***** out of a 50/50 challenge.

that is something I most definitely agree on. I can only hope that he's scared of an injury ahead of the World Cup.

Paulinho is playing like a man with one thing on his mind - Brazil 2014.
He wants to run the clock down this season and make it to his home World Cup.
He jumped out of two tackles yesterday, and given we are (were) in a proper scrap for fourth, that is unacceptable.
He promised so much but has failed to deliver over recent months.

Yep I agree. I said something similar many pages back. He's looking to avoid injury at all costs and to be honest I understand it. I'm sure we'll see a more committed Paulinho next season.

Doesn't help us though so he should be dropped.

New penny shine.

New penny shine.

Don't think so .. Paulinho like many of our new players is struggling

Dembele is not new to the league, and doesn't hide, what he does do is flatter to deceive very badly .. Watch what you think is a good performance by Dembele closely, lots of possession, great shielding off the ball, often gets/carries the ball to the edge of oppositions area, then what?

His is the worse kind of poor performance, has the toolset, has the application, actually gets the opportunity/possession to be really dangerous, but for some reason (not game smart?) does very little with it.

Don't think so .. Paulinho like many of our new players is struggling

Dembele is not new to the league, and doesn't hide, what he does do is flatter to deceive very badly .. Watch what you think is a good performance by Dembele closely, lots of possession, great shielding off the ball, often gets/carries the ball to the edge of oppositions area, then what?

His is the worse kind of poor performance, has the toolset, has the application, actually gets the opportunity/possession to be really dangerous, but for some reason (not game smart?) does very little with it.

Yeah Dembele is a continuity player, they're useful. Paulinho basically just takes the place of a striker but offers little return, I don't know whether these Real Madrid rumours of interest are true but it's about time we got something out of that partnership.

Just can't see him getting a recall. His last few seasons have been injury ravaged. In the mean time Brazil have the likes of Paulinho, Luis Gustavo, as a first choice and then Ramires, Hernanez, Fernandinho even Lucas Leiva.

IMO Sandro is the best out of them but he needs to get fit and play well for an extended period.

Back