• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

so who could be possible alternatives just in case this deal goes t!ts up?

The lad at Cagliari is in the same mould as Paulinho and would maybe be cheaper. Mr Nainggolan (sorry probably spelt wrong)

I know he would be a good like for like alternative........ahem on pes 2013 both have attack & defence level 3 but crucially Nainggolan has the Box 2 box player card!!!!!!!!

ps. I also loathe madrid now......tossers!

The thing is I dont know how good he is and I wont pretend I do know. Its good though that we are going after sought after players.

its not so good..... what would be good is shiny new players holding up the shirt standing next to Portuguese bloke with red beard.

But I guess its easier said than done.......Liverpool have done lots of business but not one of their signings makes me think......wow they mean business.
right player right time though I really hoped we would have signed someone before june fades away.

Hopefully we can all have a good look at him tonight playing for Brazil, he's reported fit again after the ankle injury that kept him out of the last game.

I've seen them play a few times in recent months, Paulinho isn't one that's caught my eye I have to say. That's not to say he's no good, far from it.

He's supposed to be great in the air at set pieces, now that would improve us! Goals from corners! That would be a novelty!

We need a replacement for Parker, who in my opinion has passed his peak. I just question how much we can afford to spend on a midfielder. Our priority has to be a pair of strikers, I fear there won't be enough in the kitty to get the quality we need.

Lets hope we can get over the line with paulinho ....... would be happy with McCarthy but not ecstatic.... I really hope if we get this lad in then we absolutely work dawn till dusk to get ourselves a goal scorer.

Lets hope we can get over the line with paulinho ....... would be happy with McCarthy but not ecstatic.... I really hope if we get this lad in then we absolutely work dawn till dusk to get ourselves a goal scorer.

I'll be ecstatic if we get over the line with two top quality strikers plus Paulinho. Very happy if we land two quality strikers plus McCarthy. But I'll be tinkled off if we spend a big wedge of our transfer fund on Paulinho and fail to strengthen sufficiently up front. It's all a question of priorities balanced against the funds we are able to spend.

I raised the same argument last season when we brought in Vertongen. While a love Verts, I still think we'd have been stronger if we'd have spent that cash on a striker and gone with Caulker at the back.

I'll be ecstatic if we get over the line with two top quality strikers plus Paulinho. Very happy if we land two quality strikers plus McCarthy. But I'll be tinkled off if we spend a big wedge of our transfer fund on Paulinho and fail to strengthen sufficiently up front. It's all a question of priorities balanced against the funds we are able to spend.

I raised the same argument last season when we brought in Vertongen. While a love Verts, I still think we'd have been stronger if we'd have spent that cash on a striker and gone with Caulker at the back.

I completely agree.

but Vertonghen was relatively cheap, and Caulker had plenty of chances last season but was quite average

Vertonghen in for King was immense business

whatever was spent on Vertonghen could have been found and spent on a striker as well. Us not properly strengthening up front was simply a continuation of the previous GHod knows how many transfer windows

but Vertonghen was relatively cheap, and Caulker had plenty of chances last season but was quite average

whatever was spent on Vertonghen could have been found and spent on a striker as well. Us not properly strengthening up front was simply a continuation of the previous GHod knows how many transfer windows

Well ade did not live up to the billing my guess is that we thought we had enough up front with defoe,ade and Dempsey who can play the cf role.......... yeah its easy to say but a cf is the highest priority for us even though I think Paulinho looks a player..... I would suggest vydra on loan and a marquee signing..........Gomez would be my preference over villa or maybe Benteke but aston villa can play hardball and I don't think we should pay over 20m for him..... Im glad we bought verts its just a shame damiao didn't come with him.......but he will never come. Caulker is all good for the future but has a lot to do before he is first choice or good enough to be.

This

If the strikers are not available for our budget then do we just not sign anyone? The problem was all the lottery winning clubs buying up every striker going and pricing us out of the market.

In the mean time you strengthen with whatever quality players are available whilst continuing to look out for your targets. Vertonghen was available and we needed a replacement for King, we would have been stupid to pass on him.

Failure to add another striker was one problem.

Buying one of the best CBs in the league for a decent fee was a success.

They are two independent things and it is utterly pointless trying to put the two together.

Watching Paulinho play here, I'm at a loss as to why we're interested in him. Perhaps he'll switch it on in the second half.
Once fit Sandro walks back into this Brazil side, probably at Paulinho's expense.

Watching Paulinho play here, I'm at a loss as to why we're interested in him. Perhaps he'll switch it on in the second half.
Once fit Sandro walks back into this Brazil side, probably at Paulinho's expense.

Yeah, he's been toss in the games I've seen in the confederations cup

but im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as apparently Scolari is playing him deeper so he can cover Alves when he bombs forward.

Yeah, he's been toss in the games I've seen in the confederations cup

but im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as apparently Scolari is playing him deeper so he can cover Alves when he bombs forward.

Does he? I always see Paulinho in the box when Brazil are attacking!

Back