• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

It is a bit concerning that its become public a good few days before he could sign. My main concern is that there's a large number of clubs which could look at him: Man U are short in CM, he would strengthen arse a lot, could be a direct replacement for Lampard at cheatski, even Barca could look at him given people like Xavi and Iniesta arent getting younger, Athletico have all the Falcao cash, plus the two moneybags French teams,.....

Not great that a deal is telegraphed this much in advance..

Let's be completely honest, Corinthians, Paulinho and his agent don't need the media to air this. They'd be able to tell other clubs of the situation and I'm sure his agent especially has been making sure everyone knows about his potential move.

Man Utd look like they're going hard for Thiago, who looks an exceptional player. Athletico as I understand it are basically bankrupt and they weren't in full ownership of Falcao anyway and Barca have youngsters from within (and need defenders badly). Lampard just signed a new deal. The two french teams are a concern but that will be a case for most of the players we try to sign.

Basically, there's not much point worrying about it. I'm sure other clubs at least had an idea of the situation before. I think we have a good chance of signing him, certainly over 50%. I suspect Paulinho is waiting to see if someone bigger comes in and then he'll assess his options. But again, there's nothing we can do other than sit back and wait.

Didn't Dembele become public a few days before?

Dembele had just ripped apart Man Utd at Old Trafford for Fulham then it was made public we were linked and also made public that there was a £16m release clause in his contract, Man Utd were short in Central Midfield yet didn't sign him, Arsenal could have done with someone like him in the middle yet didn't go for him, He probably would have improved Chelseas depth but they didn't go for him, I'm sure many teams across the world could have gone for him but didn't. If Paulinho wants to come he'll come, if not, who gives a flying fudge. We'll just get someone who will definitely improve us like a striker or a creative midfielder.

i cant think of many transfers kept secret. The media get info via agents, selling clubs, family members etc. Spurs have made their offer and its up to the player now. If he chooses to go elsewhere then we go for someone else.

I can understand all the knee-jerk negativity seeing as last summer we were linked with Sig, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey, Ade and Lloris only for nothing to happen... Oh wait, no, that's not what happened at all.

Not surprised that this deal has become as public as it has, with him becoming a Brazil regular it's only natural for him to have high ambitions. The club will also want to drum up interest even though he has a reported buyout clause it could lead to better offers (like quicker payments instead of installments). Both Corinthians and Paulinho's agent would be rather silly not to talk about a possible deal in the press knowing that he will almost certainly move this summer they will both be looking for the best possible deal.

That's life for a club our size when pursuing a big profile player.

If his agent is doing his job properly then every single desirable club in the World will know exactly what the player would cost and what wages it would take to secure him.

The geezer has more to say on Spurs..................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2347568/Paulinho-join-Tottenham-Corinthians-17million.html

Paulinho is poised to complete his £17million switch to Tottenham after revealing that he’d be ‘fulfilling a dream’ by playing in the Barclays Premier League.

The 24-year-old Corinthians midfielder is poised to become Andre Villas-Boas’ first signing of the summer as Spurs look to mount a challenge on the top four next term.

Paulinho will complete his medical following Brazil’s participation in the Confederations Cup and today cited his joy at joining Villas-Boas’ side.

‘I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream,’ said the midfielder, who is set to become one of the Premier League’s brightest stars.

‘It’s a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. ‘They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style.

‘I couldn't turn them down if they made it made me an offer. It would be a great pleasure to play for Tottenham.’

Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Roma were also interested in the 15-cap international, but Spurs have beaten them to his signature.

Paulinho scored a fantastic equaliser for Brazil against England in a friendly clash earlier in the month.

Looks done to me, you never know of course I remember when Robbie Fowler turned to his agent in the middle of a medical at Leeds Utd and said "this isn't for me" and it fell through (happened later though of course) and also you do get mistranslations from time to time but if these quotes are legit then it looks as if this is happening and I'm very pleased by the looks of things it is Spurs he moving to. Hopefully this does go through and he signs for us.

Last edited:
The geezer has more to say on Spurs..................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2347568/Paulinho-join-Tottenham-Corinthians-17million.html

Paulinho is poised to complete his £17million switch to Tottenham after revealing that he’d be ‘fulfilling a dream’ by playing in the Barclays Premier League.

The 24-year-old Corinthians midfielder is poised to become Andre Villas-Boas’ first signing of the summer as Spurs look to mount a challenge on the top four next term.

Paulinho will complete his medical following Brazil’s participation in the Confederations Cup and today cited his joy at joining Villas-Boas’ side.

‘I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream,’ said the midfielder, who is set to become one of the Premier League’s brightest stars.

‘It’s a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. ‘They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style.

‘I couldn't turn them down if they made it made me an offer. It would be a great pleasure to play for Tottenham.’

Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Roma were also interested in the 15-cap international, but Spurs have beaten them to his signature.

Paulinho scored a fantastic equaliser for Brazil against England in a friendly clash earlier in the month.

Well that sounds like a done deal, doesn't it? What a boss midfield we'll have next season. Need some more guile though me thinks.

"if 'XYZ' make you an offer, you can't refuse..."

could easily have been along the lines of what was originally said in his native tongue

I think I found his Facebook page, but I don't really use FB. Need to get my account back on and send him some goodwill.

Quotes seem weird to me - seem to be from a couple of weeks ago - says he couldn't turn it down IF we made an offer- well he confirmed two days ago he had an official offer and he'd talk about it with his family AFTER the cup finishes - I think the Mail have found some old quotes an rehashed them!

SkySports now reporting the quotes too and quotes from one of Corinthians' directors.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-to-hold-talks-with-Tottenham-target-Paulinho

Transfer News: Corinthians wait to hold talks with Tottenham target Paulinho

Corinthians are waiting to hold talks with Paulinho after the midfielder claimed it would be a 'fantastic opportunity' to play for Tottenham Hotspur.

Paulinho is currently on Confederations Cup duty with Brazil and claimed last week that Premier League side Spurs had made an offer.

Reports suggest that Spurs have matched the 24-year-old's €20million (£17m) buy-out clause and Corinthians director Duilio Monteiro Alves wants to discuss the situation with Paulinho after the Confederations Cup.

"The buy-out fee is 20million Euros and Corinthians can't do anything," Alves told UOL. "We'll talk with him.

"Paulinho already knows about the offer, we told him.

"He asked to wait until he returns from the national team. When he comes, the final decision will be made."

Paulinho had also been linked with Serie A duo Inter Milan and Roma, but has confirmed he cannot reject the chance to move to White Hart Lane.

"I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream," said Paulinho.

"It's a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style.

"I couldn't turn them down if they made me an offer. It would be a fantastic opportunity to play for Tottenham."

Spurs have yet to comment on the reported deal and, at the weekend, manager Andre Villas-Boas cooled rumours of a move for Paulinho's Brazilian team-mate Bernard.

Back