• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Paulinho is a good player, but 17 mill??? Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho are a super solid midfield 3, but is there enough guile, invention and movement there?

Is that not what we need? The player Jenas potentially could have become?

I think Sigurdsson could have been given more of a chance to fulfil this role. Could have saved us 17 mill to and redirected it elsewhere

I think Sigurdsson could have been given more of a chance to fulfil this role. Could have saved us 17 mill to and redirected it elsewhere

Is this a record? Is a player4 already being written off before actually putting pen to paper? Belief beggared!

Is this a record? Is a player4 already being written off before actually putting pen to paper? Belief beggared!

no not written off, just not something we are desperate for. We signed Sig last summer, he hasnt been properly utilised yet, lacked confidence in his first season, and I just wonder why we are not thinking along the lines of a midfield 3 of Sandro, Dembele, Sigurdsson. Putting Paulinho in there instead of Siggy doesnt make much of a difference imo

if AVB is looking at playing a midfield 3, i think what we are lacking is a Modric type to go alongside Sandro and Dembele, and not a Paulinho who anyway is similar to Sigurdsson imo. Thats all

I like Paulinho, i never said otherwise. However the price tag will be a burden. He seems expensive considering what he provides overall

I think it's fair to be critical of a signing we make, or are about to make, if you have seen that player a significant amount and feel that the player won't add much to the team. Nothing wrong with voicing that opinion, if we were heavily linked with a player I didn't rate at all I would be very critical.

To be critical based on watching a player a couple of times for his national team along with a youtube video or two seems a bit silly though.

I also think Sig could easily play that role and score 10 plus goals a season.

Sig has never played the role Paulinho plays for Brazil for us, or as far as I know for Swansea.

When Sig signed on loan for Swansea Rodgers immediately switched from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 to let Sig play in his natural position. Based on what I've read and on limited viewing myself Sig had his best periods in Germany when allowed to play as an attacking midfielder. Playing him deeper in a central role lead to them wanting to get rid of him.

Meanwhile Paulinho has made that central role his own playing for Brazil!

I think it's fair to be critical of a signing we make, or are about to make, if you have seen that player a significant amount and feel that the player won't add much to the team. Nothing wrong with voicing that opinion, if we were heavily linked with a player I didn't rate at all I would be very critical.

To be critical based on watching a player a couple of times for his national team along with a youtube video or two seems a bit silly though.

Sig has never played the role Paulinho plays for Brazil for us, or as far as I know for Swansea.

When Sig signed on loan for Swansea Rodgers immediately switched from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 to let Sig play in his natural position. Based on what I've read and on limited viewing myself Sig had his best periods in Germany when allowed to play as an attacking midfielder. Playing him deeper in a central role lead to them wanting to get rid of him.

Meanwhile Paulinho has made that central role his own playing for Brazil!

Sig has played that role for Reading and i've seen it with my own eyes.

Sig has played that role for Reading and i've seen it with my own eyes.

In the Championship, 3-4 years ago. Since then neither Rodgers or AVB chose to play him there, AVB didn't even when we had injury problems.

Meanwhile Paulinho is playing there now, for Brazil, in important competitive matches.

I think there are a lot of differences between Sig and Paulinho in terms of ability and strengths/weaknesses. Apart from being midfielders that both can score goals I don't think there are a lot of similarities apart from both obviously being at least good footballers.

In the Championship, 3-4 years ago. Since then neither Rodgers or AVB chose to play him there, AVB didn't even when we had injury problems.

Meanwhile Paulinho is playing there now, for Brazil, in important competitive matches.

I think there are a lot of differences between Sig and Paulinho in terms of ability and strengths/weaknesses. Apart from being midfielders that both can score goals I don't think there are a lot of similarities apart from both obviously being at least good footballers.

Defnitely. Sig is certainly the more technically gifted and skillful of the two...

"There is nothing true about Real; the only proposal that came to me was from Tottenham," Paulinho told reporters.

"I've talked to them but I'll look at it after the Confederations Cup."

The Brazilian club are resigned to losing their prized asset and are ready to put into action plans for life without him.

"Besides the signings we also suffered harassment from the world's top clubs for some of our key players," said president Mario Gobbi Filho in a statement.

"We make every effort to keep them but we have to evaluate the good proposals and understand the goals and aspirations of life of each of our athletes.

"With the imminent departure of Paulinho we trust in football other players that are being prepared for some time, as William and Edenilson, or even the newly hired Ibson."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/06/27/4077512/

I don't know if he's good looking enough to be in our squad. The likes of Jan and Dembele have set a very high standard.
article-2349795-1A86CFDA000005DC-695_634x497.jpg

Back