• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Hmmm another "oh by the way in case you all didn't know his release clause is 20 million euros...not that his agent has asked me to randomly drop this in *cough* *cough* " soundbite from Corinthians...

SkySports now reporting the quotes too and quotes from one of Corinthians' directors.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-to-hold-talks-with-Tottenham-target-Paulinho

Transfer News: Corinthians wait to hold talks with Tottenham target Paulinho

Corinthians are waiting to hold talks with Paulinho after the midfielder claimed it would be a 'fantastic opportunity' to play for Tottenham Hotspur.

Paulinho is currently on Confederations Cup duty with Brazil and claimed last week that Premier League side Spurs had made an offer.

Reports suggest that Spurs have matched the 24-year-old's €20million (£17m) buy-out clause and Corinthians director Duilio Monteiro Alves wants to discuss the situation with Paulinho after the Confederations Cup.

"The buy-out fee is 20million Euros and Corinthians can't do anything," Alves told UOL. "We'll talk with him.

"Paulinho already knows about the offer, we told him.

"He asked to wait until he returns from the national team. When he comes, the final decision will be made."

Paulinho had also been linked with Serie A duo Inter Milan and Roma, but has confirmed he cannot reject the chance to move to White Hart Lane.

"I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream," said Paulinho.

"It's a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style.

"I couldn't turn them down if they made me an offer. It would be a fantastic opportunity to play for Tottenham."

Spurs have yet to comment on the reported deal and, at the weekend, manager Andre Villas-Boas cooled rumours of a move for Paulinho's Brazilian team-mate Bernard.

sign Bernard...memories of 1978 Villa-Ardiles....

hang on a minute...is Bernard anygood?..lol..
well I only asked...lol

your all too young to pick up on that line!...................................

sign Bernard...memories of 1978 Villa-Ardiles....

hang on a minute...is Bernard anygood?..lol..
well I only asked...lol

your all too young to pick up on that line!...................................

assou-ekotto.jpg

Benny...is that you?

I had a dream last night that Paulinho was a Spurs player and scored for us.

I am not sure how to interpret this. Last time I dreamt about a transfer target it was YKW, all those years ago.

Oi, oi, saveloy: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1484244/paulinho-spurs-move-suit-me?cc=5739

"Brazil midfielder Paulinho has given the strongest indication yet that he is set to join Tottenham from Corinthians this summer.
Paulinho has previously revealed he is considering an offer from Spurs, but prefers to wait until after his national team duties at the Confederations Cup are complete before making a decision on his future.

Now, the 24-year-old has praised the club and the philosophy of manager Andre Villas-Boas.

"Tottenham have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England, who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style.

"I couldn’t turn them down if they made me an offer. It would be a fantastic opportunity," he is quoted as saying in the English press.

Reports have also linked Chelsea with a late move for Paulinho, however it seems he would prefer a move to White Hart Lane.

---------

Hang on...actually this seems like re-hash after his quotes saying he'd only think about it after the Confederations cup! How f-ing cheeky of the media, clearly looking to get a rise from the player, or the club.

Bastards!:twisted:

I'm not starting to believe journalists who don't include quotes and who weight the story by including the word 'could'.

It's a akin to me saying that Manchester United could make the surprise signing of Mumorn.... Because I included the word 'could', I can just say anything that I like and not worry if it holds truth in reality.

Of course, this journalist could be speaking the truth but...I won't believe it until I see Paulinho wearing a Real Madrid shirt.

fudge sake. If true he will go there. Maybe some bale mind games, wouldn't put it past them.

What this article may do, dependant upon how publicised it is, is to destabilise Paulinho's interest in joining us. If he suddenly thinks that Real Madrid are after him, he could choose to hold out and to disregard our bid. At this stage, its hard to know what will really happen so just keep those fingers crossed and let's hope for the best!!

fudge sake. If true he will go there. Maybe some bale mind games, wouldn't put it past them.

I havent taken much notice of this forum and im totally unsure how good Paulinho is BUT it strikes me, like you say, as mind games by Real. Let them take Paulinho - doesnt bother me.

Would annoy me if they did take Paulinho but there are other targets about and at least, through identifying a player like Paulinho, we know that the club means real transfer business this summer! And I'd be happier retaining Bale than any signing we'd make if we lost Bale; bar a 'top 5 in the World player'.

Real will have already spoken to Ancelotti about targets. I'm sure if this story was true, that they'd have acted quickly and checked with Corinthians what the status of negotiations with Spurs were. Therefore Corinthians & Paulinho will know early doors if Real are interested.

At this stage there doesn't seem to be much in this (at least not in the Brazilian or Spanish press). It will be interesting to see if this is Real or journos stirring or the real deal.

What I can't quite see is where Paulinho would fit in at Real who have a lot of midfielders, also the reality is that no Real manager has had much say in transfer targets. Its the president that decides.

Don't know if it's been said on here yet but 'those quotes' from the other day are ONLY coming from the English press and not the Brazilians, little worried about that. Jason Burt had little conversation with someone on twitter about this, said there legit.

https://twitter.com/JBurtTelegraph/status/349652455212068865

We still have the remember that if Paulinho signs or not, we're still in the EL and an emerging team, there will always be strong competition for our players although not all negative when you look at some of our recent signings (Verts, Lloris, Dembele and Holtby)

Edit: There also some encouragement that I nearly forgot about, found some Brazilian story posted on SC yesterday, it didn't have the quotes but did say that Corinthians know he's off to us with decision in our hands as to when he leaves, they hope persuade us to let him play just two more games for them. Found the link but doesn't work

Last edited:
so who could be possible alternatives just in case this deal goes t!ts up?

Back