• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

That's not really options, that's two clear first choice players and 3 options for the last position. One injury to Dembele or Sandro and we'll see a pretty massive drop in quality, quite possibly we'd see the same with an injury to Holtby.

I'd still fancy a second string trio of Holtby, Siggy and Carroll against pretty much anyone outside the top 7.

Those CMs will have to do a lot of running, so having 6 players to cover 3 spots is necessary to avoid tiredness. If one or two are injured we're almost down to the "bare bones" again.

I'd still fancy a second string trio of Holtby, Siggy and Carroll against pretty much anyone outside the top 7.

Perhaps, if need be, that trio could do well. I wouldn't be excited about seeing that and I hope that if and when Holtby/Carroll are included in a starting line-up in central midfield it's alongside someone more established and experienced.

I think Siggy goes if Paulinho comes.

I don't think he will. I think Sigurdsson is a different player. He's not a box-to-box player like Paulinho. He is really a 'hole' player, an attacking midfielder. Sig is at his best in a pocket of space just outside the penalty area. I think he's a good option to bring on when we need an extra goal/attacking threat or something different like against Chelsea (A). He will hopefully start his fair amount of games and he is versatile too as he has done a job on both flanks as well as in central midfield.

I think Holtby will be the deep-lying play-maker eventually as that's where Shalke used him lately. I think his cameos last season didn't really reflect the Holtby everyone seemed to talk about in Germany. I think it was partly just his enthusiasm to impress that made him run about like a lunatic. I think a couple of games where he did play in the deeper role showed he can be a very calming influence on a game.

Sandro is just a beast/destroyer and Dembele is a box-to-box player with great dribbling ability. Paulinho will also provide this plus he appears to have a goal-threat.

When you consider we have 38 hard Premiership matches, two domestic cups and the Europa League to compete in, and then you consider that Sandro/Dembele both have their injury problems (I think this is a lot down to the physical nature of both of their games) and if we are planning to switch to 4-3-3, we ideally need 6 midfielders. If we bring in Paulinho, that will be 3 strong, physical players with good engines, with one sitter (Sandro) and two runners (Dembele/Paulinho). Paulinho will probably be the more advanced of the 3. We then have good options to switch it up/down or change things around in Sig (goals, movement), Holtby (passing/energy/creativity) and Carroll (passing/creativity).

He's not signing, is he. This whole thing stinks.

It doesn't really. He stated he wouldn't move until after the Copa Libertadores, and the date has not yet passed.

Pretty confident that this is done, and we're just waiting.

Edit: He actually said the Confederations cup, so we will find out sooner.

Last edited:

With spurs, you just know there will be a hiccup. Like we'll make a typo on his contract and the deal will be null and void come deadline day. Then our clubs wireless internet will break and our fax machine will be malfunctioning as we try to rectify the deal.

With spurs, you just know there will be a hiccup. Like we'll make a typo on his contract and the deal will be null and void come deadline day. Then our clubs wireless internet will break and our fax machine will be malfunctioning as we try to rectify the deal.

:lol:

To be fair we've quite well recently, especially with the signings of Holtby, Lloris, Verts and Demebele so the doom and gloom is a bit exaggerated, it's been annoying that in the past few windows we have fallen one player short every window but it really could be worse, anyone remember when Everton didn't sign a player (excluding frees and loans) for 18 months?

Nope. Not for us, anyway.

Someone will surely offer (a) more money or (b) more money + CL football or (c) more money + CL football + warmer climate.
Or (d) brickloads of money. Which trumps a, b and c.

Another player who will think about coming to us......otherwords,everyone knows he's available now and the price etc.....expect a £17 million bid from any top four side now plus the top half dozen sides in europe.

Won't hold my breath.Typical spurs transfer that goes on for weeks and weeks.....

Jesus how bloody pessimistic are you lot!!

fudge knows whether he'll actually sign or not. If he does, brilliant - sounds like a great player. If he doesn't, well that's a shame but we'll move on. It's a bloody transfer and people carry on like their life depends on it!

Anyone who thinks Spurs fans are deluded and have too high an opinion of their club should be directed to this thread. :lol:

fudge me, has somebody died? Its a bloody transfer for gods sake, one that has a relatively good chance of going through seeing as we've agreed all the relevant terms. Now we have a week or so to see if someone gazumps us. No point stressing about it.

Back