• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

What I meant by 'bigger' was thus;
Players have a bigger chance of winning trophies with us. Players have a bigger chance of growing with us. Players will be playing in the biggest league in the world - with us. Sure, Inter have won more trophies, and won the CL a few years ago, but... are they a bigger draw to players? Do they have more money than us? I doubt it.

What I meant by 'bigger' was thus;
Players have a bigger chance of winning trophies with us. Players have a bigger chance of growing with us. Players will be playing in the biggest league in the world - with us. Sure, Inter have won more trophies, and won the CL a few years ago, but... are they a bigger draw to players? Do they have more money than us? I doubt it.

I don't think players have a bigger chance of winning a trophy with us at all. Inter won a league title 3 seasons ago, a CL 3 seasons ago and a Coppa Italia 2 seasons ago.

They've done worse than us for the past couple of seasons but they're still a bigger name worldwide.

Whether they have more money or not will depend on how Moratti feels.

And they're still in the top 10 clubs in the world revenue wise.

Still dont think we need to spend 15m on a box to box midfielder when we dont have the money for a top striker and still have no real creative attacking midfield player.

If we're going to go 4-3-3, I think we need at least one more midfielder.

Moutinho. He said it wasnt done even when every other journo was celebrating it on transfer deadline day.

Yeah he called that one I think this story about Paulinho is a cheap shot though it comes from his sulia account where he gets paid per hit on the article and if u actually read the article it says Paulinho is on Chelsea's radar but only if they can't get a defensive midfielder of which they have 4-5 targets - if they don't get anyone they'd consider a more forward thinking midfielder alongside Lampard. So to summarise if Chelsea lose out on their first 5 targets they might consider him by which time I'd hope any deal to be sealed given the Confed finishes a week today!

Anyway, the reasons he turned down Inter are irrelevant. The reasons for moving to Spurs or Inter and the circumstances for considering those moves are completely different.

We already have 3 good options for 433

dembele sandro holtby
dembele sandro carroll
dembele sandro siggy

None of those players will regularly score goals from midfield except perhaps Siggy (there's no guarantee Paulinho will either but that is apparently a strength of his).

And once one of Dembele or Sandro is gone (or GHod forbid both), the options start to look quite poor imo.

Oh come on we don't suddenly have enough money that we can afford 2 new strikers, a creative midfielder and a 15m box to box player in one summer.

I don't think we'll buy 2 new strikers tbh. I think AVB will deem it too much of a risk going into the new season having sold both Defoe and Adebayor, especially if both of their replacements happened to be non PL purchases.

Anyway, the reasons he turned down Inter are irrelevant. The reasons for moving to Spurs or Inter and the circumstances for considering those moves are completely different.

According to something I read earlier, he almost quit football early in his career after having to suffer racist abuse playing in Poland. Might explain why he doesn't fancy Italy...

None of those players will regularly score goals from midfield except perhaps Siggy (there's no guarantee Paulinho will either but that is apparently a strength of his).

And once one of Dembele or Sandro is gone (or GHod forbid both), the options start to look quite poor imo.

Siggy has been scoring goals his whole career. I don't see why he wouldn't if you played him in central midfield where he'd get space to allow him to show off his vision, passing ability and long range shooting ability (as well as his ability to get in the box and get on the end of balls).

Siggy has been scoring goals his whole career. I don't see why he wouldn't if you played him in central midfield where he'd get space to allow him to show off his vision, passing ability and long range shooting ability (as well as his ability to get in the box and get on the end of balls).

Hence the 'except perhaps Siggy' ;)

According to something I read earlier, he almost quit football early in his career after having to suffer racist abuse playing in Poland. Might explain why he doesn't fancy Italy...

Yep, that's the kind of thing I was alluding to. Perhaps he loves London. Perhaps he didn't feel ready to move back to Europe last season. Perhaps he knows Italy's less than stellar reputation with racism etc etc.

I think it might be time to move on from the creative midfielder.

Looks like it will be a 4-3-3.

CMs: Holtby, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Carroll, Sig

Attackers: Bale, Ade, Lennon, New ST (Villa), New WF/ST (Bernard/Damiao), Dempsey.

Sell: Parker, Hudd, Defoe, Livermore

Then we have these youngsters to either sell, loan out or promote to our first team: Kane, Townsend, Mason, Pritchard, Obika, Luongo, Ceballos, Falque

Attackers: Bale, Ade, Lennon, New ST (Villa), New WF/ST (Bernard/Damiao), Dempsey.

Then we have these youngsters to either sell, loan out or promote to our first team: Kane, Townsend, Mason, Pritchard, Obika, Luongo, Ceballos, Falque

Hmm, if we're gonna go with 3 in the centre, I'd be quite uncomfortable going with 6 players in 3 positions, especially if one of them is Carroll.

We already have 3 good options for 433

dembele sandro holtby
dembele sandro carroll
dembele sandro siggy

That's not really options, that's two clear first choice players and 3 options for the last position. One injury to Dembele or Sandro and we'll see a pretty massive drop in quality, quite possibly we'd see the same with an injury to Holtby.

Being a "one man team" is one thing, but being a team that can't stand an injury to any one of 5-6 first choice players without a major drop in quality is really bad.

Hmm, if we're gonna go with 3 in the centre, I'd be quite uncomfortable going with 6 players in 3 positions, especially if one of them is Carroll.

6 will be fine, including Carroll. We'll always have the option of going 4-2-3-1 in an emergency. As long as we have real options and many combinations of the players that can form good partnerships we'll be quite safe with 6 central midfielders for the 3 positions.

That's my thinking too. Looks very promising.

Well we've only got 8 senior defenders - two for each position.

We've always been told that AVB follows Mourinho in his preference for a trim squad of versatile players - basically 2 for each position.

Back