• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

I wouldn't get any hopes up. Player and agent both leaking our bid is a blatant come-on to other clubs. Meanwhile, the goons in the press have probably only been saying he's our player so they can later delight in reporting we've failed to close the deal.

I wouldn't get any hopes up. Player and agent both leaking our bid is a blatant come-on to other clubs. Meanwhile, the goons in the press have probably only been saying he's our player so they can later delight in reporting we've failed to close the deal.

very possible

anyway, imo 17 mill on this guy is a massive risk

very possible

Like I say, considering it's not a position we properly need, it's a massive risk. The worst thing is, we NEED a striker and we probably won't try and spend any more than £10m on a striker ffs. :lol:

Has anyone found his website or a way for us to send him some Google Translated messages of support? I think he's a good player. You look at the Brazil team and the touch, passing, drive or all their players is something else - something we could certainly do with. Will be a blow when/ if he opts for another team.

very possible

As big a risk as the money we paid for Modric. Remember when Boro bought Juninho? Well that was a risk as well, and I could name you a loads and loads of players that could be argued to be a risk. There comes a time when you have to trust management whom you would like to believe have had this player scouted numerous times before coughing up the money.

Who would be the bigger risk Paulinho for us Jordan Henderson for Liverpool?

Personally I think right now we're a better team than Inter Milan (and I hope that's what AberYid meant by that) but we aren't bigger than them and it'll be a long fudging time until we are.

Better possibly, but bigger no way.

Personally I think right now we're a better team than Inter Milan (and I hope that's what AberYid meant by that) but we aren't bigger than them and it'll be a long fudging time until we are.

Apart from the last decade, when AC Milan and Juventus fudged themselves, Inter aren't really any bigger than us. They weren't particularly good through the 80s and 90s, despite Moratti's spending, and with the decline of Serie A as a whole I think we're just as big a draw now. Didn't even qualify for the EL next season.

Actually Corinthians leaked our bid first.

Apart from the last decade, when AC Milan and Juventus fudged themselves, Inter aren't really any bigger than us. They weren't particularly good through the 80s and 90s, despite Moratti's spending, and with the decline of Serie A as a whole I think we're just as big a draw now. Didn't even qualify for the EL next season.

We aren't a bigger club than Inter Milan.

Whilst the site was down today I went on SC and saw this from harispurs

My high school mate lives in Brazil now and he's a big fan of Corinthians.. He text me this morning and congrats me about Paulinho to Spurs.. When I ask him "Official?", he replied "Corinthians has not released an official note but consider as official. My source is good!".

When I consider their 18 league titles, 7 Coppa Italia, 3 European Cup/CL and 3 UEFA Cup trophies I will have to agree to disagree with you. The fact that we may be a better team, or as good a team right now does not make us a bigger club

Last edited:
If we pull this off, with those total plan-wrecking c unts down the street perhaps looking to hijack- it will be very very significant.

Wasn't Castles right about some deal not happening last summer when it was widely reported in the press to be very close? Or am I confused again?

Back