• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

FYI, the Israeli commentator for tonight's Brazil v Italy game just mentioned that Paulinho (out injured for the game) has signed for Spurs.

Won't celebrate until he's presented in a Spurs shirt, and I don't really know anything about the guy, but if we swap an ageing Parker for a highly rated Brazil international, it will be great business.

Still fear this is agent leaks to notify the richer clubs, though. Especially if it's true he wants to wait until the end of the confederations cup before he puts pen to paper.

Google "Paulinho":

José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior, commonly known as Paulinho, is a Brazilian footballer who currently plays as a midfielder for Tottenham Hotspur. He is well known for his extreme levels of mental toughness and also his aerial prowess.

Article from last summer.

Wenger weighs in with £9m Paulinho bid and Arsenal boss also wants Holtby

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 09:41, 17 July 2012 | UPDATED: 09:41, 17 July 2012

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is not finished in the transfer market after making a £9million offer for Corinthians star Paulinho and showing interest in Schalke's Lewis Holtby.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2174698/Arsene-Wenger-makes-9m-Paulinho-bid.html

Does this mean we're signing Higuain next year??

So he's confirmed the offer is there and will mull it over till confederations cup finishes. Lets hope no one else gazumps us.

A lot more viable twitter accounts saying the deal us done. Leon Mann has retweeted it as agreed. I am very positive now. Apparently half the fee to Corinthians and half to 3rd party owner.

To be specific although he plays for Corinthians, he is co-owned by them and his previous club Bragantino, who also own 50% of his economic interest. Any fee will be split 50-50 bertween the two clubs

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles 57s
Tottenham still face competition to secure Brazil midfielder Paulinho. #THFC

If he has turned down Inter then i can't see him signing for us. He will end up at a bigger club.

Even though we're bigger than Inter? (as it stands)

Can see where you're coming from but as a whole Inter are a massive club, even though they've been struggling since the treble I would still call them an elite club alongside Utd, Real, Barca, Milan, Bayern and Juve despite them not exactly having an elite team.

Back