• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

Surely we all want EL next season, right? Another route into CL qualification and the chance of a major European trophy.

I have a feeling that this particular discussion has been chewed over many many times on this forum and views are pretty split.
Might be worth a thread of its own.

It's a good question and I'm thinking the same as you. What I will say is that, if we are in the same boat next February - looking out of the top 4 race but into the last 16 of the Europa League - I think it will be of great interest, with that CL spot available. I reckon players themselves like the competition as opposed to no European football at all, and although we have struggled in positions at times, it also allows plenty of first team football to go round to keep the troops happy. I accept that we qualified for the CL when we had no European football and were put out of both domestic cups early on, and that Liverpool have probably won the league this year without that distraction. But I do suspect us or Manchester United will have greater problems if we aren't in it next year.

Surely we all want EL next season, right? Another route into CL qualification and the chance of a major European trophy.

Ah but without the distraction of European football we can focus on winning the Premier League next season... just like Liverpool... :-k

Good be interesting race to see who reaches 100 goals first, and who ends up with most goals. Liverpool should reach the 100 first as Liverpool dont play their game in hand until May 7th, but could be a close run thing for most goals.
Currently Pool 96 City 90

Emirates Marketing Project' defending is as shambolic as our! Really should be 2-2 if that other goal wasn't harshly chalked off.

Lucky they have Aguero playing today, how different things might've been at the top of the Premier League this season if he'd been able to play as many minutes as Suarez...

Aguero: 1,280 minutes played, 16 goals + 7 assists = 56 mins per goal contribution
Suarez: 2,693 minutes played, 30 goals + 13 assists = 62 mins per goal contribution
Sturridge: 2,072 minutes played, 20 goals + 7 assists = 77 mins per goal contribution
Dzeko: 1,568 minutes played, 11 goals + 4 assists = 105 mins per goal contribution
Negredo: 1,719 minutes played, 9 goals + 3 assists = 143 mins per goal contribution

boring second half, City have played this half like we did this season under AVB. They're a completely different team with a fully fit Aguero up top.

boring second half, City have played this half like we did this season under AVB. They're a completely different team with a fully fit Aguero up top.

Agreed.

Following a good start, Negredo hasn't scored in his past 12 league games whilst Dzeko has always been a streaky goal scorer.

Aguero is right up there with Suarez, real shame that he's missed almost half the season due to injuries.

Back