• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

Was going to say, especially after the Liverpool game today, how nice it is to have some form English players going into a World cup, but Rooney, like you've said has flattered to deceive

Rooney will still start most of England's world cup games though.

Rooney will still start most of England's world cup games though.

That's the problem. It'd be nice if Rooney hit a bit of form, he was for the last few months. Though, still good that we have the likes of Sterling, Baines, Lallana, Sturridge etc on a bit of form. Albeit lack of experience

Agree with carragher in regards to Man Utd not having a plan, sadly he could have been describing us and if have agreed.

5th looks beyond us now, as no matter what Everton do v City and Soton, they will win at Hull the weekend before the Cup final.
6th and another season of European football is in our hands now. 7pts from the last 3 matches will guarantee 6th, although personally I think 5pts will be enough. Looks like something may be riding on the last game.

Interestingly if we do secure 6th, the outcome of the Cup final will more than likely determine when our season starts. I'm assuming Arsnal finish 4th, if they do and win the Cup we start in the EL 4th quals, but IIRC if Hull win the FA Cup with Arsnal 4th,Everton 5th and us 6th our season starts with the EL 3rd Qual Rounds on 31st July and 7th Aug

Sorry, I'm still confused!
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

"There are three places in the UEFA Europa League available: the FA Cup winners will enter at the Group Stage; the fifth place team in the Barclays Premier League will enter at the Play-Off stage; and the Football League Cup winners will enter at the Q3 stage.

In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

English winners of the UEFA Europa League will enter at the Group Stage, gaining an extra domestic place only if they fail to qualify through other means for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League. If the holders of the UEFA Europa League have already qualified for Europe, no extra domestic place will be gained.

Should the FA Cup winners, runners-up (if applicable) and the Football League Cup winners already have qualified for Europe, their place goes to the next best placed clubs in the Premier League."

It doesn't specify "FA Cup winners already qualified for Europa", only CL.
But I think the second line I quote would only apply to, say, a Liverpool v Chelsea final with both clubs already guaranteed European football.

So the way I see it, City winning the League Cup means 6th is now Europa. But Arsenal are guaranteed a top 6 finish so Hull are guaranteed Europa. Only difference is that if they win the FA Cup they don't have to play as many qualifying games.

Whoever finishes 5th and 6th and Hull are the Europa League qualifiers?

Oh, and there is this kicker:

"Fair Play winners enter at the Qualifying round 1 stage."

Where are we at with this??

EDIT: Paxtonwolf, I was typing that as you posted your explanation!

No problem. I dont think the FairPlay will come into it, although we are quite high up it ourselves I dont think England are in the running to get one of the 3 extra places. IIRC, Norway,Sweden and Finland look like being the 3 countries who will get the extra EL place.

Jaysea is the one with his finger firmly on the pulse with all the EL info, but I think that's about how it stands now

Basically.

Hull, Everton and ourselves are very likely to be playing Europa League football next season.

Basically.

Hull, Everton and ourselves are very likely to be playing Europa League football next season.

It looks like Liverpool, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal and Hull are all guaranteed some type of European football or the other. Two spots left and it will be out of Spurs, Everton and Man U.

In theory I think it is mathematically possible for any of the current top 5 to win the title, and any of the current top 4 (including Liverpool) to finish outside the CL spots.

EDIT And what happens if Cheatski fluke another CL??????

Last edited:
For those who dont want EL football next season, dont panic yet. United now have 3 home games on the bounce (Norwich,Sunderland and Hull) against our 2 aways at Stoke and West Ham. We will get bullied off the park next weekend and our record v WH as we all know is appalling this season.
6th is in our hands but by no means a gimme. Soton v United last match of the season, but it may be irrelevent, who can tell in this crazy season of results

For those who dont want EL football next season, dont panic yet. United now have 3 home games on the bounce (Norwich,Sunderland and Hull) against our 2 aways at Stoke and West Ham. We will get bullied off the park next weekend and our record v WH as we all know is appalling this season.
6th is in our hands but by no means a gimme. Soton v United last match of the season, but it may be irrelevent, who can tell in this crazy season of results

Only 43% of United's points have come at home so far this season. Together with Sunderland they are they only team under 50%.

paper+straws.jpg

It looks like Liverpool, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal and Hull are all guaranteed some type of European football or the other. Two spots left and it will be out of Spurs, Everton and Man U.

In theory I think it is mathematically possible for any of the current top 5 to win the title, and any of the current top 4 (including Liverpool) to finish outside the CL spots.

IIRC, providing they dont finish 5th it wont matter as we dont get an extra spot if they win it and finish in the Top 4. If they did finish 5th and won the CL then its EL for 4th place, as happened to us

Only 43% of United's points have come at home so far this season. Together with Sunderland they are they only team under 50%.

paper+straws.jpg

Its more like close your eyes and go eeny-meeny-miney-mo predicting results right now. I have never seen so many shock results in the last few weeks.
Of all the teams to end Mourinhos home record, having seen them at WHL there is no way you would have thought Sunderland could take 4pts (nearly 6) off City and Chelsea within 4 days
I am convinced there is one more twist to come in this title race.

Whereas the relegation battle, just forget it, I have no f'#ckin idea anymore who is going down. I remember saying months ago we could send Villa down on the last day. A month ago that looked a no-go,but looking at some of the remaining fixtures even that is not beyond the realms of possibility once again

It does look likely that Hull will be in the Europa League but it isn't 100% guaranteed. If Arsenal win the cup but don't qualify for CL, then Hull do not get a EL place.

Mathematically, only the top 3 can win the title. Liverpool are guaranteed to finish at least 3rd. In a highly unlikely scenario it is still mathematically possible for Southampton to qualify for EL.

It does look likely that Hull will be in the Europa League but it isn't 100% guaranteed. If Arsenal win the cup but don't qualify for CL, then Hull do not get a EL place.

Mathematically, only the top 3 can win the title. Liverpool are guaranteed to finish at least 3rd. In a highly unlikely scenario it is still mathematically possible for Southampton to qualify for EL.

How is the FairPlay going? Are the 3 scandanavians still in pole position for the extra spots?

Surely we all want EL next season, right? Another route into CL qualification and the chance of a major European trophy.

Back