• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

Long joined Hull in January for half of that fee and scored 4 goals in 15 appearances. That's some serious inflation.

Yeah but he deserved it..immediate returns on investment, can get even better once fully bedded in. I'm sure he chipped in with some assists and key passes too. Tidy little fella.

Good deal for Soton.

Agreed. Fast, strong, hard-working and PL-proven: a perfect backup for Pelle should the Italian fail to fire in the league. Not the most technically skilled or intelligent (football-wise), but a decent player who can be relied upon for at least a 1 in 3 goalscoring rate, and a good safety option for S'oton. Plus, they can always sell him next year for a fair bit, when they've hopefully avoided relegation and want to build their squad: players like Long don't depreciate quickly.

After refusing to train, Marcos Rojo and team mate Islam Slimani have been sanctioned by their club.

Sporting Lisbon’s president, Bruno de Carvalho said:

“They will not play next weekend. This will take as long as it takes. If something doesn’t change, you’re going to end up with the players seeing out their contracts.

“They can watch the game on television. On Saturday, against Academica, we will play to win and we will win. There is no player bigger than the club. I would not give up the honour, the club’s history, for the attitudes of anyone.

“I give a piece of advice: don’t use the press, be professional. These two, in defense of our magnificent group, must be removed. They are subject to strong disciplinary measures. Both players have taken decisions that have caused sharp indiscipline at Sporting.

“A message: any player who does not follow the rules of the club can have illusions and pretensions, but with the way these two did things, the situation is just complicated.”

marcos-rojo-tattoo_3004759c.jpg

Remember a few posters on here wanting us to sign him from Wolves - isn't he supposedly a Spurs fan as well?

Remember a few posters on here wanting us to sign him from Wolves - isn't he supposedly a Spurs fan as well?

I wanted him here last year. The emergence of Kane as an option has made me change my mind: If Kane wasn't here though, I'd still want Long around.

I love how Shane Long is considered Prem Proven. He's awful. What's his best in the top flight? 8 goals?

Long's one of those strikers who puts in a shift, harries defenders, gives a team much more than goals.

Completely agree. Worth about £7m as a useful third choice for most teams that play one up top. Would rather Kane's given a run though, hypothetically speaking.

Apparently CFC had talks with Khedira's agent today, I reckon they need another central midfielder, must be down to the last 200 now

I'd expect him to give his team more than goals, considering he doesn't give them goals very often. How very courteous of him.

Back