• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

This window has dried up a bit hasn't it.. Feels like all the big clubs are just tweaking a little bit and watching their accounts a bit more.

Soon they'll have to shift some deadwood. I think that's what a lot of the bottom half clubs are waiting for.

Sky Sports understands Sunderland are closing in on the signing of Emirates Marketing Project midfielder Jack Rodwell.

Chelsea have sent Romeu to Stuttgart for this season.

Intrigue continues to grow in Spain as pictures surfaced on Twitter of Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and the club’s director general Jose Angel Sanchez having dinner with the agent of Angel Di Maria and Radamel Falcao, Jorge Mendes.

The picture shows the three men at one of the restaurants at the Santiago Bernabeu and comes at a time when rumors of Falcao’s arrival and Di Maria’s departure are splattered all over the pages of Spanish newspapers.

Perez-600x514.jpg

Falcao has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid in recent weeks and the player tried to play coy when the press asked about him about a possible move to the Copa del Rey and ten-time European champions.

“Madrid? I’m not aware of anything,” he told reporters. “I can’t think of another club now. All I can is keep working for the Monaco coach at his convenience.”

On the other hand, speculation that Angel Di Maria is very close to joining Paris Saint-Germain. The only issue being whether or not Real Madrid will agree to the payment installations proposed by the French side.

The Ligue 1 champions want Di Maria to be sent on loan for this season with PSG paying the Spanish giants £8million. After the completion of the 2014-15 season, the Paris-based club would pay Real Madrid an additional £64million for the Argentina international.

The club is trying to handle the transfer this way because it is attempting to circumvent their Financial Fair Play punishment.

But Real Madrid is rejecting the suggestion because they are not certain it would have avoid the FFP penalty.

PSG were handed FFP restrictions in May because the club exceeded permissible losses of £37million over the course of the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.

Although Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has stated that he is happy with Karim Benzema and sees no need to add another number 9 to his squad, it appears Florentino Perez is trying to make one more blockbuster deal before the end of the summer transfer window.

Ancelotti also stated that he was happy with his goalkeeping choices, but the club just announced the signing of Keylor Navas from Levante. And although the manager has expressed his desire to see Di Maria stay in his squad, it is being reported that the player desires a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/08/04/real-madrid-officials-pictured-with-angel-di-maria-and-radamel-falcaos-agent-photo/

The Ligue 1 champions want Di Maria to be sent on loan for this season with PSG paying the Spanish giants £8million. After the completion of the 2014-15 season, the Paris-based club would pay Real Madrid an additional £64million for the Argentina international.

The club is trying to handle the transfer this way because it is attempting to circumvent their Financial Fair Play punishment.

£72m for Di Maria, £50m for Luiz, yes football has gone ****ing stark raving bonkners

Jamaal Lascelles & Karl Darlow join Saudi Sportswashing Machine from Forest, will be loaned back.

I wouldnt be surprised if there are agreements all over the shop between clu sto buy players from each other at over inflated prices to circumvent the FFP rules. Ill buy X off you this summer for £50m but next summer you buy Y player for £50m

I wouldnt be surprised if there are agreements all over the shop between clu sto buy players from each other at over inflated prices to circumvent the FFP rules. Ill buy X off you this summer for £50m but next summer you buy Y player for £50m

Yeah, sadly i don't think that's far from the truth

yeh totally agree, it seems to be only the FFP clubs that are buying at ridiculous prices

Theres worse things than that happening in football. Marcel Sabitzer is probably the brightest young prospect in Austria, played for Rapid Vienna. He had a clause in his contract allowing him to speak with clubs outside Austria should a certain fee be met. Rapid denied Salzburg permission to speak to him, lo and behold RB Leipzig come in with a bid, sign him up and send him out to Salzburg on loan.

It makes it even more obvious and worse when you consider Ralf Ragnik is the sporting director for both Leipzig and Salzburg.

I can't see Emirates Marketing Project's New York franchise having a similar effect any time soon, but the concept of feeder clubs has gone to a whole new level.

In Austria Salzburg are crushing everything in their path - so far 6-1 home to Rapid, 5-0 away to Wiener Neustadt, 2-0 away to SV Ried, whilst Salzburg reserves - FC Liefering - sit top of the Austrian second tier. Throw RB Leipzig into the mix and its not pretty viewing for the rest of Austria. Leipzig are also seeing the German second division as nothing more than something to wave at whilst passing through, although they get their season off to a dodgy start drawing 0-0 at home against relegation candidates Aahlen.

Last edited:
Theres worse things than that happening in football. Marcel Sabitzer is probably the brightest young prospect in Austria, played for Rapid Vienna. He had a clause in his contract allowing him to speak with clubs outside Austria should a certain fee be met. Rapid denied Salzburg permission to speak to him, lo and behold RB Leipzig come in with a bid, sign him up and send him out to Salzburg on loan.

It makes it even more obvious and worse when you consider Ralf Ragnik is the sporting director for both Leipzig and Salzburg.

I can't see Emirates Marketing Project's New York franchise having a similar effect any time soon, but the concept of feeder clubs has gone to a whole new level.

In Austria Salzburg are crushing everything in their path - so far 6-1 home to Rapid, 5-0 away to Wiener Neustadt, 2-0 away to SV Ried, whilst Salzburg reserves - FC Liefering - sit top of the Austrian second tier. Throw RB Leipzig into the mix and its not pretty viewing for the rest of Austria. Leipzig are also seeing the German second division as nothing more than something to wave at whilst passing through, although they get their season off to a dodgy start drawing 0-0 at home against relegation candidates Aahlen.

That's probably only a trick that Salzburg will be able to pull off for a short while, though. Henceforward, I would imagine that Austrian clubs dealing with Leipzig will insert clauses that bar them from loaning or selling players back to Salzburg for a number of years.

Alllllot of money. They rich?

£10m really isn't a lot these days. Not since the new TV deal. Not for a young, English player good enough for a 6th-10th level Premier League club - albeit that he has had injury problems.

They haven't spent any other money this summer. And they had minimal net spend last season.

Back