• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

Barkley? Martinez said they turned down 60 mill for him last summer from Utd

Let me get this right, so last summer, before Barkley had really kicked a ball for Everton, after coming back from a loan at championships Wednesday, moyes who thought he wasn't good enough to play in his Everton team just a couple of months earlier, puts in a 60m bid for him?!?!? I call bullsh1t on this one. It's like someone bidding 60m for Tom Carroll this summer!

I rate Barkley and he was in my dream team from week one last year as I thought he'd have a good season, but rewind 12 months and try and tell me Everton wouldn't have accepted that offer if it came in?

how old is Ade now?? what has he won, what has he achieved in his career.......i tell you what, plenty of inconsistency, not enough goals, controversy, but he has made a lot of money so good luck to him i guess. Plus Ade maybe the better more versatile player, but it means nothing to us when he will go missing for 6-8 weeks during a vital part of the season when the ACN comes round. Will he even catch the flight back in time? with Ade there is always a surprise around the corner.

Everton have signed one of the worlds top young strikers. Yes he can look clumsy at times, but on enough other occasions he is simply unplayable. His consistency will improve, he has shown he can handle and prosper in the PL, and under a manager like Martinez he is only going to get better. As Martinez said, this permanent signing of Lukaku is a real statement of intent. No-one really expected it did they

Quite the contrary. I fully expected it.

No reason why, with the money from the new TV deal, Everton couldn't afford Lukaku - especially after his less than impressive showing at the World Cup. Chelsea clearly didn't want to keep him and, equally clearly, don't see Everton as a threat - so they were perfectly happy to deal with them. And lastly, he seemed to get on pretty well there last season and there didn't appear to be any other top clubs after him. So why wouldn't he go there?

They were always overwhelming favourites to sign him as far as I was concerned.

And no, the Lukaku signing isn't really a statement of intent. It's a statement of the current reality. Namely that, since the new TV deal, Everton are able to spend that kind of money on a player. But it doesn't actually take them forward much, if at all - not in the context of the existing superiority of the other top clubs and all the money they have spent spent and the signings they have made. A statement of intent would be making four or five such signings. It would signal that Everton were ready and determined to make a serious push. As it is, they merely remain what they already were - one of three or four clubs battling for fourth but likely to finish just outside the CL places.

Let me get this right, so last summer, before Barkley had really kicked a ball for Everton, after coming back from a loan at championships Wednesday, moyes who thought he wasn't good enough to play in his Everton team just a couple of months earlier, puts in a 60m bid for him?!?!? I call bullsh1t on this one. It's like someone bidding 60m for Tom Carroll this summer!

I rate Barkley and he was in my dream team from week one last year as I thought he'd have a good season, but rewind 12 months and try and tell me Everton wouldn't have accepted that offer if it came in?
i dont smell any bullsh!t at all

Barkley has been talked about as the next big thing for a long while. moyes was simply being careful during his development.

Agreed.

Not a ****ing chance that any club would have bid £60m - or anything close to that - for Barkley last summer.

Nor this summer, for that matter.

i dont smell any bullsh!t at all

Barkley has been talked about as the next big thing for a long while. moyes was simply being careful during his development.

Cloud cuckoo land mate! Moyes had no idea what he'd got IMO and there was no bid from utd for him. Your telling me they turned down 60m for Barkley 12 months ago, but accepted 20+m for Fellaini? If there was a 60m bid on the table the whole world would know about it, utd themselves would be shouting about it, they got no end of stick for not splashing the cash enough last year! Come on man!

Quite the contrary. I fully expected it.

No reason why, with the money from the new TV deal, Everton couldn't afford Lukaku - especially after his less than impressive showing at the World Cup. Chelsea clearly didn't want to keep him and, equally clearly, don't see Everton as a threat - so they were perfectly happy to deal with them. And lastly, he seemed to get on pretty well there last season and there didn't appear to be any other top clubs after him. So why wouldn't he go there?

They were always overwhelming favourites to sign him as far as I was concerned.

And no, the Lukaku signing isn't really a statement of intent. It's a statement of the current reality. Namely that, since the new TV deal, Everton are able to spend that kind of money on a player. But it doesn't actually take them forward much, if at all - not in the context of the existing superiority of the other top clubs and all the money they have spent spent and the signings they have made. A statement of intent would be making four or five such signings. It would signal that Everton were ready and determined to make a serious push. As it is, they merely remain what they already were - one of three or four clubs battling for fourth but likely to finish just outside the CL places.
well thats quite an achievement for them.....for a few years we have been ahead of them in this respect but they have caught up as we have dropped back.

Cloud cuckoo land mate! Moyes had no idea what he'd got IMO and there was no bid from utd for him. Your telling me they turned down 60m for Barkley 12 months ago, but accepted 20+m for Fellaini? If there was a 60m bid on the table the whole world would know about it, utd themselves would be shouting about it, they got no end of stick for not splashing the cash enough last year! Come on man!

Yep.

£60 million............£60 ****ing million!

That's getting on for Bale or Suarez territory. Among the top ten biggest transfers of all time, anywhere in the world.......for a player with 15 Premier League appearances and no Premier League goals to his name.

Not a chance.

ok then, martinez is just a big bullsh!tter.

Felliani is sh!t.....they got 25 mill more than he is worth imo. Why would Utd shout about failing to sign Barkley, failing to sign Bale, failing to sign cavani etc what big club brags about missing out on deals:lol:

well thats quite an achievement for them.....for a few years we have been ahead of them in this respect but they have caught up as we have dropped back.

Not especially. They did it last year.

A "statement of intent" implies that Everton will achieve more than they have previously achieved. And / or it implies that this will be only one of a number of such signings.

And neither outcome seems likely to me.

Yep.

£60 million............£60 ****ing million!

That's getting on for Bale or Suarez territory. Among the top ten biggest transfers of all time, anywhere in the world.......for a player with 15 Premier League appearances and no Premier League goals to his name.

Not a chance.

anyway, what a fabulous player Everton have. a real joy to watch and he is english.

Not especially. They did it last year.

A "statement of intent" implies that Everton will achieve more than they have previously achieved. And / or it implies that this will be only one of a number of such signings.

And neither outcome seems likely to me.
and they want to do it again, and they are taking steps to do so. good luck to them, its good for the PL to have so many top sides being competitive at the top end

and they want to do it again, and they are taking steps to do so. good luck to them, its good for the PL to have so many top sides being competitive at the top end

Wanting to achieve what you've already achieved (especially when it is comparatively little) is not what I would describe as a "statement of intent".

Wanting to achieve what you've already achieved (especially when it is comparatively little) is not what I would describe as a "statement of intent".

not every club is the same...each has its own challenges. For Everton, to buy one of the top young strikers in the world for 28 mill is a big thing. Let them have their moment in the sunshine

not every club is the same...each has its own challenges. For Everton, to buy one of the top young strikers in the world for 28 mill is a big thing. Let them have their moment in the sunshine

Indeed. Good for Everton.

But as I said, not so much a statement of intent as a statement of the current financial reality since the new TV deal kicked in.

Simply put, if Everton had got an offer of £60m for barkley last summer from Utd he would've been wearing red not blue last season. There is no way that Everton would've turned it down.

ok then, martinez is just a big bullsh!tter.

Felliani is sh!t.....they got 25 mill more than he is worth imo. Why would Utd shout about failing to sign Barkley, failing to sign Bale, failing to sign cavani etc what big club brags about missing out on deals:lol:

Of course it's in utds interests to show intent, haven't you be going on about what a great statement of intent signing lukaku is for Everton?!! I can't believe you actually think a 60m bid from utd would be kept quiet, let alone the status of the player they are supposed to have bid!

Doubt Lukaku is anywhere near £28 million. More likely rising to £28m based on clauses like Everton winning the CL, life being found on Mars and not finding any dog **** on the pavements outside Goodison park. Suits both parties to over exaggerate the price. Everton look like they have a pot to **** in, and Chelsea can fudge the financial fair play rules.

Back