• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

I beat no ill will against Everton. Good for them.

Tying Barkley down is the best business they've done though imo.

Agree with the bolded bit but...Was there a massive lift when we secured Ade permanently? Are the Everton team going to perform to a new level because of this? Also its not uncommon for players to perform to a higher level when on loan, Ade isn't the only player in the history of football to of done that....

there is a whole lot of sh!t that accompanies Ade......and the fans suspected this so their wasnt much of a lift

Unlike you, who considers everything we do a massive failure?

Not on the slightest was over the moon last summer when we signed lamela even if was at expense of selling mr bale. Happily give credit out when things are going well to those who deserve it. I do however look at the fact we have the second highest ticket prices in world
Football and ask
Questions about the way the club is ran accordingly. If you wanna act like all is fine and dandy and everything levy does is wonderful, celebrate the signing of zeki fryers by saying hey man united you got 'leveyd' and
The likes then fair play to you I suppose I just expect a bit more from our board who bleed the fans dry at any given oppurtunity.

Exactly this. Some people just not willing to accept when others do far better business than us.

Quite a few posters have consistently been against us spending big money on Lukaku.

I rate him, but it was never likely to happen for us because Chelsea. As for comparing that deal to ours, I will at least wait until the window closes to make that call. So far I'm happy with our signings.

Not on the slightest was over the moon last summer when we signed lamela even if was at expense of selling mr bale. Happily give credit out when things are going well to those who deserve it. I do however look at the fact we have the second highest ticket prices in world
Football and ask
Questions about the way the club is ran accordingly. If you wanna act like all is fine and dandy and everything levy does is wonderful, celebrate the signing of zeki fryers by saying hey man united you got 'leveyd' and
The likes then fair play to you I suppose I just expect a bit more from our board who bleed the fans dry at any given oppurtunity.

If you want to bring money into this discussion why would you choose ticket prices over overall turnover or wage budget?

Was there actually any interest in Barkley? I can't see what top clubs would actually need/want him.

With Gerrard not having many years left maybe Liverpool, but for obvious reasons a non starter. Man U perhaps?

To be fair I could see him getting a lot of games at any of the top sides, and with him being homegrown makes him even more attractive. Flip side being the price...

Seems a high price for someone who can't control a ball. I'm not that bothered Lukaku's gone there - I think you can spend that money in better ways

Quite a few posters have consistently been against us spending big money on Lukaku.

I rate him, but it was never likely to happen for us because Chelsea. As for comparing that deal to ours, I will at least wait until the window closes to make that call. So far I'm happy with our signings.

signing isnt it?

and for most of the time since the 5 mill transfer he has performed/behaved like a tw@t....i love this club too

No, you're right. But we bought him after he absolutely bossed it on loan. 17 league goals and 12 assists in one of the best Spurs teams in history. And we purchased him on the back of that for five million.

How he's performed since then is irrelevant. He's been typical Ade in the fact he'll be a world beater for a month or two than largely quiet but I'll have my satisfaction knowing on his day he's every bit as good as some of the best strikers in the world, and we got that for 5 freaking million.

With Gerrard not having many years left maybe Liverpool, but for obvious reasons a non starter. Man U perhaps?

To be fair I could see him getting a lot of games at any of the top sides, and with him being homegrown makes him even more attractive. Flip side being the price...

Whilst I agree with you in the regards to his talent, he's superb, I'm a big fan and know he could cut It at the top clubs, there was NO interest reported.

Chelsea have better players, Man Utd went and got Herrera who's better, Liverpool wouldn't even bother.. I could see Arsenal bidding but they haven't bothered. So really, tying him down hasn't been that much of an accomplishment, it's increased his price when they do offload in a year or two though.

No, you're right. But we bought him after he absolutely bossed it on loan. 17 league goals and 12 assists in one of the best Spurs teams in history. And we purchased him on the back of that for five million.

How he's performed since then is irrelevant. He's been typical Ade in the fact he'll be a world beater for a month or two than largely quiet but I'll have my satisfaction knowing on his day he's every bit as good as some of the best strikers in the world, and we got that for 5 freaking million.

yeah thank GHod it was 5 mill, one of Levy's good deals......also he got Emirates Marketing Project to pay half his wages:)

Whilst I agree with you in the regards to his talent, he's superb, I'm a big fan and know he could cut It at the top clubs, there was NO interest reported.

Chelsea have better players, Man Utd went and got Herrera who's better, Liverpool wouldn't even bother.. I could see Arsenal bidding but they haven't bothered. So really, tying him down hasn't been that much of an accomplishment, it's increased his price when they do offload in a year or two though.

I remember reading him being linked to City not long ago, but I agree doesn't seem like anyone was seriously in for him...

Back