• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Wasn't Suarez's big reason for leaving Liverpool that he needed to escape from the British media? Can't see how moving to London is going to help with that.

I was joking with a Liverpool supporting friend of mine saying "what excuse will Suarez use when he angles for a move to Emirates Marketing Project later this summer" when his whole "oh noes, the British press, the humanity, must leave Liverpool" story was flying around. Funny thing was that my friend had had the exact same thought when reading those stories.

Arsenal though... That's a whole new level of needing to be creative with the excuses and economical with the truth if he wants to leave even the most deluded Liverpool fans believing that it wasn't his, or their, fault.

I was joking with a Liverpool supporting friend of mine saying "what excuse will Suarez use when he angles for a move to Emirates Marketing Project later this summer" when his whole "oh noes, the British press, the humanity, must leave Liverpool" story was flying around. Funny thing was that my friend had had the exact same thought when reading those stories.

Arsenal though... That's a whole new level of needing to be creative with the excuses and economical with the truth if he wants to leave even the most deluded Liverpool fans believing that it wasn't his, or their, fault.

They'll think it was all a big conspiracy and Suarez was given poor advice.

Edit: Had a look at RAWK and it appears they're not allowed to talk about Suarez at the moment. Either that or they're all living in a complete media blackout.

There is no way that Arsenal will pay the £40m+ that it would take to sign Suarez.

so Higuain rumoured to be paraded at Arse on Friday......what a player they are getting, and for 23 mill. Bargain. Jammy fcukers

[video=youtube;CMQq9SswhVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CMQq9SswhVw[/video]

I don't see how that makes him a 4-4-2 man, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens at City.

I can't see how it's a good assumption that he's planning to play (primarily) 4-4-2 there, but not saying it can't happen of course.

no what i was trying to say was that he prefers 2 strikers/forwards, obviously 4 defenders, so that leaves 4 in midfield who during a match can be arranged in various ways. Its not a rigid 442 in the English sense I guess. Thats where Pellegrini's flexibility is required. Plus as he says he likes his teams to play with width, whether that width comes from the midfielders, strikers, or full backs it doesnt matter. The signing of Navas is important to his plans as he will provide a lot of width on the right.

of course theres takes a grade A dump on ours :lol:

yeah, every top side has a "Navas" in there team and Emirates Marketing Project just didn't have one. Look at them away at us for example, everything was so narrow for them. If they were to put a Navas winger on in the second half, it'd been a lot different and it would have offered them something different.

theirs.

their.

puh-leaaze!

there there, i feel better now that they're going to use their correctly.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine in for Kone......disappointing for Everton, Martinez must have thought Kone was there man

by Hugh Southon4th July 2013 12:32pm BST
Exclusive

West Ham United are attempting to join the big time year by year as they ensure at least one marquee signing every season.

The club is making bigger and bigger transfer market investments every season and will step up their efforts for more big names as they prepare for life in their new Olympic Stadium home.

As the Hammers continue to be linked with a series of big names co-chairman David Gold, speaking exclusively to SportsDirect News, said: "We are slowly building a top team of top names and there is a strategic policy in place for that to continue.

"Kevin Nolan arrived as the first marquee signing in 2011, followed by Matt Jarvis last season for what was a record club transfer fee at £10 million plus.

"We smashed that by several millions this season when we brought Andy Carroll to the club and it's now known we have also been trying to make the Wilfried Bony move happen."

Alongside all of this the Hammers have brought "home" Joe Cole and are this summer looking at possibly taking a high profile Premiership striker on loan if the move for Bony finally fails.

They want either Demba Ba or Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea on a year's loan.

Said Gold: "The club has debt, everybody realises that but as owners we are determined to build a great team at this club and end the "selling club" image we have suffered for too long.

Nolan, Jarvis and Carroll described as marquee signings:lol:

Exclusive

West Ham United are attempting to join the big time year by year as they ensure at least one marquee signing every season.

The club is making bigger and bigger transfer market investments every season and will step up their efforts for more big names as they prepare for life in their new Olympic Stadium home.

As the Hammers continue to be linked with a series of big names co-chairman David Gold, speaking exclusively to SportsDirect News, said: "We are slowly building a top team of top names and there is a strategic policy in place for that to continue.

"Kevin Nolan arrived as the first marquee signing in 2011, followed by Matt Jarvis last season for what was a record club transfer fee at £10 million plus.

"We smashed that by several millions this season when we brought Andy Carroll to the club and it's now known we have also been trying to make the Wilfried Bony move happen."

Alongside all of this the Hammers have brought "home" Joe Cole and are this summer looking at possibly taking a high profile Premiership striker on loan if the move for Bony finally fails.

Said Gold: "The club has debt, everybody realises that but as owners we are determined to build a great team at this club and end the "selling club" image we have suffered for too long.

I don't know where to start with that article.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 3m
Sky sources: Nicholas Anelka having medical at West Brom

Exclusive

Comedy gold, ain't it?

fudging hell, many people don't like Levy for his supposed last-minute love in,but thank Christ we aren't run as a tabloid shambles like West Ham. Chairmen giving quotes like that...:ross:

(Maybe Levy learnt that via Rivaldo's letter?)

Back