• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

So Pelegrini is going to deploy Yaya as a pure DM? I mean he can obviously play that role but no way is that his ideal role.

City still need another central midfielder imo because Barry will probably be sold and Garcia simply isn't good enough.

can you make sense of how City are building their team?

seems strange, Navas as a pure wide player, Silva more effective in the advanced central midfield role. Yaya B2B (?) Fernandhino - im not really sure what his role is, apparently Paulhino keeps him out the national team so somewhat similar id presume? there doesn't seem to be much of an obvious direction they are heading in and look like they could require another two players in order to form a balanced midfield (assuming Barry leaves as suggested)

€24m for Negredo is worse than €30m for Fernandinho. I didnt expect us to sign a top name striker this summer - even after Tevez went - but spending top striker money on a squad player is awful work.

I can only think Sorriano and Begiristain are trying to kickstart Spain's economy on their own.

€24m for Negredo is worse than €30m for Fernandinho. I didnt expect us to sign a top name striker this summer - even after Tevez went - but spending top striker money on a squad player is awful work.

I can only think Sorriano and Begiristain are trying to kickstart Spain's economy on their own.

Should those not be in £?

Well their team for the past year-18 months was this;

-------- Yaya ------- Barry ---------
Silva -------------------------- Nasri
-------- Tevez ----- Aguero --------

No way did Tevez play that far forward. He was clearly deployed as the link man for the most part.

so apparently, madrid want 25m for Higuain, Arsenal offering £21m

Arsenal have been naive. By stating loudly that they will 'splash the cash' and that they have all this wonga, they have effectively added 4-5 mill on every player they go after.
I am very very impressed with how we are doing our business this summer. I am even more impressed with how Levy realized Baldini needed to be brought in so as we could work early...

can you make sense of how City are building their team?

seems strange, Navas as a pure wide player, Silva more effective in the advanced central midfield role. Yaya B2B (?) Fernandhino - im not really sure what his role is, apparently Paulhino keeps him out the national team so somewhat similar id presume? there doesn't seem to be much of an obvious direction they are heading in and look like they could require another two players in order to form a balanced midfield (assuming Barry leaves as suggested)

They are giving themselves options going forward.

A proper out and out winger is a very good option to have in a side, not saying Navas won't be a regular starter for them, but they have a lot of games and he provides something completely different to Nasri, Silva etc.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't know much about Fernandinho, but no doubt they needed another central midfielder.

yeah, every top side has a "Navas" in there team and Emirates Marketing Project just didn't have one. Look at them away at us for example, everything was so narrow for them. If they were to put a Navas winger on in the second half, it'd been a lot different and it would have offered them something different.

Suarez to Arsenal trending on twitter :lol:

given up with Higuain have they?

Wasn't Suarez's big reason for leaving Liverpool that he needed to escape from the British media? Can't see how moving to London is going to help with that.

Arsenal have been naive. By stating loudly that they will 'splash the cash' and that they have all this wonga, they have effectively added 4-5 mill on every player they go after.
I am very very impressed with how we are doing our business this summer. I am even more impressed with how Levy realized Baldini needed to be brought in so as we could work early...

You make a good point....By trying to reassure their fans they mean business with statements of 'we have wedge and we will spend it' they have potentially given the initiative to the other side in any negotiation....

I get the sense that now Baldini is in 'things are harmonious and although I know as much as the next poster I get the feeling that Baldini/levi are working like Badgers trying to get In what we need as identified by AVB.

Im keeping it in my trousers until things are announced but IF we are to sign Paulinho & Villa then I think that represents a massive step forward...... it looks like the penny has dropped concerning us dropping early points due to unsettled squad......I think those we want moving on will be moved on a lot earlier and we wont see a repeat like vdv leaving late.

If those 2 come then fab........then we need another young striker..... not sure but I actually think we may need 5cb though if jedvaz arrives in jan then that will be fine.
I get the feeling things are about to be set in motion and I hope come Monday we have some new players to unveil in our shiny new kit......oh levy the master market man.

Back