• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 3m
Radio MARCA: Sevilla and Spain striker Álvaro Negredo (27) is on the verge of joining Emirates Marketing Project in a deal worth around £23.8million.

Mario Gomez agent has confirmed he's off to Fiorentina which is great news for us.

article-0-03FFE79F00000514-429_634x423.jpg

so, Sunderland have offered 4 mill for Jozy Altidore, but AZ Alkmaar said no deal as they want 7mill...............7 mill??? :eek: frigging bargain

Pellegrini just buying these players who really shouldn't be in title challenging and champions league chasing sides. :lol:

Apparently he went on holiday with Isco agreed, came back and found out he had signed for Madrid :lol:

I like Negredo, but for 24 mill City could get Higuain :-k

Pellegrini is a 442 man, so it seems Negredo and Aguero will be the ones on the end of Navas's crosses

I imagine it'll be Aguero/Silva playing off of Negredo, Aguero/Silva and Navas on the flanks and Yaya partnering Fernandinho in the middle.

I imagine it'll be Aguero/Silva playing off of Negredo, Aguero/Silva and Navas on the flanks and Yaya partnering Fernandinho in the middle.

Yeah, 4-2-3-1 makes more sense

------Yaya-----fernand-------
Navas-----Aguero--------Silva
-----------Negredo----------

if that is their team (well half of it) how would people rate our chances in terms of competing with them over the season? putting a positive spin on the Villa and Paulhino signings ie assuming they both come in

if that is their team (well half of it) how would people rate our chances in terms of competing with them over the season? putting a positive spin on the Villa and Paulhino signings ie assuming they both come in

depends how they get going. New manager, new style, new players etc. Barry for me was crucial for them in the middle, if he goes (which it looks like he is), could have a bad effect on them. They still have match winners in their team though and players who have won things in the past, Aguero, Silva, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure all winners. Plus there defence is still pretty solid in Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy etc.

They will fight for the league, I don't think we will.

---------Yaya-----Someone-----------
Navas--------------------------Silva
------------Striker---Striker----------

Would probably work better as a 4-2-3-1 imo.

that someone is 30 mill Fernandinho for GHod's sake :)

thats essentially 442 because Aguero will be in the box a lot, close to Negredo anyway. Big man, little man......Navas has been signed to provide real width, its what he does best. Pellegrini keeps things very simple

So Pelegrini is going to deploy Yaya as a pure DM? I mean he can obviously play that role but no way is that his ideal role.

City still need another central midfielder imo because Barry will probably be sold and Garcia simply isn't good enough.

I like Negredo, but for 24 mill City could get Higuain :-k

Pellegrini is a 442 man, so it seems Negredo and Aguero will be the ones on the end of Navas's crosses

What are you basing this on?

From what I've seen he's a fairly flexible manager that can adjust his teams to different formations based on what works.

Forgot about Rodwell who is decent but still....

would i swap Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro, Holtby and Sig for Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Garcia and Barry? NO.

What are you basing this on?

From what I've seen he's a fairly flexible manager that can adjust his teams to different formations based on what works.

he is flexible, but he has a preferred formation with 2 strikers and plenty of width...top managers at top teams have to be flexible anyway

Back