• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT We are MASSIVE FC v Tottenham Hotspur ***

lets hope he plays better..we still havn't really improved are defence have we? a talented player in the old centre half position would not go amiss.

Yep. Specifically a player that allows us to bring the ball out from the back a lot better than if we have Sanchez, Dier and Davies in there. A technical CB stepping into the midfield would do wonders to help our CMs when they're outnumbered.

Well, I'm relieved that's over.
Relieved because it wasn't exactly an enjoyable watch. Relieved because we could have lost it right at the death.
It's never especially comfortable for us over there, and maybe I should be happy with a draw, but it was disappointing that we couldn't lift our game to finish things off when we know we are so much better than them.
Oh well, still unbeaten. On we move to Saturday. At some point we're going to start off with energy and purpose, aren't we?
That's pretty much the most optimistic take I can come away from this evening with.
Gutted that we've seen Arsenal and Liverpool win.

We have not been great granted, not so sure about turgid, but despite that we have mostly defended well and managed to create chances each game to deserve the points we have taken - i will take that as a base to work from, knowing that we are capable of playing better based on what we saw at times last season.
It is as though we are playing Kabbadi.
We tentatively probe forwards but always with a lot of men back.
Super safe. Better to pass back than risk turning on the ball.
Better to take a touch rather than try a first time pass.
It's like we go into games knowing there are only going to be 2 goals in the whole match, so we are scared witless of allowing them to score, safety first safety first.

Yep. Specifically a player that allows us to bring the ball out from the back a lot better than if we have Sanchez, Dier and Davies in there. A technical CB stepping into the midfield would do wonders to help our CMs when they're outnumbered.
They weren’t outnumbered today
But they had no person down one side

It is as though we are playing Kabbadi.
We tentatively probe forwards but always with a lot of men back.
Super safe. Better to pass back than risk turning on the ball.
Better to take a touch rather than try a first time pass.
It's like we go into games knowing there are only going to be 2 goals in the whole match, so we are scared witless of allowing them to score, safety first safety first.

I think that is more to do with the players lack of ability on the ball than the way we want to play, not enough players able to play progressive passes quickly or with little time to time think, Bentancur is one of the few players in the back 7 who can play smart passes quickly

I think that is more to do with the players lack of ability on the ball than the way we want to play, not enough players able to play progressive passes quickly or with little time to time think, Bentancur is one of the few players in the back 7 who can play smart passes quickly

Dier and PEH both have it in their locker.

The front three are not isolated, they get plenty of touches.

I think we are seeing exactly what Conte wants, he's just expecting more goals from it.

I think we are seeing exactly what Conte wants, he's just expecting more goals from it.

I think so too. The devil is in the details. Our passing is very sloppy. If it was sharper we'd be creating a lot more. It'll come.

No they don't not at all, given time and space they can play a nice pass but under pressure it's basic passing to feet to whoever is in their immediate field of vision.

No they don't not at all, given time and space they can play a nice pass but under pressure it's basic passing to feet to whoever is in their immediate field of vision.

Dier made an under pressure key pass for our goal tonight.

PEH has made similar mid range verticals that have led to opportunities two or three times this season.

The front three are seeing a lot of the ball, with a minimal number of defenders in front of them, regularly, that should be all it takes.

They weren’t outnumbered today
But they had no person down one side

Yep - I agree with you on Royal being a dead end in terms of our attacks. He tries, bless his heart, but he just isn't at the level we need. When Sanchez is out right and is also poor as hell on the ball, we are fudged on the right as a whole.

Dier made an under pressure key pass for our goal tonight.

PEH has made similar mid range verticals that have led to opportunities two or three times this season.

The front three are seeing a lot of the ball, with a minimal number of defenders in front of them, regularly, that should be all it takes.

One of the problems with peh for me is that he has some success with a decent pass then thinks he's hoddle for the rest of the game.

And in Dier's case, he usually has a clanger a game in terms of getting spun on halfway, losing his man, etc. Thankfully the system covers for him, but I'm unconvinced he's as crucial to the backline as he's being made out to be.

These guys limitations wouldn't stand out if they were playing alongside players better on the ball than they are but our problem is that each one is as limited to the player next to him which compounds the matter.

Stick Romero in-between Dier & Royal and it bridges the gap a bit, it's not ideal but it's better than Dier-Sanchez-Royal which is painful, especially when you throw Lloris in behind them who isn't good on the ball himself and then PEH in front who can't play on the turn or see anything in his peripheral vision - it's a cloggy mess.

Davies isn't much better either but he has Perisic to help out on that side.

Too many average/poor on the ball players in one area of the pitch is bogging us down

Last edited:
Back