• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford***

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Christ.

Calm. Calm. Calm.

Whew.

Only f*cking Spurs could look like a team barely hanging on against ten men for ten minutes, go up the other end, score, and then again look like a team desperately hanging on for the remaining five. That was the type of goal you expect the side a man down to score, not the side with an ostensible advantage.

Sigh. Vital, vital win. Sub-par performance today, but a vital win, because it puts us on 35 points heading into the second half of the season - keep that form up and we'll end up with 70 after the next 19 games, which matches Harry's haul in 2009/2010 (although it's two short of AVB's in 12/-13), and should be enough for top four in this topsy-turvy season.

Positives -

- Three-man defense was a bold tactical move - necessary to combat the threat of Ighalo and Deeney, but bold nonetheless, and I'm happy that Poch displayed his willingness to adapt our tactics to our opposition again (like he did away to Arsenal last year).

- Midfield generally lost the battle for the second ball once Dembele went off, but Carroll impressed me with his ability to retain possession and put it forward into more vital areas quickly and accurately, and Lamela continued hustling like crazy and deserved his goal.

Negatives -

....sod it, not after that late drama. Too jittery to type them up. Wheeeeeeeeeeew. :eek:

Unlucky for Watford, desperately unlucky. And that's coming from someone who generally doesn't give a damn about our opposition.

Thank Ghod for that, what a poor display.

Thank Ghod for goal-line technology, we would have lost that if The Luddites had their way!
Indeed :eek:

CXU842jWcAIjAp_.png

5Live - about five mins behind live.
5Live was about 10 seconds ahead of my feed :confused:

RAWKite said:
Jesus christ Tottenham are lucky. First they avoid conceding by about half a centimeter, then they score an offside goal (which was fair enough tough to call).

fudge them off to another planet or something I swear nobody outside of Tottenham likes Tottenham. They're as interesting as the romanian political history in a language you don't speak.

So glad we won that, if only to stick it up the two commentators who were openly hoping for a Watford result. Never heard such biased commentary in my life. Never heard either of them before and don't wish to again! Also what is it that bring out the thuggery in opposition players against us. Watford were lucky to stay with ten men after that arsewipe smacked Carroll in the gob. You could the blood streaming from his mouth. Deliberate too, as he was looking back to time the blow.

Thank Ghod for that, what a poor display.

Thank Ghod for goal-line technology
, we would have lost that if The Luddites had their way!

Abso-bloody-lutely. Thought we were going to blow that, made hard work of playing 10 men, we need to improve in that aspect,but...Wow, what a finish by Son, amazing.
Loved the celebration with the fans, it's gutting to not be there when that happens.

Days/results like this start to make you think, maybe just maybe???

What a Christmas this has been, the star on top of the tree would be if Bournemouth could just get something tonight.

Such a clear red card - a dirty reckless challenge.

Daylight robbery from us though - I really worry that we look devoid of creativity when we are pressing teams who are sitting back in numbers

3rd for a day at least...f#ckin 3rd, love it. Palace drop points too, if Chelsea can get a point (not 3 though), we will have a nice gap between the Top 4 and 5th

Lucky? I call cobblers mate. Two bricktteford players should've been sent off, not just one. Sorry, well-earned. Worked their cobblers off for it against a hard-working side with two of the hot strikers in the league.

All in all, we were the better team. We created far more half chances. BUT, we were milometers away from conceding, then went up the other end and scored. A cigarette paper away from losing. During our run of draws we were the better side and drawing unfortunately (creating the best chances etc). I am ecstatic that now we're winning with some fight and maybe the rub of the green. Today if we're honest, we did get the rub of the green (maybe off side, fractions away from them scoring, the red which might not have been another day etc.).

But we move on. I hope we can learn a little from this game. I would love us to exploit the flanks more. Get two players overlapping on the wing when teams drop deep with two banks - making it near impossible to play through the middle.

We also need to sort out how we play when winning. Our intensity drops, and its like we don't know whether to sit back or attack. We need to just play the same way when in the lead, without the fullbacks getting up the pitch as often.

Last edited:
Just a quick recap of some of their pre match comments:

A quiet day for Gomes.

Britos to cane Kane.

Capoue bosses the midfield with Behrami chopping down anyone who gets in his mates way..

I would love it if we beat them. i'd say Potters Bar is at least 50% Spurs fans, so i'd love to beat them. I think we'll struggle against their pressing though and resort to hoofing it quite a lot, whether that'll work or not is a different question.

With the potchettino style of play and hungry squad I feel like this is one of the few times this season when we will play a better version of ourselves.

The latest fool on there reckons we are the new Pulis Stoke long ball physical rugbyteam!!!!!

Can we sign both Ighalo and Deeney? I don't want to see either of them playing against us again. If they turn out to be brick for us (very likely), then just keep them around anyway until their contracts run out. They were a nightmare.

Can we sign both Ighalo and Deeney? I don't want to see either of them playing against us again. If they turn out to be brick for us (very likely), then just keep them around anyway until their contracts run out. They were a nightmare.

I can see Tony Pulis ordering a DVD of this for some late night viewing.

We were absolutely battered today.
Pochettino made so many bad tactical decisions that he can hopefully learn from.
And still we won.
COYS.
Lets win the League.

Cobblers. You need to explain that. I won't bother quoting stats as we both know they require context, but 'battered'? How? Because we had to go toe-to-toe with an in-form side on their ground as opposed to strolling around the park enjoying a 4-0 win? Funny too how these 'bad' tactical decisions left us shutting down two of the hottest strikers in the league right now (their goal was hardly 'fashioned') and given that Pochettino rotated the FBs, lost Dembele early and has a desperately out-of-form leader in Eriksen, I'd say he did a fine job. Dier dropping in was a smart move.

Was it Ighalo that Poch put his hand around his neck, during a little scuffle by the touch line? Was almost a caress - come join us.

Back