• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

Also I wonder if we are playing mind games re, Bale, Lennon and Defoe.

All three are said to be 'in the squad'.

Happy for us to spook City (and Arsenal?) like this, but i'd be surprised if Bale or Lennpn start. Perhaps they'll be there mainly for morale and also to force City to pick a team assuming either wil play.

Either way, i'm glad it's AVB having to plan for this situation and not, say, Redknapp...

One thing. With the break we've had there is absolutely no excuse for not going full pelt for the whole game. No excuse.

Just watched the press con and if City do play with more 'freedom' so to speak, due to being so far behind then this may work as much for us as something to be concerned about. We are one of the best counter attacking teams after all!

I'm looking forward to this more than I would against a lower table side.

I fully expect us to put in a performance against City on Sunday and beat them. For me it's make or break time for us as defeat will weaken the teams belief of finishing in the top four whilst strengthening Arsenal and Chelsea's.

We have to win! Make us proud lads.

COYS!

3-1.

Anyone worried about how leaky our defence has been in recent weeks?...

Nah me neither, I'm going for a 4-3 win... All Vertonghen headers

Anyone worried about how leaky our defence has been in recent weeks?...

Nah me neither, I'm going for a 4-3 win... All Vertonghen headers

In recent weeks ? Our defence have been leaking goals all season. The reason is we have only 1 reliable defender in Vertonghen while all the rest are error-prone. Hope we will buy an experienced defender to partner Vertonghen next season. Don't think we can rely on Kaboul as he is too injury-prone.

In recent weeks ? Our defence have been leaking goals all season. The reason is we have only 1 reliable defender in Vertonghen while all the rest are error-prone. Hope we will buy an experienced defender to partner Vertonghen next season. Don't think we can rely on Kaboul as he is too injury-prone.

Err...not sure if serious...did you see Vertonghen for both goals against Everton??

Did you watch him at home to Chelski?? What about Joe Cole's game at Upton Park or the 4th goal away at Inter?
He is a very good defender, but he can be as error prone as the others imo.

One long term injury = injury prone?

8-[

As said above, Verts has not been good for the last couple of games either.

The last seven we have conceded fifteen. The nineteen games before that we conceded fifteen.

We leaked late goals at the start, and then have recently started to again. We were actually quite solid during the middle period.

Last edited:

Are you taking the tinkle? Vertonghen has made numerous mistakes this season (the fact that he is immense going forward and looks comfortable bringing the ball out from the back does not mean he is a perfect defender, far from it) so do not even go there. As for Kaboul, suffice to say last season he proved to be by far and away our best defender last season, one of our best players and a key reason we finished 4th. Methinks you need to re-evaluate your comments above

Also I wonder if we are playing mind games re, Bale, Lennon and Defoe.

All three are said to be 'in the squad'.

Happy for us to spook City (and Arsenal?) like this, but i'd be surprised if Bale or Lennpn start. Perhaps they'll be there mainly for morale and also to force City to pick a team assuming either wil play.

Either way, i'm glad it's AVB having to plan for this situation and not, say, Redknapp...

I cannot imagine Bale not starting following AVB's comments

At the end of the day, however error prone, I have also seen all the defenders make great, last ditch tackles and interceptions this season.

You've just got to hope they all do it in the same game on Sunday. [-o<

At the end of the day, however error prone, I have also seen all the defenders make great, last ditch tackles and interceptions this season.

You've just got to hope they all do it in the same game on Sunday. [-o<

For me it's the midfield that has stepped off the pace. Ergo more attacks getting through. Mind you I have no stats to back that claim up, just what I (think I) see.

Err...not sure if serious...did you see Vertonghen for both goals against Everton??

Did you watch him at home to Chelski?? What about Joe Cole's game at Upton Park or the 4th goal away at Inter?
He is a very good defender, but he can be as error prone as the others imo.

You cannot blame Vertonghen. When you are surrounded by players who are error-prone and get panic at first sight of ball regularly, sooner or later you are going to get influenced by them. Vertonghen's game has certainly gone down a level in recent weeks. It is acceptable when defenders make mistakes from time to time but it is unacceptable when they do it regularly to cost you valuable points.

For me it's the midfield that has stepped off the pace. Ergo more attacks getting through. Mind you I have no stats to back that claim up, just what I (think I) see.

Have to agree. I think we have missed Sandro more than Bale in the last few matches. It would have helped to have a defensive midfielder like Sandro to protect our error-prone defence. Parker just doesn't give enough protection to our defence. Also, Dembele's form has gone down in recent matches as well.

You cannot blame Vertonghen. When you are surrounded by players who are error-prone and get panic at first sight of ball regularly, sooner or later you are going to get influenced by them. Vertonghen's game has certainly gone down a level in recent weeks. It is acceptable when defenders make mistakes from time to time but it is unacceptable when they do it regularly to cost you valuable points.

Wait, so you can't blame Vertonghen for mistakes Vertonghen makes?

:ross:

Sorry, but that's gonads. Just as if Dawson, Walker or Naughton makes a mistake, you would blame him for it. He's done it regularly over the last few weeks. That doesn't make him a brick defender, it does make him currently in brick form.

I think we shoot from distance because we lack the brains to get into the area enough.

Agreed.

Last season at home we took 47% of our shots from outside the area and scored 39 goals with a record of W13 / D3 / L3 / F39 / A17
This season at home we've taken 60% of shots from outside the area and scored 25 goals with a record of W8 / D5 / L3 / F24 / A17 (with 3 home games left to play)

Hence why we have got as many points in away games as at home, as there's more opportunity for our speed merchants to counter-attack away from The Lane. Although ManC probably won't be parking the bus at least.

Last edited:
The last seven we have conceded fifteen. The nineteen games before that we conceded fifteen.

We leaked late goals at the start, and then have recently started to again. We were actually quite solid during the middle period.

Cheers, that's how I remembered it too, but you saved me from having to look it up.

I agree, wouldn't be surprised if we started leaking goals after Sandro got injured. Sandro and Dembele were probably the most solid central midfield partnership in the league.

I agree, wouldn't be surprised if we started leaking goals after Sandro got injured. Sandro and Dembele were probably the most solid central midfield partnership in the league.

Our solid period was from early December to early March. Whilst Sandro was injured in late Jan.

Back