• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Watford***

We play Watford on January the 1st so it counts if he is booked then

The round of fixtures conclude in the 1st for all teams otherwise we would gain an advantage

I totally get the logic of what you are saying, and that is certainly how I would have expected it to work. But the FA website link clearly refers to players who are receiving their 5th caution ON (or after) 1 January will not receive a ban.
So either the FA have not updated their own rules website to allow for changes to match dates due to TV schedules or it is just the luck of the draw.

Edit: I suppose there could be a variety of reasons why a game might be moved or postponed. So it is probably easier just to have the one cut off point.

I totally get the logic of what you are saying, and that is certainly how I would have expected it to work. But the FA website link clearly refers to players who are receiving their 5th caution ON (or after) 1 January will not receive a ban.
So either the FA have not updated their own rules website to allow for changes to match dates due to TV schedules or it is just the luck of the draw.

Edit: I suppose there could be a variety of reasons why a game might be moved or postponed. So it is probably easier just to have the one cut off point.

I get that but was sure I read it was around rounds of games

E.g round 18

But we will find out soon

Its the round of games at that point e.g our game vs Watford

Hence why if you oook at the same site and search for players one game away from a suspension you get out two (you can search by club)

It's actually a good thing the FA have for once

But they can't get their 5th caution on or before the 31st.

That image shows that date as the cut off.

But they can't get their 5th caution on or before the 31st.

That image shows that date as the cut off.

But the table drop downs says they can

When I originally started monitoring it we weren't playing on the 1st

There were also some words around the round of fixtures

As I said earlier we will find out (hopefully not)

I don't get why people are strugglign with this rule. Its pretty clear from the FA website:

"Suspensions are automatically imposed for accumulating 5, 10, or 15 cautions in a season. There are cut-off dates for receiving a sanction as a result of accumulated cautions. They are:

CAUTIONS CUT OFF DATES (Inclusive)
5 (Premier League) 31 December

5 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 30 November
10 (Premier League) 2nd Sunday in April
10 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 2nd Sunday in March
15 End of Season

For example, a Premier League player earning their fifth caution of the season on or after 1st January would not earn any ban. However, if they received ten cautions by the second Sunday in April, a ban would apply. Players who receive 20 or more cautions in a season shall be required to attend a Regulatory Commission.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions#qQVhBppxThXWD3uj.99"

I don't get why people are strugglign with this rule. Its pretty clear from the FA website:

"Suspensions are automatically imposed for accumulating 5, 10, or 15 cautions in a season. There are cut-off dates for receiving a sanction as a result of accumulated cautions. They are:

CAUTIONS CUT OFF DATES (Inclusive)
5 (Premier League) 31 December

5 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 30 November
10 (Premier League) 2nd Sunday in April
10 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 2nd Sunday in March
15 End of Season

For example, a Premier League player earning their fifth caution of the season on or after 1st January would not earn any ban. However, if they received ten cautions by the second Sunday in April, a ban would apply. Players who receive 20 or more cautions in a season shall be required to attend a Regulatory Commission.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions#qQVhBppxThXWD3uj.99"

Why are they down then as being 1 booking away???

Why are they down then as being 1 booking away???

Because the table just lists out people on 4 bookings. There isnt any thought in it - the rules are pretty clear though and don't make any reference to 'rounds of games' or other such nonsense

Because the FA didn't employ a DBA that could join three simple tables to drop those that weren't playing until after the 31st is my guess.

As I said earlie, I've been monitoring this for a couple of months and I'm sure previously there was a reference to match weeks as well as dates

Is clearly not there now and I hope I'm wrong

Because the table just lists out people on 4 bookings. There isnt any thought in it - the rules are pretty clear though and don't make any reference to 'rounds of games' or other such nonsense

It doesn't just list out 4 bookings it clearly says players one game away from a suspension

Back