• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Watford***

Our realistic aims at the start of the season was a good top four challenge. We can achieve that aim without winning our toughest remaining home game.

As per my post previously that you quoted - IF we want to be in with a chance of the title then it's a must win

If we're just happy to put up a challenge for 4th then it doesn't matter as much in that context I agree

If we're aiming for 4th/3rd at a push then we definitely don't have the mentality to win the title

I'm not saying we shouldn't aim for the title, I just don't believe we can for the following reasons:

• Mentality - Every time we have the chance to win and go top we blow it. We can't even get to the top of the league let alone stay there. Ourselves and Arsenal can't deal with any kind of pressure that comes with being title challengers. We seem to perform much better when people don't talk about us.
  • Goals - We don't create enough chances for Kane and we aren't clinical enough with the chances we do create.
  • Our bench isn't good enough.
  • We draw too many games.

The title is beyond us IMO. A point to keep pace with the top 4 would be a very good result. Top 4 should be the aim with the outside chance of sneaking top 3.

Yep, top 3 or 4 and consecutive CL qualifications would be tremendous. I don't think we're aiming for the title.

I think we'll do well if we can maintain the points gap to Chelsea over the remainder of the season, considering the run they've been on. I would take a point from them if that makes a 7 from 9 return from those three matches.

To that end, lets go strongest team versus Watford and try to make hay there first.

My Watford colleague says they have lots out through injury.

I think last season shows that, if you try and compete for the title then even in failure, you p1ss into the top 4. I'm not counting us out yet.

Anyway, last season at Watford, we played 3 at the back with Trippier at right wing-back. Given our suspensions, we might try a similar approach.

-------------lloris
------dier----toby----wimmer
trippier----wanyama------rose
-----sissoko---eriksen---alli
-------------kane

I'm not saying we shouldn't aim for the title, I just don't believe we can for the following reasons:

• Mentality - Every time we have the chance to win and go top we blow it. We can't even get to the top of the league let alone stay there. Ourselves and Arsenal can't deal with any kind of pressure that comes with being title challengers. We seem to perform much better when people don't talk about us.
  • Goals - We don't create enough chances for Kane and we aren't clinical enough with the chances we do create.
  • Our bench isn't good enough.
  • We draw too many games.

Not to be a pendant but you said previously we can't win the league and 'top four should be the aim' - If you're now saying the aim should be the title then we agree.

We know how well we can play at our best and that we have been well below that for most of this season - If we can get that form back in the second half of the season then anything is possible. I don't expect us to win the league, I don't even 'expect' us to finish in the top 4 - but the attitude of the club is totally wrong if we're looking at the table as it stands and are thinking that anything is beyond us

Not to be a pendant but you said previously we can't win the league and 'top four should be the aim' - If you're now saying the aim should be the title then we agree.

We know how well we can play at our best and that we have been well below that for most of this season - If we can get that form back in the second half of the season then anything is possible

Top 4 should be the minimum that the club are aiming to achieve with a title challenge being the ultimate aim. If we could get to the top of the league even just for a few hours then I might change my mind.

Top 4 should be the minimum that the club are aiming to achieve with a title challenge being the ultimate aim. If we could get to the top of the league even just for a few hours then I might change my mind.

you wont get there if you're not trying to so lets hope we are ;)

Chelsea is a must win? Seriously? We have a fairly tough run coming up so let's identify one of the toughest of those games as a must win?

Yes, seriously.

If we really want to consider ourselves amongst the elite in this division, a win against the team that have caused us more distress than any other (winning the Champions League and getting us bumped out, signing Willian, Hazard, Battyboy from under our noses, causing us the grief of giving away a two goal lead last season and ending our title bid) then yes I really really want to beat these fudgers and end their winning streak in the best way possible - with three points and a much overdue win for the fans.

I think last season shows that, if you try and compete for the title then even in failure, you p1ss into the top 4. I'm not counting us out yet.

Anyway, last season at Watford, we played 3 at the back with Trippier at right wing-back. Given our suspensions, we might try a similar approach.

-------------lloris
------dier----toby----wimmer
trippier----wanyama------rose
-----sissoko---eriksen---alli
-------------kane

I like the look of that team for the Watford game. I hope Toby is fit enough. It gives a rest to Dembele, Verts, and Walker. I might even consider Winks for Eriksen as he is too valuable to miss the Chelsea game Hopefully they will then all be fit and fresh and raring to go for the Cheatski game.

TOBY SET FOR RETURN "Toby picked up a virus the day before Southampton," Pochettino says. "He has recovered now and we're hopeful he will be available."

Any win will do but preferably one with a clean sheet to help our defensive record and GD. Bit of a dilemma with the back line and Walker being suspended, I'm not a fan of mass changes within the backline and if we play Alderweireld then we probably need to play Wimmer which means 3 changes out of 4 but then I am not totally sold on Dier/Wimmer given the former's lack of form and the latter's lack of playing time. Rose could do with a game off as well but he will have to wait until Villa now.

Don't care how we do it but we just need the 3 points.

Watford 0-2 Tottenham, Kane & Son

Spurs boss is not yet thinking about his side's game with Chelsea on Wednesday.

"For us the most important game is Watford to try and reduce the gap on the top four," he says.

"We need to be focussed on Watford that's the most important thing for us.

"Chelsea are a long way ahead. It will be tough for all the contenders. They have a good gap to second and 10 points to us but we'll fight to reduce the gap.

"It's only half the season gone, there is a long way ahead and we'll have a good opportunity when we play them but first we must beat Watford."

The Spurs manager says he doesn't expect a big signing this window amid recent reports linking him with Ross Barkley and Real Madrid midfielder Isco.

He also does not expect any departures and says contrary to reports Kevin Wimmer won't be going out on loan.

Back