• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

Absolutely. Wasn’t that the consensus when we hired Ange, that if we fail at least we’re going to fail while staying true to the spirit of the club. We’ve had our fill of “pragmatists” for a while.

Didn’t give them the benefit of time.

Last edited:
not really a complaint but one more thing to add - THE RAIN.
i've noticed that under ange we've not played well whenever it rained.

its no surprise that generally technical teams struggle more in the rain though.
how about rain-tech gear. Nike?

its no surprise that generally technical teams struggle more in the rain though.

Must be a spurs thing, not an ange thing because it rains a lot in Glasgow.

All I can say is we once again we keep going around in circles after many many years of discussion...
and maybe just maybe this is the year we have a winning football solution. We just have to be a little more patient.
and.. so it goes on..
This season a couple of the players we have bought fall well short of what we need IMO...and that is not good.
Anyway...lets see how things pan out this season.....;)

You’d think it would help the more technical teams as the ball moves quicker and is harder to control.

Same start as last year. Difference is, I can see us getting only 4 points from our first 4 games, instead of 10 last year.

Klopp got to the Europa League final in his very first season. Arteta won the FA Cup in his first season.

There's a little bit of revisionism in that comparison, imo. Even Poch got to the LC final in his first season. In all their cases, there was enough consistent upward momentum that you could see the direction of travel - i.e, they got better each year/season, albeit with caveats (Arteta going 8th -> 8th for a year).

In Postecoglou's case, yes we had that same forward momentum for the first ten games. But after that, it was a concerning collapse that seems to have continued into this season. And of course, our cup performances were laughable last year so he doesn't have that to fall back on unlike Klopp/Arteta/Poch.

Just saying, more complex than that comparison lets on.
Getting to cup finals means fvck all. Any team with a half decent squad can with a little luck. Doing it over a full season is the true barometer.

Listening to the podcasts and reading opinions after the match last night I'm reminded how we often draw these long conclusions about how a player is such and such based on one single fudging game. So a player had a bad game - then all of a sudden he IS terrible at x, y and z, as if all of the capabilities of that player was on show in the 90 minutes of football last night. Why do we always go down those roads and judge players on a single performance? Ok, so Johnson wasn't great yesterday, but we all know he can be more than capable of attacking down his side and put decent crosses in, and also attack the back post and score. He's a decent player. Give the players a break. One game of football.
He seems to be the new lightning rod for the spacegoat hunters. It's bizarre. I think Johnson has been a decent signing and there is better to come. The lad needs support and time.

Can see him becoming the next Dier/Winks/Hojbjerg though. Once the momentum builds, it's hard to reverse.

He seems to be the new lightning rod for the spacegoat hunters. It's bizarre. I think Johnson has been a decent signing and there is better to come. The lad needs support and time.

Can see him becoming the next Dier/Winks/Hojbjerg though. Once the momentum builds, it's hard to reverse.
I agree he needs support and time.

But I also think he probably needs to play less in games that aren't that well suited to his abilities. Hopefully the signing of Odobert and perhaps the integration of Moore at some point will lead to Johnson playing fewer minutes in games like the Leicester game and more of his time on the pitch is in game conditions that suit him.

I agree he needs support and time.

But I also think he probably needs to play less in games that aren't that well suited to his abilities. Hopefully the signing of Odobert and perhaps the integration of Moore at some point will lead to Johnson playing fewer minutes in games like the Leicester game and more of his time on the pitch is in game conditions that suit him.
We also need to pass better to him
Some of the passes to him were poor and it hinders his game at the start
Odobert will be a great option
Werner should never play on the right and should be battling son for the left side

All I can say is we once again we keep going around in circles after many many years of discussion...
and maybe just maybe this is the year we have a winning football solution. We just have to be a little more patient.
and.. so it goes on..
This season a couple of the players we have bought fall well short of what we need IMO...and that is not good.
Anyway...lets see how things pan out this season.....;)
Out of curiosity, who has fallen well short of what we need?

He was better than Son on Monday IMO.

Me too but I thought, first half, Sonny looked pretty good. I've been critical of aspects on Monday but the first half really was excellent and I thought every player contributed. I'd be okay if both started on Saturday.
Will be interesting what we do in CM
Everton is a game where a ball playing one would have been helpful, like bentacur but he is out so…

Again I think this is more down to interpretation. I don’t see it as spacegoating, just players that need to do better or that we need to improve on. Dier, Winks and PEH all fell into that category. I’d put Maddison in that category right now as well tbh. £50m is a lot of money to spend on a player even in today’s game and honestly I don’t think we’ve got our money’s worth so far, he’s quick and he’s good at getting on the end of chances but we need more guile, trickery and skill from him. I’m not writing him off but it’s a big season for him and he needs to do better than last season. He hasn’t made the position his own but it’s still very much up for grabs in a bad way for us but good for him.

Again I think this is more down to interpretation. I don’t see it as spacegoating, just players that need to do better or that we need to improve on. Dier, Winks and PEH all fell into that category. I’d put Maddison in that category right now as well tbh. £50m is a lot of money to spend on a player even in today’s game and honestly I don’t think we’ve got our money’s worth so far, he’s quick and he’s good at getting on the end of chances but we need more guile, trickery and skill from him. I’m not writing him off but it’s a big season for him and he needs to do better than last season. He hasn’t made the position his own but it’s still very much up for grabs in a bad way for us but good for him.
The above is fair comment. But when people start blaming him for the goal, for example, that's agenda driven.

Back