• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

Me too but I thought, first half, Sonny looked pretty good. I've been critical of aspects on Monday but the first half really was excellent and I thought every player contributed. I'd be okay if both started on Saturday.
I keep seeing this comment about Son being good first half, what did he actually do? Maddison played some nice passes into him, but nothing ever came from it. Don't recall him ever taking on and beating his man, having any shots etc What did I miss?

I keep seeing this comment about Son being good first half, what did he actually do? Maddison played some nice passes into him, but nothing ever came from it. Don't recall him ever taking on and beating his man, having any shots etc What did I miss?
Would need to watch it back but I recall him going by his man a couple of times, playing Udogie in to cross and linking pretty well with Maddison throughout the half. Didn't cough up possession much either.

Maybe my perception is wrong, I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to him but my impression was he was doing pretty well. Second half, he looked fairly poor alright.

This is hilarious. One has been here, what, a week, and played 1 game. The other one is 19 years old, and had his first training session with the team the day after the first game.....

Absolutely top notch premeditated judgment right there!
But they are brick
I mean no goals and no assists
Shocking return

Good to see the start of season hope took all of 90 minutes to die ..

I'm really confused as to as to expectations
- Last season, new manager, new player, loss of Kane, got to 5th place
- Football is attractive to watch, we actually play to win (after years of dross)
- We have got rid of deadwood, we have invested in the squad, we have re-aligned to our previous strategy of young/quality talent
- We turn up for 1st game of season, absolutely dominate 70 minutes of the game away from home, fail to take our chances and get a draw

Yes, there are some team issues that still need to be fixed, but really wtf? is Ange not good enough now? we didn't spend enough money? (we are in top 3 spenders) .. can we not wait until first 5 games before this is where it goes ...

- Football is attractive to watch, we actually play to win (after years of dross)
- We have got rid of deadwood, we have invested in the squad, we have re-aligned to our previous strategy of young/quality talent
- We turn up for 1st game of season, absolutely dominate 70 minutes of the game away from home, fail to take our chances and get a draw

Yes, there are some team issues that still need to be fixed, but really wtf? is Ange not good enough now? we didn't spend enough money? (we are in top 3 spenders) .. can we not wait until first 5 games before this is where it goes ...
Well our last two signings are roughly £100m between them and not good enough for some …
fudging odd fans we have

Agree…a bit.

I’d take issue a bit with your second point; I didn’t find us particularly good to watch - in general - from December/January onwards last season. I also found some of our play on Monday night deeply frustrating, as we repeatedly attempted to walk the ball through a crowded Leicester penalty area.

On your third point, if we have realigned to our previous strategy of young talent, then it might be a good idea for someone at the club to say that’s the plan. Instead, we’ve had Ange talking last year about laying the foundation for a title push this year, and then mentioning a week or two ago his record of winning things in his second season. Added to that, the young players that we were all excited about 3 or 4 years ago have now been sold, without the arrival of any major success, so I can understand some being a bit sceptical; and perhaps feeling that our investment in that area signals the start of another project, rather than a tilt at trying to win something now. Again, fine if that’s the case, but someone should be communicating that vision to the fans.

On the final point, we dominated what is a pretty terrible team on Monday (let’s be honest, they’re Chamionship standard) but couldn’t put the game beyond them, then reverted to type by s hitting the bed when they equalised. That wasn’t promising.

I certainly don’t want Ange gone, but I had concerns by the end of last year about how far he can take us - and those haven’t been allayed by what I saw on Monday, or in pre-season.

I think he can help himself by showing better in-game management, and by adapting his team’s play from game to game to take account of opponents’ strengths. I’m hopeful we’ll see more of both this season.

Would anyone take Raheem Sterling? Will be going cheap or maybe even a loan? Experience, direct and scores goals when given a run.

Would anyone take Raheem Sterling? Will be going cheap or maybe even a loan? Experience, direct and scores goals when given a run.

No, maddening player with zero football intelligence, talent is there but 90% of the time simply makes the wrong decision.

Either way, the small matter of his 340K/week wages means no one will touch him

I haven't seen anyone say Ange isn't good enough and want him gone etc or giving out about the money spent. Just those pointing out valid concerns about issues that were there last season and still seem to be there.

Back