• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

This is why we won't finish top 4. If you look at City, Liverpool and Arsenal they all won by two goals and with a clean sheet as a standard. We don't look like winning any game by more than one goal. May as well have bought Soldado up front.

The players are getting plenty of stick as well, just read the thread. But the manager ultimately carries the can. It was ever thus.

It wasn’t just a mistake or two that cost us today. By the end, we were a little fortunate to come out of that with a point.

We were lucky our terrible second half didn’t cost us more, yes. But again…we should have been out of sight well before then.

Took points off all those teams last season, and City at home he clearly changed tact (albeit didn't get a result) so he's versatile enough when he considers necessary.....
The City game at home was quite good tactically to be fair.

But the point was around Angeball relying on battering teams into submission early. You aren’t gonna do that to top teams.

And last season, against the top 3, we won 1 of 6 games (which was very, very fortunate), drew 2 and lost 3.

But the point was around Angeball relying on battering teams into submission early. You aren’t gonna do that to top teams.

And last season, against the top 3, we won 1 of 6 games (which was very, very fortunate), drew 2 and lost 3.

we can't even do it against brick teams

If it’s also worth looking back at those games in isolation
Arsenal at home we were robbed of a penalty which they scored from… it was a game changer
Pool away we had plenty chances to nick a draw in the end away
City at home too…that son miss

How many have great records against the top 3? And not sure anyone is expecting us to batter those teams anyway? Yes that might be what Angeball is all about but we are 12 months into it, I seriously doubt anyone including the manager is expecting us to steamroll Emirates Marketing Project and the Goons at this stage of things....

You expect a top manager to know when to start to tweak things, he sat in his hands and let the game get away from him.

Not sure why it's a shock, it's what he does

Had hoped over the summer he might have taken not of some of his failings last year

Exactly. After they scored I kept saying to those around me we need to do something to kill the game. We did nothing. Nobody was getting ready to come on. Then we had this period of the ball not going out of play before the corner where we again did nothing. Bentancur getting injured after the corner is obviously a freak occurrence, but it should never have got to that.

Alright mate. No doubt you’ll be back the next time we don’t win. See you then.

Judging by his last 30 games, doubt I'll have to wait long.

Look, I get you're madly in love with this bloke out of the footballing wilderness, but you have to face reality here.

He hasn't fixed a single thing from last year. And time is running out.

If he gets us winning, great. If he doesn't, he's collecting his jobseeker payments in Melbourne come December and we move on. That's life.

That tells me what happens when a team in a very weak league can massively outspend their rivals. It doesn’t explain how this particular footballing system works successfully in a top league - and I still don’t understand how it is supposed to function.
that's the point i'm making i suppose. Ange's tactics worked in a lower European league, but in the English top flight where even the "lesser" teams have significant financial/management/playing resources, well i'm not so sure. Vardy will be shown up against most of the defences in this league, yet he nearly won them the game today.

It's difficult to see what Postecoglou can do, to be fair.

There's a chance here to do a Poch and start playing just the youngsters, to make a point to the senior pros - Bergvall and Gray both had promising moments, and we have a lot of young players who can be used in that way.

Problem is, when Poch sidelined the older players, they were players from before his time.

But a lot of the present crop of underperformed are either Postecoglou's buys (Maddison, Johnson) or players he likes (Son, Udogie). Plus many aren't even that old. So, not much he can do.

He's made his bed. He has to lie in it. Personally I'm unsurprised we're having the exact same problems we did last season, because they are inherent to his approach - being dogmatic is great in Scotland, Japan and Australia, but up against the best in the world, it falters and ultimately has a ceiling.
Also concerned he is not making use of additional coaching resources such as set piece coaches which is something other teams are doing to gain those additional margins.

The players looked lost, almost as if they couldnt believe it
This is exactly what happened on too many occations last season. If one, or even 3 players loses it, it can be anything. But when the team collapses and suddenly struggle to do the basic things right and run into trouble time and time again, at least a portion of it has to be down to the manager and the game plan. I think "lost" is a very good word to describe it, like "We do it our way or not at all".

Judging by his last 30 games, doubt I'll have to wait long.

Look, I get you're madly in love with this bloke out of the footballing wilderness, but you have to face reality here.

He hasn't fixed a single thing from last year. And time is running out.

If he gets us winning, great. If he doesn't, he's collecting his jobseeker payments in Melbourne come December and we move on. That's life.

Don’t you think you amongst many others are having a massive over reaction?

If after 10 games it’s like the end of last season I’d agree…

But to say he hasn’t fixed anything when we know the Achilles heel was set pieces and counters and what we saw today was a CB… a World Cup winner and let’s be honest, a fudging top defender literally walk past his man and leave him to score. How does Ange change that? That’s nothing to do with tactics, it’s shockingly weka play from a top player

But… if it carries in then I’d be concerned. The way we concede tonight though was nothing about the manager and it changed the game

How many have great records against the top 3? And not sure anyone is expecting us to batter those teams anyway? Yes that might be what Angeball is all about but we are 12 months into it, I seriously doubt anyone including the manager is expecting us to steamroll Emirates Marketing Project and the Goons at this stage of things....
Not many. But I guess the point is that Ange talks about aiming for a title. His game plan relies on blowing teams away early on.

We’ll never do that to the top teams no more than any other team. That, in my opinion, is a problem with Angeball. It’ll never reach the heights he wants to.

This is exactly what happened on too many occations last season. If one, or even 3 players loses it, it can be anything. But when the team collapses and suddenly struggle to do the basic things right and run into trouble time and time again, at least a portion of it has to be down to the manager and the game plan. I think "lost" is a very good word to describe it, like "We do it our way or not at all".

They all looked like they didn’t know their jobs for that period. The Bentacur injury gave us a reset at that’s a genuine worry for me as it’s not new as we said.. dont know the answer TBH but that’s something he has to resolve. I think it needs a better captain to take charge

They look like they don't fully buy into the system tbh

It’s because the team are still growing into the system. When you gift a goal like that and it’s suddenly 1-1 after you dominated a game, that’s a shock. It’s then a huge challenge to get the players to bounce back and have full confidence in what they’re doing. When the players do that is when we start flying.

And yes, that is very much on the manager to drill into his team. But there’s only one way to do it: with time.

Back