• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

We didn’t concede today because we were naive… it was one man fudgein* up
Let’s be honest about that
If that doesn’t happen … and it really shouldn’t because it’s basic they wouldn’t get any belief to build anything. It was their first shot FFS

We've been like this since last October, i.e, since 10 games into his time in his charge.

'First sign of trouble', indeed.

Mate you talk a pretty big game on here. Surely you don’t expect everything to be perfect after 15 months?

First half was fine, second was poor. We’ve seen it play out like that quite a bit.

Bound to come in for some criticism.

There’s a naivety about the way we play at times and it costs us.

Needs to find a better balance.

It's always only one half, too. We play well for 45 minutes and then collapse, and Postecoglou has singularly failed at fixing this for about 30 games running.

Strange.

Score goals when you’re dominating and it doesn’t fudging matter.

Why is it so hard to understand?
I agree.

I understand that. I don’t get your reply.

if we don’t put sides to bed early then we need to find a better balance.

Why is that hard to understand.

Son i
The bloke has had a free hit with most of the fans after a run that would see a large percentage of managers be at risk of losing their job, the idea spurs fans are not backing him is mental
I must have missed this, when exactly was he at risk of losing his job? Was it when we were top of the league, or when we sunk to the lowly depths of 5th in the same season we lost Kane?

I think he’s getting a fair crack of the whip. There is absolutely no sense of anyone saying “Ange Out” or anything. But criticism is fair game especially when you see the same patterns playing out. You can’t expect people to blindly follow.

Why is it directed at the manager?? What about the players who couldn’t finish?

The tactics CLEARLY work when properly implemented. The players didn’t do it today.

Everyone on here takes that to mean the system is broken and the first thing we should do is change everything.

That’s not how you become successful.

We didn’t concede today because we were naive… it was one man fudgein* up
Let’s be honest about that
If that doesn’t happen … and it really shouldn’t because it’s basic they wouldn’t get any belief to build anything. It was their first shot FFS

it's not all on Romero, shouldn't give the ball away in the first place, shouldn't let the cross come in

The bloke has had a free hit with most of the fans after a run that would see a large percentage of managers be at risk of losing their job, the idea spurs fans are not backing him is mental

And it really isn’t the fans he (Tommy) needs to worry about when it comes to patience.

I think he’s getting a fair crack of the whip. There is absolutely no sense of anyone saying “Ange Out” or anything. But criticism is fair game especially when you see the same patterns playing out. You can’t expect people to blindly follow.
I agree. I don't want Ange OUT either, but I want him to fix the same problems we have had for 6 months.

Mate you talk a pretty big game on here. Surely you don’t expect everything to be perfect after 15 months?

I expect things to steadily improve, yes. What you have failed to see is that since game 10 of last season, we have gotten *worse* - settling at a pretty mediocre level that has continued into this season.

I expect a coach to fix problems, make his players better and adapt to issues.

He has done none of this. We are the same 45-minute wonders we were last year.

Either we show improvement, or he's back in Melbourne by Christmas and we get a better coach in. Like I said, no more excuses for the guy, nowhere to hide. This is his team now, in his image.

Do better.

He is good for the last 15-20 minutes when we are not chasing and can go on the counter. I think that should be his role and I agree he does bring something în that situation.
Maybe, but I dread we'll have the "hard cross from the wing and hope for the best"-fest from last year. And from what I remember, he's not a very good crosser. His best move is go to the byline and do an outward 45, but who's on the end of it? We don't have the players to regularly convert what that brings - jury's out on Solanke, mind. Look at what happened when Maddison put a dipping inswing into the box. Why do what doesn't work when we can do that? We also have a reasonably creative player in Bergwall (and Maddison, when on his game) who can put people through, if they're willing to take a shot and not set the record for amount of passes inside the box - every single game. I think we can do with the system as long as someone takes responsibility and shoots as opposed to messing around, Son being the main culprit at the moment. It does my head in, really.

Don’t disagree we need to shoot more but we had 10 shots. Many of them very good chances. We should have been at least 2, probably 3-0 up.
Agreed
But if they don’t gi in is the answer create even more or actually control the game more
We had that control and then Romero went wandering and for a 5/8 minutes period we were all lost at sea
That’s a recurring theme
We didn’t have that issue first half of last year but the second half we did. The players looked lost, almost as if they couldnt believe it
My other worry is our attacking is very lopsided
Maddsion to son to destiny was a theme. We don’t seem to want too, or Maddison doesn’t like to hit quick passes that change the play across the pitch. That’s how you make deep defences uncomfortable by moving them. I find that odd and I don’t think that will change with this line up

Will be interesting to see who we play instead of Bentacur on Saturday as he was playing realky well for me

Why is it directed at the manager?? What about the players who couldn’t finish?

The tactics CLEARLY work when properly implemented. The players didn’t do it today.

Everyone on here takes that to mean the system is broken and the first thing we should do is change everything.

That’s not how you become successful.
The players are getting plenty of stick as well, just read the thread. But the manager ultimately carries the can. It was ever thus.

It wasn’t just a mistake or two that cost us today. By the end, we were a little fortunate to come out of that with a point.

I expect things to steadily improve, yes. What you have failed to see is that since game 10 of last season, we have gotten *worse* - settling at a pretty mediocre level that has continued into this season.

I expect a coach to fix problems, make his players better and adapt to issues.

He has done none of this. We are the same 45-minute wonders we were last year.

Either we show improvement, or he's back in Melbourne by Christmas and we get a better coach in. Like I said, no more excuses for the guy, nowhere to hide. This is his team now, in his image.

Do better.

Alright mate. No doubt you’ll be back the next time we don’t win. See you then.

Back