• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

If we had tailed off after an hour or so I could agree, but right from the restart at ht, that's mental, that's the players have switched off thinking the game is done. And it's not one or two it's four or five, and senior professionals to boot.

Yes, i agree. But after it has happened, the best managers work to rectify it ASAP, not stand, watch and just shake their head. You or i could have just done that FFS

Not having the European football as an excuse, we saw enough of us folding last year without it.

Last year we were told not having European football was the issue.

He rotated most the team
He rotated
Not arguing that
But they all travelled
It’s a radar able distance and I suspect they either didn’t get him until Friday am
And they also wouldn’t have been prepping for this game that early in the week
It’s just an idea

If we had tailed off after an hour or so I could agree, but right from the restart at ht, that's mental, that's the players have switched off thinking the game is done. And it's not one or two it's four or five, and senior professionals to boot.
That’s the kicker
It’s was the exact opposite of how we started the game

Yes, i agree. But after it has happened, the best managers work to rectify it ASAP, not stand, watch and just shake their head. You or i could have just done that FFS
Why are fans so obsessed with body language
When PEH pointed and shouted she got berated for it
I think it’s an odd thing
Ange is watching what we’re seeing and has a team behind him maybe doing more analytical things to advise
He isn’t arteta trying to get on the pitch. That’s not how he does things

Why are fans so obsessed with body language
When PEH pointed and shouted she got berated for it
I think it’s an odd thing
Ange is watching what we’re seeing and has a team behind him maybe doing more analytical things to advise
He isn’t arteta trying to get on the pitch. That’s not how he does things

I'm not talking about body language, i'm talking about DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make a change and try and effect the situation

I'm still in shock tbh, that was incredible.
We were so good in first half, and I don't buy that that was totally down to Brighton being bad, how can you be so bad in the second half.
Two things strike me, wellbeck and Maddison interviews after the game, wellbeck says they were embarrassed by the first half, maddison just gives the usual bs.
Second, any golfer will tell you never to coast when you are ahead, it's very difficult to up your game if your opponent comes back at you.
Keep your foot on their neck.

I'm not talking about body language, i'm talking about DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make a change and try and effect the situation
You don’t k ow what he is doing or thinking
He may have panned to make a change and bang… we concede again… then another
So he changes what his plans are
You don’t just throw a player on unless it’s an injury. You at least let them get warmed up
It’s people assuming they know things we can’t possibly know. I haven’t a clue what’s going on, on the bench whilst the game js happening

I'm still in shock tbh, that was incredible.
We were so good in first half, and I don't buy that that was totally down to Brighton being bad, how can you be so bad in the second half.
Two things strike me, wellbeck and Maddison interviews after the game, wellbeck says they were embarrassed by the first half, maddison just gives the usual bs.
Second, any golfer will tell you never to coast when you are ahead, it's very difficult to up your game if your opponent comes back at you.
Keep your foot on their neck.

Agree, but even the very best teams have times when they are under the cosh after good start. the best coaches, more often than not, know how to deal with it and mitigate against it somewhat by making changes via subs, formation changes, sitting deep, making fouls, drawing fouls to frustrate etc etc

It's rare a team has it totally their own way. the best know this and handle things instead of just watching whilst the car-crash happens

You don’t k ow what he is doing or thinking
He may have panned to make a change and bang… we concede again… then another
So he changes what his plans are
You don’t just throw a player on unless it’s an injury. You at least let them get warmed up
It’s people assuming they know things we can’t possibly know. I haven’t a clue what’s going on, on the bench whilst the game js happening

We can only go by actions, which ultimately speak louder than words. It's not like Ange hasn't made subs in reaction to how a game is going before, hence why the bs he spouted in the interview made no sense

it is really easy to sit here and say "change this or change that" but the truth is that arresting momentum isn't as easy as sending on a new player or two.

In truth what was needed yesterday was a step up from the senior pros - Maddison, Vicario, and Romero, along with Bentancur and Werner as the older heads in the team should have been focussing on the fact the game was getting away from us. What you have to do is go back to basics, play your game, and gradually the crowd noise and momentum falls away.

There have been a few instances where we've gone behind early in the last year and come back, so its not unreasonable to expect the manager to let the team sort it out - in this instance it just hasn't happened.

In a week after we've won another game, this one will be a blip - we absolutely need the team to learn from it, and to that end it needed to happen, hopefully its another lesson for a youngish team. A month ago we were creating a hatful of chances, but couldn't score, now we are scoring freely and dominating games, the next step is to learn to deal with the tactical switches that opposition managers will send their teams out with.

all part of the rich tapestry of life, football wise.

We can only go by actions, which ultimately speak louder than words. It's not like Ange hasn't made subs in reaction to how a game is going before, hence why the bs he spouted in the interview made no sense
What BS
The bit about performance being poor regardless of making any subs?
I mean he is right
People will wanna take the context how they see fit of course but he is saying that the dormancy had dropped to an unacceptable level that hurt is with our without substitutes

it is really easy to sit here and say "change this or change that" but the truth is that arresting momentum isn't as easy as sending on a new player or two.

In truth what was needed yesterday was a step up from the senior pros - Maddison, Vicario, and Romero, along with Bentancur and Werner as the older heads in the team should have been focussing on the fact the game was getting away from us. What you have to do is go back to basics, play your game, and gradually the crowd noise and momentum falls away.

There have been a few instances where we've gone behind early in the last year and come back, so its not unreasonable to expect the manager to let the team sort it out - in this instance it just hasn't happened.

In a week after we've won another game, this one will be a blip - we absolutely need the team to learn from it, and to that end it needed to happen, hopefully its another lesson for a youngish team. A month ago we were creating a hatful of chances, but couldn't score, now we are scoring freely and dominating games, the next step is to learn to deal with the tactical switches that opposition managers will send their teams out with.

all part of the rich tapestry of life, football wise.
We needed to fake a break
Do what Arsenal do and literally stop the game
That’s smart for a team
Instead we played it at their pace

What BS
The bit about performance being poor regardless of making any subs?
I mean he is right
People will wanna take the context how they see fit of course but he is saying that the dormancy had dropped to an unacceptable level that hurt is with our without substitutes

The BS about not wanting to make substitutes and get a 'false victory'...has he not managed in football before? does he think teams can only win a 'deserved' fashion?
By that token, was that a 'false victory' for Brighton yesterday given that we completed dominated them in the first half and could have been leading by more than two goals?

A manager at THFC (or any big club in the scheme of things in the football pyramid) gets paid to win a match or at least try to. That includes making changes when your team has started badly (as the Brighton coach did) or making changes to counter the changes in play or personnel that the opposition team has brought to the table.
What is the point of SQUAD options if substitutions are 'pointless'? Alsop, he DID make subs in the end, which shows he clearly doesn't really believe in what he said...

The BS about not wanting to make substitutes and get a 'false victory'...has he not managed in football before? does he think teams can only win a 'deserved' fashion?
By that token, was that a 'false victory' for Brighton yesterday given that we completed dominated them in the first half and could have been leading by more than two goals?

A manager at THFC (or any big club in the scheme of things in the football pyramid) gets paid to win a match or at least try to. That includes making changes when your team has started badly (as the Brighton coach did) or making changes to counter the changes in play or personnel that the opposition team has brought to the table.
What is the point of SQUAD options if substitutions are 'pointless'? Alsop, he DID make subs in the end, which shows he clearly doesn't really believe in what he said...
Where is that quote from?
I’ve not heard that one

Back