• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

I can't be bothered anymore. Called this result at 1-2. How long can you continue with a manager who doesn't think you have to be able to defend and who regularly announces his determination never to learn from experience?

For me, it was simply about application. If we applied ourselves like we did in the first-half we'd have been fine. Brighton upped their press and aggression, we backed off both. We simply didn't show the appetite for the fight; it felt like immaturity, the sort which needs experienced leadership on the pitch to sort out fast as it's happening.

The complete lack of anyone supporting Solanke’s pressing in the lead up to their first goal was appalling.

Wish we had a LB of Estupinan’s calibre to bring off the bench, yet again a thorn in our side when he came on.

I can't be bothered anymore. Called this result at 1-2. How long can you continue with a manager who doesn't think you have to be able to defend and who regularly announces his determination never to learn from experience?

I cannot blame Ange for the goals conceded. All were defendable. We had players in place for all. We simply didn't get the job done because of focus/lack of fight. I am a big Bentancur fan but how on earth does he not make sure that the ball does NOT get across for the third, and even if it does, what is Romero doing switching off? The first goal? Destiny hashes it - maybe VdV in the middle puts him off, but after that, the entire side needed to step up and close down/press/meet aggression with aggression and they didn't. I would agree it was puzzling s to why (at 2-1 up) he did not make the necessary subs. There are a couple of theories, but neither are worthy excuses IMO. The system works if the playerts keep playing.

I cannot blame Ange for the goals conceded. All were defendable. We had players in place for all. We simply didn't get the job done because of focus/lack of fight. I am a big Bentancur fan but how on earth does he not make sure that the ball does NOT get across for the third, and even if it does, what is Romero doing switching off? The first goal? Destiny hashes it - maybe VdV in the middle puts him off, but after that, the entire side needed to step up and close down/press/meet aggression with aggression and they didn't. I would agree it was puzzling s to why (at 2-1 up) he did not make the necessary subs. There are a couple of theories, but neither are worthy excuses IMO. The system works if the playerts keep playing.
Sure, individual mistakes, yada yada, but it's part of an all-too-familiar pattern by now. They lack focus because they aren't ever being focussed. He even tries to make a virtue of it. The subs thing is damning, it's like he completely froze for twenty minutes.

Back