• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

We really paid for it yesterday. In fairness, if Richarlison is fit we have an extra game changing option on the bench, and the injuries to Sonny and Odobert really counted yesterday.

But we just switched off. It is by far the most annoying defeat (for me) in a long long time as I find myself questioning the personality of out senior pros who seemed unable to take the sting out of the game at 2-1.
Funny, I can't think of a single season where I didn't question their personality! When we couldn't see out a game and when they downed tools under Mourinho, when some of them went to the press to undermine Espirito Santos' work and then when Conte called them out after the Southampton game. Sure, you can say these three managers were poor fits at a club like Spurs but when they all complain about the same things, it raises some questions.

On the flip side, there can't be more than a couple of players left from the Mourinho days so maybe they were all trying to deflect the attention from their poor performance as managers. I honestly don't know.

As for Son's absence, I wonder if it's not a blessing in disguise. Werner gets a lot of stick but Son's last outings were anything but great and, more importantly, he slowed the game down every time he came near the ball (something Werner can't be accused of). I don't really know where he fits in Postecoglou's team and, at least for the moment. He doesn't have the charisma to swing the momentum when the going gets tough and he's better on the counter. He is/was a great player but I can't see what purpose he serves now.

I honestly believe that one of the big problems with lamela was that he was prepared to do the stuff no one else wanted to do, he had that in him and he was the only one in the dressing room that did and I don't think it went down well.
He shone a light on their frailty and was not welcomed into the clique of Harry, Eriksen, son and dele.

I honestly believe that one of the big problems with lamela was that he was prepared to do the stuff no one else wanted to do, he had that in him and he was the only one in the dressing room that did and I don't think it went down well.
He shone a light on their frailty and was not welcomed into the clique of Harry, Eriksen, son and dele.

Would be odd if that's the case, because certainly Kane and Dele were often very happy to dabble in the dark arts.

Maybe the issue was more that Lamela believed we were in a title race in 2016 and others like Rose didn't. Summing up he was more dare to do than he others (who were more let's not get carried away pal)

Bleep me; what a crap time to have a collapse...if it was anytime in the previous 3 weeks we'd a t least have a game coming up to take our minds off somewhat and for the players to rectify.

Now we have to fukking stew over it for two weeks whilst watching crap internationals (and no doubt a few of our players get injured doing so :mad: )

Yes, i'm still tinkled off!

Would be odd if that's the case, because certainly Kane and Dele were often very happy to dabble in the dark arts.

Maybe the issue was more that Lamela believed we were in a title race in 2016 and others like Rose didn't. Summing up he was more dare to do than he others (who were more let's not get carried away pal)

Yeah they dabbled, lamela was full on.
Could you see anyone else do what lamela did to fabregas, anyone else get the utd player sent off (martial?), lamela didn't care, he wanted to win and I'm not convinced that sits well at spurs.

Could you see anyone else do what lamela did to fabregas, anyone else get the utd player sent off (martial?), lamela didn't care, he wanted to win and I'm not convinced that sits well at spurs.

I think in Poch's team a few were close to the Lamela mindset actually, Vertonghen and actually Dier as a start. Kane could be pushed that way too.
But eventually the surroundings that are fostered at the top become too comfortable imo

I think in Poch's team a few were close to the Lamela mindset actually, Vertonghen and actually Dier as a start. Kane could be pushed that way too.
But eventually the surroundings that are fostered at the top become too comfortable imo
I've said for a long time we have a habit of buying settlers, players good enough ability wise but get to Tottenham and get comfortable with the culture of not needing to win.

I've said for a long time we have a habit of buying settlers, players good enough ability wise but get to Tottenham and get comfortable with the culture of not needing to win.

Tbf, winners usually don't come cheap.

But when we land ourselves with people of that ilk, are we prepared to cement around them? History says......

Tbf, winners usually don't come cheap.

But when we land ourselves with people of that ilk, are we prepared to cement around them? History says......

Even when we get them cheap we can't hang onto them, and I think that is as much to do with the culture around the club as to do with money.

I find it a bit pathetic that some Spurs fans think Lamela stepping on Fabregas' hand was anything to be proud of?

We were playing Chelsea in a game that we had to win and still could've won at the point that Lamela risks us having to play with 10 men for the rest of the game. Both a gutless and pointless action IMO. If you want to inflict some pain on Fabregas then hit him with a proper hard tackle (Lamela not anywhere near tough enough to do that so goes for the snidey option)

I don't think that was true. Everything I've read seems to suggest Lamela was popular and I'm sure when he was away with Argentina once he posted something along the lines of "I can't wait to get back to my team". I also don't think there was a frailty under the peak Poch years. We bullied teams. I miss Lamela. Watched a re-run of the 6-1 Old Trafford win in the run-up to the United game this season and Lamela went down like a sniper and got their player sent off. We really could do with his brickhousery in this team.

Bleep me; what a crap time to have a collapse...if it was anytime in the previous 3 weeks we'd a t least have a game coming up to take our minds off somewhat and for the players to rectify.

Now we have to fukking stew over it for two weeks whilst watching crap internationals (and no doubt a few of our players get injured doing so :mad: )

Yes, i'm still tinkled off!

I don’t think we’ve ever gone into an international break on a positive result.

Back