• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

He a football romantic....and that ain't changing.
He is and I do love him for it and would love him to succeed with it.

I’m really intrigued to see where he gets with it at Spurs. He’s talking a very different language to other managers where the result isn’t even the most important thing to him. It’s all about the process and the approach. And it’s easy to roll your eyes at that and say “that’s pseudo intellectual nonsense, this is football”.

But we need to do something different to other clubs to be successful because we don’t have the resources they have. What Ange does is very very different. It’d be brilliant for football if he was successful at this level IMO.

This. Pochettino played a high press/high line and the attackers often passed off full backs and stayed high but the difference was that the DM always dropped to split the CB when we were pushing high so we always had minimum of 3 back even if hit on the break.
Indeed. That is why I think a true, top class defensive midfield player would be transformational for this team.

I think Gray will end up being a superb defensive midfield player and I'd like to see him getting minutes in that position now in the Europa league.

Indeed. That is why I think a true, top class defensive midfield player would be transformational for this team.

I think Gray will end up being a superb defensive midfield player and I'd like to see him getting minutes in that position now in the Europa league.

The bolded bit is spot on, we have a big hole in our CM and until we get a proper defensive midfielder we will stuggle. As for Gray i hope he will be the man for next season but we really needed one in the summer.

Angel Gomes might be sold by Lille in January, as his contract ends in the summer.
And we’re rumoured to be sniffing around him and Davids
They would be really smart deals to make and we can also do a deal in jan for a free in the summer if the player agrees

And we’re rumoured to be sniffing around him and Davids
They would be really smart deals to make and we can also do a deal in jan for a free in the summer if the player agrees

Him and Davids? Do you mean Jonathan David?

Who would be the free player, Gomes or David?

It's early days for Gray, but it will be good to see him get minutes. I'm not sure it necessarily needs to be a superb DM. Not sure anyone would describe Eric Dier as superb, but he was very effective in that particular role. Much more so than as a CB 2bh.

It's early days for Gray, but it will be good to see him get minutes. I'm not sure it necessarily needs to be a superb DM. Not sure anyone would describe Eric Dier as superb, but he was very effective in that particular role. Much more so than as a CB 2bh.
I’d like to see him get some time there but we haven’t seen in so far

This for me why Ange looked the way he did, the most culpable are the most experienced and supposedly the leadership group.
Romero, maddison, Bentancur, Udogie were all gash.
Who is he going to replace them with.
Romero I don't think was that good first half, Bentancur was good at times but casual at others, same with maddison. One of those two should have been helping Porro more.
First half baleba strolled through our midfield from almost the edge of their box to edge of ours and no one went near him. Press him and turn over the ball and they were exposed.
Defensively the signs were there, we just didn't pay attention.
Kulu seems to be getting away Scot free , he was appalling , running in quicksand and got completely overwhelmed by their more aggressive press and intensity.

I agree with targeting Mitoma as the danger man and trying to snuff him out. That is basics, if ange can't see that then either Porro or Romero should be pointing it out and asking for help.
The subs thing I'm not convinced tbh, I would give solanke and Johnson a pass, possibly kulu and I don't think there was much Vic could have with the goals. So how many are we going to change, because we could have taken any of the rest off.
Other than Bissouma the bench was pretty much kids wasn't it?
Not kulu.

Could not agree more. I never understood why so many of our fans loved what we did to some of the Chelsea players. The truth is [imo] is that we lost our heads and because of that we lost what was a very important game, i said at the time we threw it away by playing like we did yet all i heard from a lot of our supporters was how great we kicked Chelski.

Chelski wanted a battle because they knew it would help them win the game, sadly we fell for it and blew our chances in a game we COULD have won.
We didn't lose.

He is and I do love him for it and would love him to succeed with it.

I’m really intrigued to see where he gets with it at Spurs. He’s talking a very different language to other managers where the result isn’t even the most important thing to him. It’s all about the process and the approach. And it’s easy to roll your eyes at that and say “that’s pseudo intellectual nonsense, this is football”.

But we need to do something different to other clubs to be successful because we don’t have the resources they have. What Ange does is very very different. It’d be brilliant for football if he was successful at this level IMO.
Fully agreed and also mostly enjoying the ride so far, despite frustrations along the way.

Tactics and player quality is really important. But true leadership, process and approach is also crucial. The "pseudo intellectual nonsense" is also very important. And perhaps even the most important, or the biggest difference maker. Tactics can be tweaked and an assistant/coach can help with that. Player quality depends a lot of finances, though obviously big differences with player identification and development. Again others can make a difference, scouts, DoFs, coaches.

But true leadership, approach and process has to come from the top/manager. I think Ange seems really good on that stuff and I really like what glimpses we get from the outside on his approach.

We didn't lose.

Of course, i meant we lost the result we needed. We were in control of the game but lost our heads which is just what Chelsea wanted.

It was theatre. I went in with a gameplan: that I didn't want Tottenham Hotspur blaming Mark Clattenburg that they were losing the title. There should have been three red cards to Tottenham. I allowed them to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: Tottenham lost the titleFormer Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg

Last edited:
Of course, i meant we lost the result we needed. We were in control of the game but lost our heads which is just what Chelsea wanted.

It was theatre. I went in with a gameplan: that I didn't want Tottenham Hotspur blaming Mark Clattenburg that they were losing the title. There should have been three red cards to Tottenham. I allowed them to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: Tottenham lost the titleFormer Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg
What Clattenburg said is total flimflam imho. He lost control of the game and no way in those milliseconds/seconds and even minutes he thought to himself : " I'm going to let Tottenham self-destruct ". We didnt lose the game even !
What if we won the game ? We nearly did and then we went onto win the league , how is that self destructing?
Ridiculous statement and he was just covering his own inadequacies a long time after the event with this statement.

What Clattenburg said is total flimflam imho. He lost control of the game and no way in those milliseconds/seconds and even minutes he thought to himself : " I'm going to let Tottenham self-destruct ". We didnt lose the game even !
What if we won the game ? We nearly did and then we went onto win the league , how is that self destructing?
Ridiculous statement and he was just covering his own inadequacies a long time after the event with this statement.
If we won that match it would have just postponed Leicester's title win by one match. We weren't playing to win the league we were playing not to seal it for Leicester.

If we won that match it would have just postponed Leicester's title win by one match. We weren't playing to win the league we were playing not to seal it for Leicester.

It was one of many examples that season where we didn’t put as much pressure as we could on Leicester for their next game.

I totally agree, we were never winning the league at that point in time but he didn't know we would self destruct and lose that particular game. Both teams had licence to do what they wanted with no repercussions or punishment ( only retrospective in Dembeles case).

Back