• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

Let’s be fair and honest about it though. We beat Coventry, Qarabag and Ferencvaros in the cups. I’d expect to win those games.

Brentford came to our place and were wide open while United were a brickshow.

We did well to win the games and played some great football. But as 5 game winning streaks go, it wasnt exactly earth shattering and they were never proof of anything.
Exactly. So far, every time we have come up against a decent side we have lost.

Let’s be fair and honest about it though. We beat Coventry, Qarabag and Ferencvaros in the cups. I’d expect to win those games.

Brentford came to our place and were wide open while United were a brickshow.

We did well to win the games and played some great football. But as 5 game winning streaks go, it wasnt exactly earth shattering and they were never proof of anything.
If Quarabag had someone to put the ball in the net that could have been a very different result, as we were caught wide open on a number of occasions. We got out of jail against Coventry after a really awful performance. So, the 5 game run perhaps sounds better than the reality of it was.

Out full backs didn’t invert never they scored
It was a rooster up by our full back that helped them a score
They did invert. As a previous poster said there were many points in the second half where Udogie was sat in the middle of the park and we had no obvious out to the left flank. Ange loves his high risk football and when the players are confident and the opposition press is a bit loose it works wonderfully. If you're 2-0 up away to a good team and particularly if you've been pegged back to 2-1 and they are pressing hard you just say "fudge the high risk high stakes football, if the left CB has the ball I want the left back no more than 5 metres to the left and ahead of him to give him a short easy option. Just keep the ball. Positionally we were all over the place second half as we were still playing the same game as the 1st half- a game in which we had lots of space. They'd had the obvious rocket up their arse at half time.- I mean is it just me or is this stuff not even rocket science?

If Quarabag had someone to put the ball in the net that could have been a very different result, as we were caught wide open on a number of occasions. We got out of jail against Coventry after a really awful performance. So, the 5 game run perhaps sounds better than the reality of it was.
Yeah I’m not trying to be captain hindsight or brick all over it. We did well and some of the football in the league games particularly was excellent. But I did also think the reaction to the Man U game was too much and said so in the week. As good as we were, they were fudging abysmal.

Spot on about Romero. Ultimately you can put the Leicester, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal results almost entirely down to his mistakes/switching off. Guarantee if we just had a steady eddie partnering VDV that wasn't as good a player as Romero but could just concentrate for 90 minutes we'd be about 7 points better off this season. Like just get someone like Jonny Evans or something. I wonder how long you can actually justify his starting place.
I understand there is a witch hunt for Romero today but VDV was honestly no better today.

What can you say about this game other than this is purely down to weak mentality. Weak mentality from the players who looked like rabbits in headlights as soon as the momentum swung against them. And weak mentality from the manager who stood and watched practically crying as it was all falling apart. Tactical change should have been made at half time. Just see it out. This isn't the Scottish league. Yet at 2-0 up away to a decent team you've still got everyone bombing forward leaving big gaps at the back.

Absolutely. That weakness manifested itself first as simply thinking they could coast the second-half and not collectively do the hard work you need. There are obvious errors but the truth is there was a collective switch-down. Those first 15/20 mins of the second-half have to be about killing any thoughts of momentum from them.

They did invert. As a previous poster said there were many points in the second half where Udogie was sat in the middle of the park and we had no obvious out to the left flank. Ange loves his high risk football and when the players are confident and the opposition press is a bit loose it works wonderfully. If you're 2-0 up away to a good team and particularly if you've been pegged back to 2-1 and they are pressing hard you just say "fudge the high risk high stakes football, if the left CB has the ball I want the left back no more than 5 metres to the left and ahead of him to give him a short easy option. Just keep the ball. Positionally we were all over the place second half as we were still playing the same game as the 1st half- a game in which we had lots of space. They'd had the obvious rocket up their arse at half time.- I mean is it just me or is this stuff not even rocket science?
Before they scored the goal maybe full backs were lined up with no inverting

Absolutely. That weakness manifested itself first as simply thinking they could coast the second-half and not collectively do the hard work you need. There are obvious errors but the truth is there was a collective switch-down. Those first 15/20 mins of the second-half have to be about killing any thoughts of momentum from them.
100%. Brighton are a very good team. This was a tough test and the absolute anger I feel after this game is that for 45 mins we totally trashed them but then just switched off to the fact that this is the PL and that Brighton are a top half team easily. It's not rocket science that they're going to get a rocket up their arse at half time, that their manager and coaching staff are going to be in there showing them analysis of how to nullify what we did first half. The idea that we could just go out and play the same game again is just naive in the extreme. And I'm starting to think that might be angeball. Naivety. Bit like Kevin Keegan's Saudi Sportswashing Machine: when it works it's amazing to watch. But you'll never grind out a result when you're having an off day (please don't tell me Coventry and Borat FC were grinding out wins) and you'll never see out a result like this in the circumstances.

100%. Brighton are a very good team. This was a tough test and the absolute anger I feel after this game is that for 45 mins we totally trashed them but then just switched off to the fact that this is the PL and that Brighton are a top half team easily. It's not rocket science that they're going to get a rocket up their arse at half time, that their manager and coaching staff are going to be in there showing them analysis of how to nullify what we did first half. The idea that we could just go out and play the same game again is just naive in the extreme. And I'm starting to think that might be angeball. Naivety. Bit like Kevin Keegan's Saudi Sportswashing Machine: when it works it's amazing to watch. But you'll never grind out a result when you're having an off day (please don't tell me Coventry and Borat FC were grinding out wins) and you'll never see out a result like this in the circumstances.
The idea we will oaky the same again is fine
But you ain’t doing that unless you okay at 100%
Drop 10% at this level and you will get punished

The idea we will oaky the same again is fine
But you ain’t doing that unless you okay at 100%
Drop 10% at this level and you will get punished
Actually when I say Romero has a concentration problem this is what I'm talking about. Romero isn't the only player that did it, but it's a consistent thing with him and he's vice-captain and supposedly one of the senior leaders in the squad. Yet you can see his application and concentration drop 5-10% in games like these. He starts to coast and it all starts to go to brick for him from there.

Actually when I say Romero has a concentration problem this is what I'm talking about. Romero isn't the only player that did it, but it's a consistent thing with him and he's vice-captain and supposedly one of the senior leaders in the squad. Yet you can see his application and concentration drop 5-10% in games like these. He starts to coast and it all starts to go to brick for him from there.
Yep
Said it before he thrives when he is defending backs to the wall
Or were attacking
Somewhere in between he loses his head

Complacency or boredom?

If he wants to play for Real Madrid he won’t be allowed to get away with such basic errors.
Impossible to say
I’d guess that it’s almost impossible to stay focussed a full 90 for the whole time
But then I’m not a World Cup winning centre back so what do I know

Back