• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Tottenham Hotspurs vs Brentford - Sat, 21 Sept, 3pm

What was great today was the variety
Some long and short play
Some quick passing
Some players keeping the ball
Some great tackling too
Get the left operating like right and we will step up
Maddison did everything he could to do that today
It was SO much better than anything we’ve seen since the Villa game. Exciting to watch, incisive forward passing and loads of effort. They were depleted, so we’ll see how we go, but a huge improvement.

It was SO much better than anything we’ve seen since the Villa game. Exciting to watch, incisive forward passing and loads of effort. They were depleted, so we’ll see how we go, but a huge improvement.
They were depleted last week against city too
That’s what happens
You play teams who start to get injuries and you have to exploit it
Helped they tried to attack us

Didn't really notice it until I saw the highlights on MOTD, but why did so many of the players wear a long sleeved shirt under the proper shirt? Wasn't it like 20°C? Looked weird.

Probably the best performance of the season so far, though slightly difficult to know how much of it was Brentford not being at their best.

Going behind early barely impacted our confidence and belief. Good to see.

Didn't really notice it until I saw the highlights on MOTD, but why did so many of the players wear a long sleeved shirt under the proper shirt? Wasn't it like 20°C? Looked weird.
Its much more comfortable. It manages chaffing and temperature regulation. Have a tight layer next to your body and a looser one over the top. Same as everyone has lycra shorts under their kit ones. Same as walkers do with two pairs of socks.

It's a great rule to stop time wasting ..imagine other players joining in like one of the older world cups
I disagree about that - just add the exact time spent celebrating, and that won’t be an issue, IMO. There's a natural break in the play, as the game will have to be restarted after the goal anyway. It's not the same issue as players feigning injury or spending ages taking goal kicks/theow ins.

I disagree about that - just add the exact time spent celebrating, and that won’t be an issue, IMO. There's a natural break in the play, as the game will have to be restarted after the goal anyway. It's not the same issue as players feigning injury or spending ages taking goal kicks/theow ins.
The best thing to stop time wasting would be a new rule that all restarts are taken within 15 seconds of the whistle, otherwise the ball is turned over

We created an humongous amount of openings. Every other attack we opened them up. How weren’t we 2-3 up in the first half? The team is settling, and with a packed penalty box it’s understandable. Still some issues with how we convert promising positions tho. Eventually we made good. But I don’t think we can play like that every game through the season. We need to develop into a more clinical side. In both boxes. Baby steps.

Maddison was MOM. I thought Udogie was much more proactive too. Everyone played well.

Last edited:
Yeah, to me surely the ref can just stop his watch when the goal is scored and celebrations begin then simply restart his watch when kick off happens....

We created an humongous amount of openings. Every other attack we opened them up. How weren’t 2-3 up in the first? The team is settling, and with a packed penalty box it’s understandable. Still some issues with how we convert promising positions tho. Eventually we made good. But I don’t think we can play like that every game through the season. We need to develop into a more clinical side. In both boxes. Baby steps.

Maddison was MOM. I thought Udogie was much more proactive too. Everyone played well.
It’s not conversion
It’s the pass before
There was a great run from Johnson early doors and kulu hit the pass behind him
There was the time son was put through by solanke and son didn’t making the decision that he would have a year ago
The time Maddison shot outside of his foot when a smarter pass would have when the cross
Johnson ball across after son didn’t shoot that was half cross/half shot
There the ones
The key though is we made a LOT of chances

I did not renew my season ticket this season and did not expect to be going to the games but unfortunately my son broke his foot and can't drive so I had to go get a seat and take him and grandson. I was pleased I went, thought it was a very enjoyable game with action at both ends (the way games should be). I thought our fullbacks played a more restrained game and gave us more stability, first time I've seen Solanke play for us and his pressing was very impressive, Bentancur did an excellent job for us along with Maddison.

Its much more comfortable. It manages chaffing and temperature regulation. Have a tight layer next to your body and a looser one over the top. Same as everyone has lycra shorts under their kit ones. Same as walkers do with two pairs of socks.
Bunch of pussies! At least cut the sleeves off! Looks ridiculous with long sleeves in a different colour than the shirt. Looks ridiculous anyway, and especially when it's 20 degrees!

Just watched the game.

Chump of the day was clearly the ref, John Brooks. Thomas Frank should not be happy about his performance. PGMOL may have unearthed the new Anthony Taylor.

As for us, I was impressed with most of what I saw. Bentancur for me was MoTM. That was the number 6 performance I've been waiting to see for a long time from Spurs. Of course, the defensive vulnerability was still there to see but it was lessened by Bents constant mopping up. That vulnerability was also countered by our intensity in the pressing all over the pitch. We never let them settle and saw a lot of turnover in our favour.

Good to see us hit the back of the net 3 times as well, although still some big chances missed. I'd also say it was one of Ange's best game management performances. The subs were also made at good times to keep things fresh.

Back