• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Tottenham Hotspurs vs Brentford - Sat, 21 Sept, 3pm

The video ref can’t be used because it was minor
That’s how it should be
What if Vicario was already on a yellow? Suddenly not so minor.

Just like Jorginho last weekend, off the ball pulling down one of our players during a counter attack. He was also already on a yellow, and there are countless similar examples.

Personally I find it highly illogical that VAR can't interfere in situations where the ref has missed a blatant free kick or should've given a yellow card. It's a limitation that makes no sense in my view.

Just like Jorginho last weekend, off the ball pulling down one of our players during a counter attack. He was also already on a yellow, and there are countless similar examples.

Personally I find it highly illogical that VAR can't interfere in situations where the ref has missed a blatant free kick or should've given a yellow card. It's a limitation that makes no sense in my view.

Doesn't matter.
Var won't be used for yellow card calls, only straight reds.

My point exactly - it makes no sense that VAR isn't allowed to intervene in these kind of situations.

They had to draw a line somewhere, and everyone will have a different opinion on where that line should be, but if you start looking at potential 2nd yellow cards, do you start looking at every yellow card, or fouls as they can add up to a yellow.

For me, I feel the game would be too stop, start. You want to reduce the stoppages in the game, rather than add onto it

Last edited:
Some enjoy doing the analysis.

In my opinion it's a futile exercise, whatever anyone on here thinks it will not change a thing. Stats, analysis are all just cold blooded looks at what's happen not taking human beings into the equation. In life we all make errors and mistakes luckily we don't have a million experts ripping us apart. All this pundit crap you get on TV has bred generation of experts, it's so depressing listening to the rubbish they spout at my grandsons games, I'm happy I played at a time when you had 2 men and a dog watching our youth team games and we had fun with your mates.

In my opinion it's a futile exercise, whatever anyone on here thinks it will not change a thing. Stats, analysis are all just cold blooded looks at what's happen not taking human beings into the equation. In life we all make errors and mistakes luckily we don't have a million experts ripping us apart. All this pundit crap you get on TV has bred generation of experts, it's so depressing listening to the rubbish they spout at my grandsons games, I'm happy I played at a time when you had 2 men and a dog watching our youth team games and we had fun with your mates.

Kids and amateur game, whole different thing, in the pro game its only right to have such analysis, its the same for anyone who works for any reasonable size corporation, if you make a mistake it will be thoroughly investigated and processes will be put in place to reduce the chances of such mistakes being made again. It's just good business.

The word blatant would get stretched
Look at todays game
Id like var to challenge the ref on Reya feigning injury to get the second quarter team meeting… thats cheating and intentional… miles worse than the keeper dropping and handling a ball

Kids and amateur game, whole different thing, in the pro game its only right to have such analysis, its the same for anyone who works for any reasonable size corporation, if you make a mistake it will be thoroughly investigated and processes will be put in place to reduce the chances of such mistakes being made again. It's just good business.

Analysis in an organization is good, by a bloke in the pub is pointless

Back