• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Scum ***

To add to the second half of last season.

The bloke can’t cross, score goals or pass accurately. The fact that he was retained, as I said on here before the season started, told me everything about where we remain as a football club.
Dialectic at play. He was the best wide player for us today and his retention showed everything our club appears to be prepared to be!

Werner was miles better than all the wide players
He did what was meant to happen
No one else did
Miles better I agree (maybe not than Odobert) but still it amounted to the grand total of fudge all.

Random crosses into areas and not aimed at specific players don't impress me. Anyone can do that and they typically dont lead to anything because they aren't targeted at a specific player. Every now and again yes you get a goal from them but they are low percentage chance.2 The greats didn't just fling crosses into areas they crossed to specific players and and until that's the way we are playing with wide players we'll continue to "have no one where the crosss was"

But back to the topic of Werner, he was ok in his cameo but still that's it only ok. If that's the standard then forget what you claimed about this being out year.

Still no closer to working out the plan.

We first of all didn't find Johnson, but when we started to, he can't beat a man or cross the ball.

Maddison is hiding, coming deep to recycle the ball sideways, but he plays every game. Is he being told to do that?

Create nothing for a striker that relies on things being created. Did we buy him just to press?

We pass up to the winger, the underlap meaning he can't take on the full back cause the space is taken.

Unmarked men at set pieces

Romero's point point fake pass point then play the original pass to a bow tightly marked teammate

It's the same thing every game

They dropped fewer points and were closer to City taking it to the last game. Unless I am dreaming?

Arsenal folded when City overtook them the season before last, dropping points once the title was out of their hands. Last season it went to the wire so they didn't have that plateau once it was out of their hands.

Partey is a great player and I'm glad they spent 100m trying to upgrade him than at CF cos I'd they did the latter they probably would have walked the league

I think if they had Odegaard and Rice on the pitch they might have played more openly, which would have suited us better. As it were, their game plan was to stay compact. People saying we need to find a way to break teams down, but this is Arsenal not Brentford. They had the best defense in the PL last season, which makes it even more difficult to break down when they're playing with a defensive mindset. The only way to break them down would be to cede possession and play similar to them, so spaces open up. Because when they're set in their defensive shape, it's going to be extremely difficult for any team, no just us.
We are certainly not beating them with the system we are playing.

Arsenal folded when City overtook them the season before last, dropping points once the title was out of their hands. Last season it went to the wire so they didn't have that plateau once it was out of their hands
Or they were just better....?!! At the top 5 points better off is a big margin. Especially with the improvement in goal difference.

Angry because it them and it's still raw. But with perspective we've been easily the better team in the first 3 games and possibly today aswell.

As usual with Spurs it's all about moments. If Solanke had shot instead of hesitating in the first half when the valley ran to him we could have been 1 up and a totally different game.

I do think it's looking OK. I know it's been said enough but Arteta finished 8th in his first 2 seasons and now look at them.
If you don't actually create goal scoring chances how much of a better team were you really?

If we had, had the same results but with the opposition keepers have worldy games and we were peppering the goal and somehow just missing (like the Harry Redknapp days) then I'd agree with you but that hasn't been the case. We've played some neat and nice passing football between the penalty boxes but have barely threatened the opposition goal. How many greats saves have we seen their keepers make? Vicario have saved more.

Again look at the context, season prior they threw points away cos of knowing they'd thrown the league away
I don't think they "threw any points away," rather they ran out of steam the season before. I believe Rice gave them the extra edge last season. A massive signing for them and a big loss this season if he's out for a long time. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think they t"hrew any points away, " rather they ran out of steam the season before. I believe Rice gave them the extra edge last season. A massive signing for them and a big loss this season if he's out for a long time. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Defo

Miles better I agree (maybe not than Odobert) but still it amounted to the grand total of fudge all.

Random crosses into areas and not aimed at specific players don't impress me. Anyone can do that and they typically dont lead to anything because they aren't targeted at a specific player. Every now and again yes you get a goal from them but they are low percentage chance.2 The greats didn't just fling crosses into areas they crossed to specific players and and until that's the way we are playing with wide players we'll continue to "have no one where the crosss was"

But back to the topic of Werner, he was ok in his cameo but still that's it only ok. If that's the standard then forget what you claimed about this being out year.
I think Werner is fine as an old fashioned winger. If you need goals from him then you have a problem. But Arsenal managed to transform Havertz into a decent player. It's amazing what good coaching can do

Back