• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Scum ***

Ange hasn’t got a fudging clue how to change it.

This is brick.
He doesn't. Hopefully it's a "yet". He needs to learn how to break teams down in the EPL.
Was it Fergie or Wenger that said he gave his team instructions and information, but also gave them the freedom and the responsibility to "find a way".

Never looked like scoring, or causing much trouble.

I hope we give Bergvall, Spence, Moore a change some of the 1st team Vs Coventry to try and claim a place in the first team.

Some players today have had plenty of chances and not delivering
Coventry will probably knock us out anyway so maybe some of the fringe players can impress. But looking out our next few games, we’re not coming-out of the bottom half of the table any time soon with this nonsense

And this game sums up how far behind Arsenal we really are. What were they missing 7 players? 3 who would have been in the starting 11 and 4 who would have been on the bench, and who do we bring on to chase the game Werner and Odebert. Its about time big Ange gets some scrutiny. I know I sound like a broken record but every performance has been like this for ages going well back into last season

And this game sums up how far behind Arsenal we really are. What were they missing 7 players? 3 who would have been in the starting 11 and 4 who would have been on the bench, and who do we bring on to chase the game Werner and Odebert. Its about time big Ange gets some scrutiny. I know I sound like a broken record but every performance has been like this for ages going well back into last season

They were missing 2 starting players. We were missing 1

I don't disagree with that but your post that I responded to was using a couple of games 'evidence' to argue the point, which is obviously not enough to go on
Tbh I'm not basing it on just this season, I'm basing on Ange's entire time here and what I see as holes in the system. These are things that I felt we should have addressed in the summer. I'm not even trying to be negative and I don't think I am honestly but I'm just analysing the football as I'm seeing it.

Ball out wide to the wingers to cut it back into the striker.

When there are 5 defenders to your 1 striker, it's difficult to find that cut back. And that's if you can get your wingers in behind them
Over simplfying it, that's only one part. A lot of our play went through the middle, trying intricate passing that didn't come off.
There was plenty of times that Johnson was in space and we didn't use him, just slowly passed it around midfield and by the time it did get to him he was marked and unable to do anything with it.

We don't create clear cut chances for anyone. I said this last season and this one but was told it due to lacking a CF. We have the CF yet shockingly we still don't actually creat chances for the striker.

If anything, this is more concerning than the loss.

Loss is okay. We completed fairly decently, wasn't an embarrassment.

Where we're at as a club, competing against them is the best we can hope for. And outside of a golden period under Poch, this has always been true for 25 years. Why this is, is left as an exercise to the reader.

But what concerns me is the utter lack of chance creation. We concede a lot of defensive frailty for, theoretically, better chance creation and forcing turnovers at the other end.

Today we created absolutely nothing. Nothing. Nilch. Against a weakened Arsenal side, we produced a performance so abysmally lacking in creativity it resembled the aimless tippy-tappy of Villas Boas.

Postecoglou needs to improve that side of our game, because he has staked everything on the offensive side outweighing his defensive weaknesses.

Other than that, ah well. Like I said - they compete at a higher level to us, and the same is true of City, Liverpool, and the rest. Because of the different choices they, and we, have made. I'm not going to be too put out as a result. Hopefully we pick up some wins soon.

Back